• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuri Şahin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjag

phonics said:
Erm, I'm confuzzled. Whenever I've seen/heard of him he's a DM with good passing and technical ability...

Basically he's Gilberto but can pass a ball.

whatch the vids man, doesn't look like a dm to me
yeah we better get him before things get to hot
would really like to get him

kashif_wattoo

Atlético sign Rosicky: "Spanish press reports are today claiming Atlético Madrid have finalised a deal to bring Czech International Tomas Rosicky to the club.

Atlético representative Miguel Angel Gil Marin was in Germany this week agreeing a transfer fee – around 10 million euros – with Borussia Dortmund. Rosicky is expected to formally sign a four year contract with the ‘colchoneros.'

The diminutive midfielder is the latest star to leave the debt-ridden German giants, who since winning the Bundesliga in 2002 have come close to insolvency
."

Its well known about the poor financial condition of Borussia Dortmund. Arsène previously bid 2mil pounds for Nuri Sahin in the summer of 2005, but it was rejected. I believe that if Arsenal try and test the resolve of Dortmund Directors with a bid say 7mil pounds in this summer, then they will be willing to talk business. The masterstrokes of Wenger, which saw Fabregas, Senderos, Eboue, and now Walcott heading towards World Cup have surely done enough for the repute of this club, so mostly "prospects" will be willing to come to Arsenal, why not Nuri Sahin?

Wenger should definetly bid for this kid as he is super-quality, ofcourse he is the boss and all, but it would certainly make all of us happy :lol:

As far as funds are concerned, Arsenal have already made nearly 20mil pounds by reaching the final of UCL, and according to Arsenal Directors, there are even more funds available for Arsène. So i think that a bid of 7-8mil pounds is quite possible and a very tempting for a cash-strippen club.

After Wenger earlier bid failed in summer of 2005, several other clubs including Chelsea, watching Wenger's interest ofcourse tried to bid for Nuri, but also failed. But i dont think that would be the case now. So Arsenal should move in before anyone else does.

Your opinions on this...

Cheers...

choi12911

Blackjag said:
phonics said:
Erm, I'm confuzzled. Whenever I've seen/heard of him he's a DM with good passing and technical ability...

Basically he's Gilberto but can pass a ball.

whatch the vids man, doesn't look like a dm to me
yeah we better get him before things get to hot
would really like to get him

Yeah he looks nothing like DM. What exactly is his position? Judging from some videos, it looks like his position is ACM which is also Cesc's position. And he even looks a little bit like Cesc to me :) .

Looks very technical and his vision looks good.....But still confused about his position. If he plays the same position as Cesc, then I don't see any reason why we should sign him....

He looks awesome in that compilation and going by what Sammer has said id love for us to get him. He looks good enough to play anywhere in the middle and Wenger has knack for playing people in different positions. Maybe he could replace freddie or bobby, in any case the kid looks quality.

Nicanelka39

Nuri Şahin (born September 5, 1988 in Lüdenscheid, Germany) is a Turkish football (soccer) player at the position of midfielder. He currently plays for Borussia Dortmund. On August 6, 2005, at the age of 16 years and 335 days, Sahin set a record by becoming the youngest player to have played in the Bundesliga. He also became the youngest player to score in the Bundesliga on November 26, scoring against 1. FC Nürnberg.

He is also the youngest player ever to have played and scored for the Turkey national football team, ironically scoring against Germany.
[
[/url]

Chicago

I don't understand the Cesc comparisons (also this guy is 2 years younger than Cesc, and when you're only 19/17 that's a big difference), their play styles are much different, Nuri is definitely more of a dribbler, and his skills are obvious, he's also got more speed than Cesc, Cesc is great at what he does, but I don't think I'd ever see him dribble like that.

Having said that, what I really like about the guy is those quick and/or one touch passes he was making. I think he would fit in rather well with our style of play. I think he'd have to go to the wings (unless we played a 4-5-1 with him and cesc in the center) but from what I saw, he does well on the wings and is good at going past people. Obviously the U17's are different than the premiership but I think that the potential is definitely there.

A

Anonymous

i will actually go mad if wenger manages to capture sahin in the summer. i would be so happy

nazo

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
If someone offered a substantial amount of money for Sahin, then Dortmund would seriously have to consider selling him.

If Rosicky was sold for 10mil, i think we can get him for a reasonable price too.

Amadeor

@Talentscout, how high do you rate the boy? What are his main strenghts, and in which position do you see his future? How and where would he fit in at Arseanl?

A

Anonymous

how high do you rate the boy?

Well i rate him one of the biggest prospects in europe, and i personally dont think being at Dortmund is the best place he can be but he's doing ok there.

What are his main strenghts

his main strengths is his ability to run at people with great dribbling, he has a fair bit of pace. but what amaze's me is his techniqual ability in tight area's its just thrilling and nice to watch.He has really good vision and is allways one step ahead and allways knows what he's going to do.He has a great passing range but he isn't the most lethal in front of goal and isn't to good in the air but he will challenge for every ball, great spirit.He is actually quite a good tackler aswell but i wouldnt go so far as saying its one of his main strength

which position do you see his future?

you mean what position he plays?

he plays central midfield and likes to come deep and pick the ball up and play make from there, like spreading the ball around getting all his team mates in play,But he also he can pick it up rather central and just burst forward with his pace and dribbling ability and just take players on for fun and sliding in defence spliting through balls.He won't shoot much from out side the box but he will get in the box.You could almost call him a box to box player but with a difference with that flair he has.

How and where would he fit in at Arseanl?

to be honest i couldn't see him in a 442 with cesc, if sahin and cesc did play it would be a weak midfield in terms of strength and we would get out battled. But in terms of ability and able to create and get forward it would be a dream. both play well above their age , so intelligent.
If wenger thinks 451 is the way forward then Addin sahin would be a clever addition

ramon12

Amadeor said:
Thai Gunner.... I once knew a Thai Gunner.

Anyhow, what you said about Sahin is not really correct. The guy has skills that are not ordinary. He dribbles with the flair of Ronaldinho, and imo, he's as big a talent as Messi.

Anderson Oliveiras skills are not Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom