• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 527,362
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

Mandzukic, keane, dybala and khederia are all not prolific goalscorers. Ronaldo was bangin in 40 goals a season, its probably more than that 4 combined. Sure we can look at benzema and how his number have improved, ronaldo scored 311 goals in 292 apps for madrid. That spell in madrid he didnt make the rest of the team turn to garbage, he elevated them. One of the best real teams in the history of the club.

Every club he has gone to he has improved the club and the players.
I used benezma as an example of attacking players being suppressed. Is it purely coincidence that juve & Utd players goal output went in half or worse after he joined?

Prime Ronaldo was a completely different animal at Madrid, his game had changed by the time he went to juve and even more so at Utd, where he contributes little to the team other than scoring.

Madrid Ronaldo and 37 year old utd Ronaldo are not even in the same conversation in terms of all round game.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Have to say Rashford falling off a cliff, spectacular mismanagement behind the scenes, their desperation to make Sancho the opposite wing to his actual position, Pogba basically being unfit all year and Greenwood being out as a violent sex offender (allegedly) probably had more impact than Ronaldo arriving in terms of Utd's attacking falling off, much as he doesn't contribute that much to overall play - much as I dislike his ego and questionable off the pitch events.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

According to this he is Barcelona's highest earner with 354k pounds per week.

So the 500k per week sounds about right for him to join United. :lol:

After all, shouldn't he earn more than De Gea?

"Personal terms never discussed yet." Sounds fun! :popcorn:

sdotzdot

Established Member
United signing a huge name for a huge fee with even huger wages?

Wait, the player doesn’t want to come (nothing to do with United btw - they’re obviously elite and everyone wants to join)? It’s okay, chuck 500k p/w at him and pretend he arrived for footballing reasons.

United fans suddenly think they’re the **** again, whilst completely burying their head in the sand about the fact they had to beg a player to join them via huge wages?

I see it’s a standard United summer once again. I for one am very excited for the ETH reign!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ronaldo leaving will give others an opportunity to step up and take responsibility, you saw it with us the season after Henry left. Keeping an old Ronaldo for a top 4 challenge won’t end well

We had serious talent tho, Adebayor, Van Persie, Fabregas and Hleb. I agree their whole squad building strategy which led them to the point where they're relying on Ronaldo is bad, but at the same time they don't have much else going for them in attack and creativity.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
even Richarlison could have been a good viable target if Ronaldo asked for the move last week

guess Belotti & Dybala are deals to be done quick or if Everton still need money DCL? If Chelsea are in for Ronaldo maybe Werner?

none of these are United strikers though... he ****ed them here :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We had serious talent tho, Adebayor, Van Persie, Fabregas and Hleb.

Pretty much every position (bar GK) in our 07/08 starting 11, was better than United's current team.

Completely different scenarios, as you say.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Barca seems to be using the threat of moving Frenkie to United to make him reduce his salary.

Dutch Reports say Frenkie would rather go on welfare than move to Manchester.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom