• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 527,879
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to reports in Holland manutd indeed matched our bid for Martinez and ten hag pushing for the move.

Watts say the player no in rush. And Ajax trying to get bidding war going.

Ajax insisting they want 50M€

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Utd want him cb we likely using him LB. Either way i find this deal a waste of time we should move on not only he ridiculously expensive but he likely chooses utd

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Utd want him cb we likely using him LB. Either way i find this deal a waste of time we should move on not only he ridiculously expensive but he likely chooses utd

Precisely! United can have him. I'd be wary of paying that sort of serious money on a player recruited from the Eredivisie.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Precisely! United can have him. I'd be wary of paying that sort of serious money on a player recruited from the Eredivisie.
I don't mind him he look a good player can be used in 3 positions but it's obvious where he gonna end up we tried our best with this offered 15M above his actual value. The moment city buy LB go get Zinchenko

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I don't mind him he look a good player can be used in 3 positions but it's obvious where he gonna end up we tried our best with this offered 15M above his actual value. The moment city buy LB go get Zinchenko

Better value & has loads of PL experience.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Does Zinchenko want to compete with Tierney as an LB at Arsenal? When he was battling for game-time at City in LB position?

I assume he doesn't, but likely wants to be a starting midfielder somewhere like he is for Ukraine. There were some rumours about it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Does Zinchenko want to compete with Tierney as an LB at Arsenal? When he was battling for game-time at City in LB position?

I assume he doesn't, but likely wants to be a starting midfielder somewhere like he is for Ukraine. There were some rumours about it.
He'll take Tierney place in no time also will have good chance start in midfield. But until man city buy LB this is not possible

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He'll take Tierney place in no time also will have good chance start in midfield. But until man city buy LB this is not possible
If we buy LB and CMF, like Zinchenko and Tielemans, he doesn't have a good chance to play in midfield. Unless we sell Xhaka, and even then he is second choice.

So yeah, he might take Tierney's starting place, but that is LB position, and we don't know if he wants to play there for the rest of his career. Maybe he might agree to the inverted LB role though, but that is not higher up the pitch if he wants that.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we buy LB and CMF, like Zinchenko and Tielemans, he doesn't have a good chance to play in midfield. Unless we sell Xhaka, and even then he is second choice.

So yeah, he might take Tierney's starting place, but that is LB position, and we don't know if he wants to play there for the rest of his career. Maybe he might agree to the inverted LB role though, but that is not higher up the pitch if he wants that.
If we buy Tielemans we won't buy Zinchenko we'll likely settle with backup LB but seem Arteta insisting of having someone similar to Tomi as LB.

OSBK

Established Member
Zinchenko is a terrible defender. His positional play is awful, he cannot play offside. There is a reason a guy who has a insane amount of trophies and is nowhere near peak is worth the same amount as matt target.

We without a doubt need a LB to cover but we need someone we can chuck on at 70mins and defend for his life. These guys are not the answet.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
PL teams won't buy pepe after watching him here it's not suited specially the wages he on

I disagree. Pepe doesn't work in possession football. In a counter attacking team where he's 1 of the 2 main outlets he'd get loads of goals and assists. He got 10 goals in 1600 minutes just a season ago. Imagine if you're giving him 3000 minutes and pinging him balls on the counter.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I disagree. Pepe doesn't work in possession football. In a counter attacking team where he's 1 of the 2 main outlets he'd get loads of goals and assists. He got 10 goals in 1600 minutes just a season ago. Imagine if you're giving him 3000 minutes and pinging him balls on the counter.
That's true but he expensive player for PL teams to take risk on. He'll work for counter attack based teams like you said

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tierney is too injury-prone so we need a starting LB. The last injury was final straw. Some 20-year old project is not what we need.
Hickey best decision now to play for lower PL team to continue his development so yeah if it complete he made right move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom