• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hard to disagree with this. Feel we are missing a trick not looking at him. Couldn't ask for a better target type. Someone that was prolific highly sought after and for some reason unwanted.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Buzzing to see him at the Wanda now. Suarez and Felix are going to create so many chances for him.
Its a shame he won't be here getting on the end of Tierney's crosses. He is a goal scorer and I'm sure he will do well there.

And the rumoured fee of 25m seems a bargain in this day and age.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I like Brooks and Olise, but which youngsters do we kill to blood them in here? Your options are ESR, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli. Partey and Auba have to start in the front 6 and none of the players listed are cms. So there are 3 positions (maximum) up for grabs.

I suppose you could kill Pepe.

I'd favor Olise over Brooks.

Pépé's future at Arsenal is questionable with the emergence of Saka at RW, and Nelson has done nothing to be safe from being sold. Doesn't need to be sold anyway, really, you need quality back-ups also.

All of them are very young, so you need to rotate them anyway. Going forward I think Martinelli is a CF, so you could plan for the future with Olise-ESR-Saka and Martinelli as the CF.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hard to disagree with this. Feel we are missing a trick not looking at him. Couldn't ask for a better target type. Someone that was prolific highly sought after and for some reason unwanted.
Then I'd rather have Depay (although he'll most likely go to Barcelona). I also read in an article on Edouard, where they compared him to Dembele (who I believe had a better scoring record than Edouard), that a Celtic player regarded Edouard higher because of his all round game.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Olise doesn't look all that to me tbh. Has got some silky moves but that's about it really. We've already got Saka and Pepe who seem quite a lot better than him with a much higher ceiling. I can't really see where he even fits in tbh.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Same for Brooks. He is a decent talent and has possibilities of improving but he is hardly Bale.

People here acting as if Aston Villa are signing Pele and Maradona when both of them are likely to struggle to get into their first 11 for this season and next.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Then I'd rather have Depay (although he'll most likely go to Barcelona). I also read in an article on Edouard, where they compared him to Dembele (who I believe had a better scoring record than Edouard), that a Celtic player regarded Edouard higher because of his all round game.
Two different players. Dembele is more a traditional Drogba like forward and Edouard is more akin to an Aguero type.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Brooks is incredible talent (probably the most talented potential wise welsh outfield player I've seen in my life time). Also very underrated, normally it's the opposite with welsh (eg Ramsey, Bale and Giggs).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Brooks is incredible talent (probably the most talented potential wise welsh outfield player I've seen in my life time). Also very underrated, normally it's the opposite with welsh (eg Ramsey, Bale and Giggs).

That's high praise. Bale is a physical beast, but if you saw Giggs anywhere near his prime, there's no way that Brooks is in the same category.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
That's high praise. Bale is a physical beast, but if you saw Giggs anywhere near his prime, there's no way that Brooks is in the same category.

I did see Giggs in prime. A very good PL winger, however he wasn't of the quality some people made him out to be. Giggs was no Pires.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I did see Giggs in prime. A very good PL winger, however he wasn't of the quality some people made him out to be. Giggs was no Pires.

Giggs longevity made him a legend. For quite a long period he was the 4th best midfielder in United's 4 man midfield!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Couldn't disagree more. Giggs was absolutely mesmerising in his prime. Such a silky, yet dynamic dribbler. Every bit as good as Luis Figo who played for both Barca and Madrid. Brooks isn't top 3 winger in the world potential is he?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Couldn't disagree more. Giggs was absolutely mesmerising in his prime. Such a silky, yet dynamic dribbler. Every bit as good as Luis Figo who played for both Barca and Madrid. Brooks isn't top 3 winger in the world potential is he?
Not at all lol. He'd be rotated a lot for a season at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom