• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 449,085
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'd love B.Silva here but he'll cost just about what Maddison will cost us and not to mention his wages is big. not sure how Man city will sell him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Don't really see where he could go? None of the Spanish and Italian clubs have the money for him and only us and maybe Tottenham would want him from within the league.
yes that's why i can see a surprise candidate for us if the maddison deal didn't come through, but it been said he want to play in La liga maybe they'll loan him out.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Another signing for us which was a no brainer. All our eggs are in the Maddison basket now.
If the chooses go to Al-Hilal at 25, I really don't think he should be considered a no-brainer signing for us. Talent doesn't compensate for weak mentality. We have a squad full of mercenaries. We need players with ambition to develop themselves as footballers

OSBK

Established Member
This is just disgusting. They have by far the best squad in world football. Even their B team is good enough to challenge for the PL while spending record breaking sums and you still have the media ***-licking them.

I hope they never win the CL.

Tbf if chelsea add lukaku then they have a very strong 22. Utd are 2-3 signings off a insane squad.

It doesnt bother me, city and chelsea are doing what we should be doing and getting 2 good players in every position.

OSBK

Established Member
i'd love B.Silva here but he'll cost just about what Maddison will cost us and not to mention his wages is big. not sure how Man city will sell him

B silva walks into the vast majority of first 11s in europe. If we got him i would be arteta in for another at least another month.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
B silva walks into the vast majority of first 11s in europe. If we got him i would be arteta in for another at least another month.
he is but 90% of teams in europe currently cannot afford him Man City will ask for 50-60M at least give him 6-8M a year.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I know there is zero chance of it ever happening but I think Messi should stay at Barca and play for free or a token wage. I know it goes both ways and he has bought them a lot of trophies but they have made him a net worth of between $400-600m depending on which source you believe. They have made him one the richest sportsmen of all time and by doing so have almost bankrupted the club doing it.

He is already a legend but imagine the status he would have if he finished his career there for free and saving the club from near financial disaster. Barcelona aren't just losing Messi they are losing their figure head and I would imagine a massive chunk of merchandising and sponsorship revenue.

He can do an extraordinary, unprecedented thing or take a couple of £100m of PSG or City's dirty, immoral money. One makes him a little bit richer when he is already obscenely rich, the other cements him as probably the biggest legend in football history.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No doubt we will go for Silva makes too much sense. But highly probable he wants CL football and will go to Atletico. The only chance we have funnily enough would be Arteta persuasion.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's reaching a point where there are more expensive players than there are clubs able to buy them. The valuations aren't going down, the salaries aren't going down. Something's gotta give.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I know there is zero chance of it ever happening but I think Messi should stay at Barca and play for free or a token wage. I know it goes both ways and he has bought them a lot of trophies but they have made him a net worth of between $400-600m depending on which source you believe. They have made him one the richest sportsmen of all time and by doing so have almost bankrupted the club doing it.

He is already a legend but imagine the status he would have if he finished his career there for free and saving the club from near financial disaster. Barcelona aren't just losing Messi they are losing their figure head and I would imagine a massive chunk of merchandising and sponsorship revenue.

He can do an extraordinary, unprecedented thing or take a couple of £100m of PSG or City's dirty, immoral money. One makes him a little bit richer when he is already obscenely rich, the other cements him as probably the biggest legend in football history.
Agree in principle but football is a pretty brutal business. Few bad games and he either ends up on the bench not getting paid or the fans turn against you anyway. It's not likely that either happens with Messi because he's a complete legend but he would be gambling on that a bit.

Honestly I think what you've said makes perfect sense. Ask them for a token salary (squad average or whatever) - donate it to a local charity and then just enjoy your football for a few years and become a massive hero.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Pep says they were able to afford 110M for Graelish because they sold players worth 60M.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Norwich is financing my club 😭 After Rashica it looks like they will sign Sargent too. So they signed two of our most interesting players. In combination with Farke it's a team i have to watch next season too and Palace looks interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom