• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nottingham Forest

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Poor old Wednesday :(

It just goes to show it can happen to anybody. Big transfers are great but only aslong as you can afford it. Leeds thats right im talking about you.

Soler

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
As for QPR - they are just a (old) 3rd division side who had a look at the top league and have returned to their rightful place.

An 11 year look where they finished 5th three times. :p

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
kanuuu said:
How can you say that forrest were never a big club? theyve won the european cup!

I'm sorry but a 3/4 year period of success (however grand) in a 100-odd year history does not make a big club - merely a lucky one.

Jens - I know this sounds a bit mad, ahem, but I'm sure qpr finished second one year. Still nothing more than a jumped up third division club.

Pat's missing Gerbil

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Norwich??? Big club??? Sheff Wed WERE a big club, and are probably the only example of a 'big' club mentioned here.

yeah there are some really scummy clubs trying to get into the premiership this year. Most of them will auto-relegate

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Glad you found that. Wasn't sure if I was going senile!

I can also remember Ipswich being second a couple of times, and both Watford and Southampton making it to second in the early 80's.

Soler

Established Member
1979/1980 Ipswich were third, and in 1980/1981 & 1981-1982 they were second. They won the thing in their first season in the First Division, 1961/1962! 1982/1983 Watford were second, and this was their first ever First Division season. 1983/1984 Southampton finished second which is their best ever finish to date.

Allyboy

Established Member
Twenty five years after Forest won a back to back European Cup they have been relegated to the third tier of English football.

Poor Forest :(

Mark

Established Member
A sad, sad day. Made sadder by the fact that a much smaller club than them will probably win the Premiership tonight.

Henry IV

It is a sad day. I have a great affection for Forest's European Cup triumphs. In Forest's demise I think there's a lesson there for all of us. :cry:

the dawn raids

Established Member
yeah football is a fickle business. you just never know whats around the corner; really highlights how spoiled weve been the past decade or so.

Ally

And to think, in 1995 they finished 3rd and we finished 12th. I don't disagree that football is a fickle business dawn, but in this case it is a clear example of poor management, misplaced priorities and financial tomfoolery.

Sad state of affairs.

the dawn raids

Established Member
agreed ally. why, if youre in a relegation fight, you sell two of your best players is beyond me. if you need to cash in thats fine, but surely you can try and arrange to keep them until the end of the season.

Soler

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
agreed ally. why, if youre in a relegation fight, you sell two of your best players is beyond me. if you need to cash in thats fine, but surely you can try and arrange to keep them until the end of the season.

Keep in mind Dawson barely played for them.

DaViEsW

Made up for Chelsea winning the league imo. I have a mate who used to harp on about how great Forest were, now he's quiet. Excellent stuff.

leongsh

Impermanence.

No team has a privileged right to continue playing at the top. Every team has to continually earn it each and every season. Nottingham Forest FC could not do it. Good luck to them in their efforts to rebuild.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
incredibly sad, this. hopefully they make it back to the top flight. just shows what is so sad and unique about the organization of our fine sport.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom