• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Official: Thierry Henry has gone to Barca

adam79

never say never!

He obviously still has a lot to offer any top team in europe, the talk of him going to the MLS, with all due respect, is frankly, disrespectful to Henry. If there was a chance for him to come back and the terms we good for all parties, ie he doesn't hammer us for a signing of fee of 5mil or whatever it was last season, then I wouldn't mind him coming back. plus it wouldn't be that hard for him to settle in :wink:

awooga83

Established Member
Never a good thing really to go backwards in life in general he was great but if he came back and didn't live up to previous levels he would taint his memory and he might cause us problems. We have moved on and thats the way it should stay.

famous no 10

Established Member
So, I went to the stadium tour at the club today...now, my mate Charlie George said there is no way Henry would be coming back to the club as a player, but he said that one day he would be back in some capacity.

However, imo he is the one and only player Wenger would have back, except for his pay demands would throw the rest of the squad to pieces...if he wanted to play for us for 30k a week it would be different, but that's not going to happen.

go49oner

Established Member
There will be brilliant interview with him on tomorrows Football focus at 12 noon.
Don't miss it he is teaser of what he said

"There's only one team in England for me," he told BBC's Football Focus. "Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan. There has been since I arrived here [Barcelona] a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Somebody, smell a come back from Thierry?
I really do! and i really wont mind a come back

Bring Thierry home!

stuart

Established Member
Brilliant interview. Didn't really say anything we haven't already heard ( i dont think) but is affection for this club is evident. It seems to me that if an offer were made he'd be more than happy to come back to Arsenal. That offer wont be made, imo.

thegame24

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
So, I went to the stadium tour at the club today...now, my mate Charlie George said there is no way Henry would be coming back to the club as a player, but he said that one day he would be back in some capacity.

However, imo he is the one and only player Wenger would have back, except for his pay demands would throw the rest of the squad to pieces...if he wanted to play for us for 30k a week it would be different, but that's not going to happen.

you know charlie george?

tam1886

Established Member
He looked very emotional in that Football Focus interview. Whenever he spoke about the club he look as if he really really missed being here and being a part of it. He also said he'd be back some day, even it was just as the kit man! Wacth out Vic Akers.

adam79

Just watched the interview, really enjoyable, the guy is so passionate when he talks about football and arsenal, brilliant stuff.

He was nearly crying at the end when he spoke about Highbury and the felling he got playing there, made me really miss the old stadium.

You got the impression he wouldn't take much convincing to come back and perhaps he's realised this season how much more important the club is to him than he thought before he left.

Merci pour les memoires Henry.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He, is so professional, if you look at this intervieuw, he is so fair, and honestly,

legendary player

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom