• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 662,539
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Getting Ighalo to extend. They make it seem like they just signed Mbappe ffs

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wijnaldum arguably flourishes more for Holland, or at least his full talents are able to be showcased in a less restrictive role. I think given relatively freedom in a more advanced role he could be post some good numbers for a midfielder.
He's nowhere near Barca level for me. Would be a good squad option but wouldnt come cheap.

I think people keep forgetting than Klopp elevates people beyond their ability, I'm not so sure Wijnaldum would be the player he is at a confused Barca side.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d take Idrissa Gueye if he’s available.

If we could get him on loan that would be the perfect scenario as I don’t see us getting Thomas Partey especially for his release clause.

Selling Torreira and bringing in Gueye on loan would be excellent then we could invest the Torreira fee into a CB.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
All our rivals are making moves (and yes I include Everton and Wolves in that), lets see what we're gonna do.

As it stands we are a mid table club considering what the likes of United and Chelsea will be doing in the window.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

All our rivals are making moves (and yes I include Everton and Wolves in that), lets see what we're gonna do.

As it stands we are a mid table club considering what the likes of United and Chelsea will be doing in the window.

We haven't done anything.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...o-year-loan-deal-Lyon-star-Houssem-Aouar.html

Juventus and Bayern are the kings of the transfer window imo.

Aouar is amazing but a 2 year loan deal with an obligation to buy

:lol: :lol:

Nahh man that'd be so disappointing. Aouar's the best young technical CM around for me, would love him here. I'm probably deluded here but I really think if we had 50m available we could win his signature. Obviously we don't have 50m available, but yknow.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nahh man that'd be so disappointing. Aouar's the best young technical CM around for me, would love him here. I'm probably deluded here but I really think if we had 50m available we could win his signature. Obviously we don't have 50m available, but yknow.
Feel like we were unlucky with the timing, maybe we would have pushed the boat out for him next season when Özil leaves, but its too late by then by the looks of it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Feel like we were unlucky with the timing, maybe we would have pushed the boat out for him next season when Özil leaves, but its too late by then by the looks of it.

Maybe, but I don't think he's an Özil replacement really. I'd play him deeper as a no. 8. This guy Kokcu we were linked to is also like that, just not quite at the same level as Aouar.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Is he really that good? I feel like he’s getting a bit overrated at this point but I haven’t watched him this season admittedly. Ndombele looked like the better player back when they were playing together and look how he’s struggling in the PL.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Is he really that good? I feel like he’s getting a bit overrated at this point but I haven’t watched him this season admittedly. Ndombele looked like the better player back when they were playing together and look how he’s struggling in the PL.

I dunno, all I know is I watched comps and the dude reminds me of Iniesta.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

£100m?

What an overrated player.

Surely even Ed Woodward won't pay that amount for a 29 year old CB?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Repubblica saying Everton and other clubs want Belotti for 45M.

Can’t be true because AM said no money will be spent.
I'd wait till the window closes before making any conclusions.

There's definitely going to be reduction in activities in the market but doesn't mean deals wouldn't be done. But the volume of deals and also the fees will reduce drastically.

Arsenal aren't the only team that haven't done any deals. City, man utd, Madrid and a host of other big clubs haven't done any deals yet and yet here you are always banging on about our lack of activity in the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom