• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He is not good enough and will get all the blame. But here is my question. When was the last time he played for first team or reserves? Hasn’t been on the pitch for several months and gets a start and expect to do well. This is the problem with Arteta not using his squad. If he wa ms so bad for months you didn’t trust him to get a minute then why start him today?
Because except for youngsters he's our only leftback now.

Good question though why Flores didn't come on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Because except for youngsters he's our only leftback now.

Good question though why Flores didn't come on.
Flores is there to fill the bench like Hutchinson. I don’t get Arteta. The cynic in me says he use kids on the bench to bring down the age average and would never give them a minute

Xhaka has played lb. It’s so clear he don’t rate him one but and the player knows this. His confidence was already rock bottom. My point is how can a player go months before playing a match? Why not reserve matches?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely awful defensively. He need to pick himself up we can't play important midfield as LB

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can tell Arteta definitely wants to banish him to Berlin, but the market is closed and he's our only LB.

Interesting to see what happens here :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Feel bad for him because he needs minutes, but being Tierney’s understudy isn’t the best place to get them and it only leads to performances like this.

Players like Tavares you loan out if you’re a big club, or you start if you’re a lesser club with no aspirations. Not what you get for cover (unless they are utility).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hope people had a good climax touching themselves to his early games here.
His early games did to Tierney exactly what Martinez did to Leno tbh.

It wouldn’t shock me to see “competition” come in during the summer.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's guilty of being a backup left back at Arsenal really. Everyone would agree we needed one in the summer but obviously we've had a lot less games to really need one in the same way as last season.

I don't like seeing new players being scapegoated so soon into their career either. A lot can change in so little time. There's been periods of this season where Tavares has played really well, ditto Tierney. There's also been periods of this season where Tavares has played really poorly, ditto Tierney. I don't see why it should come down to a head to head between them. I'm sure neither of them see it as a personal thing. Surely as fans we'd want them both to do well?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I believe he'll start next game the coaching stuff need to really get him going defensively he not looking to required level all season always leaving space and not checking runs behind him.

Today was his first game since Nottingham like was more than 3 months ago. I'm dissapointed by him but won't go hard at him

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

On one hand:

Sink or swim kid, this isn’t the academy and you’re playing like trash

On the other hand: No player can be expected to be sharp after getting so little minutes, especially a young developing one.

Not going to lie though, two consecutive early subs isn’t good for anyones psyche. Mikel needs to decide on who’s going to be his LB and stick to it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
On one hand:

Sink or swim kid, this isn’t the academy and you’re playing like trash

On the other hand: No player can be expected to be sharp after getting so little minutes, especially a young developing one.

Not going to lie though, two consecutive early subs isn’t good for anyones psyche. Mikel needs to decide on who’s going to be his LB and stick to it.
Yes mentally it's not great he'll question himself all week now but he didn't help himself he only need to be better defensively in PL is over for him if he not any decent winger will finish him.

As i said the fans need to take it easy for him he young and not played in 3 months but now he need to show why we don't need to panic after Tierney injury

Symbia

Seems like our deeds of the past will always have its way of returning and hunting us.
Some of those deeds may adjust a bit but the result is always the same. The adjustment her e is the opposite feet and the position.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you... The left footed and fullback Eboue!
At least Eboue can dance and speak Korea!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Thought what happened the last time he started and was taken off would have motivated him to do better but it was the same thing.

Riou

Think Mikel has killed his confidence now, tbh.

Would like to see him get another chance v Brighton, but worry his head has gone...maybe time to get Saka at LB again, bring Pepe back to RW?

Riou

People forget Eboue was fantastic for a period here.

He successfully took Lauren's spot...albeit a slightly declined version of Lauren, but still impressive nonetheless.

Think Sagna and Manu's personality, makes people remember him as a bit of a clown...but was a very good player for us, for a few seasons.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think Mikel has killed his confidence now, tbh.

Would like to see him get another chance v Brighton, but worry his head has gone...maybe time to get Saka at LB again, bring Pepe back to RW?
He was pulled off before and had 3 months to make some kind of improvement. If Mikel had kept him on and we conceded another from that side we wud have crucified him.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom