• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Official: Thierry Henry has gone to Barca

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bad enough seeing him in a Barca shirt, but wearing the same shirt as Cole... dear lord.

Gurgen

Established Member
Surely he wouldn't?

If he does that I'll lose all respect for him. But it would be very out of character because he knowns we would hate him for it.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I personally don't care where he wants to go TBH, even to Sp**s.

Players are just like any other employees, if they can find a greener field, they would probably jump across.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Poor Henry is getting slaughtered by the Spanish medias.
That said, he should stop moaning and should stop looking for excuses. He's only making it worse.

oh and Henry at Chelsea? :lol: No way!

Lancelot

Established Member
bojed said:
Players are just like any other employees, if they can find a greener field, they would probably jump across.
Sadly but true, Bojed.

I think everything about him changes the moment he made up his mind and decided to go to Barcelona. That is where personal desire successfully overtook his integrity. It's more or less a point of no return as it happened despite his close relationships with Arsenal and its fans.

After that, I'm sure that things become more and more about himself and less about others, especially when you take into account the family matter and the way he was treated by Barcelona fans. There is nothing a man who made a wrong choice in life and who feels sorry for himself can't do, I feel. It's like once you break some sort of a moral code that you hold dearly for so long, it becomes much easier to do so again or something similar but of a higher degree.

RC8

Established Member
It's sad that none of our players are born Arsenal supporters except for Hoyte, etc.

It's easier to support the team when you've got people with similar origins to those of the average supporter playing, and specially when they are supporters of the club themselves. I used to think Cole was like that... such a shame he was a complete **** instead.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Doubt he would go there but wouldn't put it past him either. Hes turned into a bit of a weirdo nowdays that Henry.

tam1886

Established Member
I don't think he would end up back in England. Similar situation as Beckham, although he was adamant he would never play for another English team, whereas I don't think Henry has said as much in such strong terms. I just can't see him being any happier at any other Premier League club than he was here. I'd automatically rule Man Utd, Chelsea and Sp**s out. So that leaves Liverpool, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Man City by my reckoning. Is he really going to want to be a part of any of those teams? He got very moany and huffy with our players a lot of the time, and going to those teams is not exactly a step up in class for him to work with. Aside from the Liverpool supporters, which he has been complimentary about, I don't see any reason for him to go there.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnis ... 80,00.html

"Thierry Henry received a seven-figure signing-on fee in his final season at Arsenal that financial analysis of the club's accounts estimates to have been as high as £5m."

10M for Henry's last season service in Arsenal? If Dein Jr get 5% of Henry's new contract (if included the sign-on fee), that would be 500k. Phewww.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom