• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 448,585
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
If we’re looking at players leaving City then it should be Silva, Mahrez, Sterling - in that order. Saying that, I Hope we don’t bother with Sterling, in all honesty.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd still be surprised if it happens this summer but I can't begrudge him the move. It would certainly make the ESR pursuit make more sense (Oh but that's all PR and "trolling" isn't it?)

Talksport and Sky already climbing down over these reports by the way. They're now saying it's "hopeful" a deal will be done.

We'll see. £100m is about right if he does go.
You probably didn't understand what I meant by "trolling". It is that they got fooled by agents, thinking they have a chance, when it's obvious to anyone knowledgeable that they don't. Makes no sense at all.

By trolling as one possibility in this sillyness (can be many reasons like I said, not "that's all" like you interpret what I have said), I meant they are trying to get Arsenal to pay more wages to him. Makes sense imo if the new owners have ambition to be a big club.

But that can also backfire when other teams start doing that to you, or Arsenal. Making bids without consulting the club if they want to sell and for what price.

It would take very silly money for Arsenal to sell ESR. The fans would not forgive it. Villa won't pay that kind of money for a player with half a season in EPL.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
maybe it all clicks really well but that new City lineup does not feel as strong as previous sides

they ****ed up not landing the CL when peaking just like us 😭

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Look like it happening. Think villa will try keep him but Grealish might not have another chance to move to club that win trophies he'll need to be careful or he'll be new Zaha
He's at the age where Zaha and Kane signed those contracts that kept them for longer than they would have liked, he should learn from them.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It's just going to be extremely difficult for teams to match city power don't think Chelsea or manutd can even come close man city have ability to go 150m for player without problems unlike utd who been dealing with Sancho for 2 years and look to get best deal possible. And we all worried about us spending 45m on white ffs the difference is huge.
City are operating in a different league when it comes to money. Can blow any club out of the water if they had to, especially now with the pandemic

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Maybe being the captain of his boyhood club is more important than being just another player at City.
Being their record signing and first 100m+ player isn't just another player. Why would he waste his career at Villa if he's world class? All that sentimental sh*t goes out the window when looking at money and trophies.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
You probably didn't understand what I meant by "trolling". It is that they got fooled by agents, thinking they have a chance, when it's obvious to anyone knowledgeable that they don't. Makes no sense at all.

By trolling as one possibility in this sillyness (can be many reasons like I said, not "that's all" like you interpret what I have said), I meant they are trying to get Arsenal to pay more wages to him. Makes sense imo if the new owners have ambition to be a big club.

But that can also backfire when other teams start doing that to you, or Arsenal. Making bids without consulting the club if they want to sell and for what price.

It would take very silly money for Arsenal to sell ESR. The fans would not forgive it. Villa won't pay that kind of money for a player with half a season in EPL.
That's conveniently moving the goalposts from what you originally said :)

Anyway, I'll put money on ESR and Grealish both being at their current clubs when the window SLAMS SHUT!

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Being their record signing and first 100m+ player isn't just another player. Why would he waste his career at Villa if he's world class? All that sentimental sh*t goes out the window when looking at money and trophies.
Because we also have ridiculously rich owners, and we can convince him we'll be battling with the Man Citys of this world during his career.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Look at Laporte, they signed him for big money but a year or two later he's an afterthought. Same thing with Bernardo Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom