• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozgooner

theguvnor said:
Im afraid thats a load of crap.

Anyway us Aussie's on 11 gold is far more than you will get.
You only got 5 more than us. thats the amount of one athlete (phelps). Dont think you are dominating us as much as expected. Plus YES half your cyclists are drug cheats. I seen an interview with a young lad who was "kicked out the squad" after he spilt the beans naming 6 senior cyclists as being suppliers of different drugs. Its all a cover up, as was warnes "my mum gave them to me" and warne and waughs "it was for the weather" situations. England may be crap, but at least we are honest :lol:

i'll say it once again....VITAMINS are not on the banned drug lists :evil:
if anything else was taken u would think the international drug sports agency(i think thats what its called) would have expelled them over it, as they have access to all drug tests..
plus your 100m runner wasnt taking vitamins

Aussie

Established Member
GUV they have all passed drug tests. Anyway another gold last night for us. We are going very well in the baseball as well. QUite surprising.

Lost to Iraq in the football but really it means much more to them than to us so good luck to them.

KoLo28

the olympics isn't set up to see whos the best sporting nation in the world, the medal tally's etc are all produced by the media - it's got nothing to do with it. its mainly about respect for universal ethics including tolerance, generosity, unity, friendship, non-discrimination and respect for others. this is highlighted by large cheers for the iraq team at the opening ceremony and the emotional ads detailing there remarkable achievements in the face of adversity. all i want is to see is australia to do there best and other countries who are not as well of as us enjoy the moment.

Arnie

Aussie said:
Arnie said:
Oh sorry i forgot, according to the all powerful insane glory grabber, who is more anti english than aussie, we didn't invent footie!!

Ohh come on.

Deep down you know i love you poms. You do have arsenal after all :wink:

I meant sepp blatter!!

A

Anonymous

Neither were your cyclists :lol:
We keep coming so close yet so far. Our marathon runner dropped out due to severe exaustion in a 40 degree day. She was gold favourite. Our cyclists keep getting pipped by drug cheats, our shooters by a couple of points, and our runners/athletes keep coming 2nd and 3rd. We are still doing respectfully well, especially considering our favourites have not performed well.

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Neither were your cyclists :lol:
We keep coming so close yet so far. Our marathon runner dropped out due to severe exaustion in a 40 degree day. She was gold favourite. Our cyclists keep getting pipped by drug cheats, our shooters by a couple of points, and our runners/athletes keep coming 2nd and 3rd. We are still doing respectfully well, especially considering our favourites have not performed well.

One of our rowers dropped out midway through the race. The rest of the team aint happy.

Aussie

Established Member
Looks like Aus and England might be racing off for another gold in the cycling.

beanz

Yeah, looking forward to the team pursuit later today, Oz are the hot favourites, but can the plucky Brits overcome the odds to upset the form book?
Stay tuned! :p

A

Anonymous

One of our rowers dropped out midway through the race. The rest of the team aint happy.
Just watched a segment on that. Thought it kind of funny, well, i laughed my arse off, but after seeing it i did feel sorry for the lass. Good team spirit you aussies have, she collapses due to exhaustion and the other 7 gang up on her, abuse her, threaten to throw her off the boat, then when shes being interviewed start shouting abuse at her in the background. ****ing disgraceful. Thats what happens when your country believes winning a poxy gold medal is worth more than anything. Those other 7 rowers should be ashamed of themselves. The oz swimming team also has a bad reputation for this sort of behaviour.
AUSSIE, wats the view on the girl collapsing over your side? Do you think the others were out of line?
Aussies not being sportsman, you must be joking :wink: :roll:

Aussie

Established Member
I do feel sorry for all involved. 4 years building up to one moment and to look to be heading for a medal only for one member of your team to conk out and **** it up. I can understand team mates being pissed with her but it was a bit harsh on the poor girl. You can only go so far like that Englsih women in the marathon. She probably shouldnt have raced as she was feeling unwell before the race.

KoLo28

absolute disgrace if you ask me - the way the other 7 acted was way out of line, its not as if she deliberatly sagotaged the race, pathetic. if theres more to the story then being told then there might be a cause but if its just because she cost them gold then its shocking.

KoLo28

Well the non drug taking aussies beat GB - its sounds like aus and gb are miles ahead of anyone else in pursuit racing and by the sounds of things this australian team is the best theres ever been. well done to gb and well done to the aussie lads on outclassing them.

beanz

Yes, the plucky, courageous but ultimately doomed Brits were mercilessly pounded by the Oz cycling robotic machines, well (cough, choke) done :mrgreen:

beanz

I watched the womens 800M final a while ago, seriously entertaining last 100M, not least for the GB win.
Go Kelly :mrgreen:

brianfrance

Established Member
Actually we're 5th, even if our stars wasn't shining (balaa,aaron....) :mrgreen:
Aussie are 4th, and I don't think we can beat them...too much advance...
GB ??? You said GB ??? Are they in Athens ???? :mrgreen: :lol:

ozgooner

theguvnor said:
Just watched a segment on that. Thought it kind of funny, well, i laughed my arse off, but after seeing it i did feel sorry for the lass. Good team spirit you aussies have, she collapses due to exhaustion and the other 7 gang up on her, abuse her, threaten to throw her off the boat, then when shes being interviewed start shouting abuse at her in the background. f****g disgraceful. Thats what happens when your country believes winning a poxy gold medal is worth more than anything. Those other 7 rowers should be ashamed of themselves. The oz swimming team also has a bad reputation for this sort of behaviour.
AUSSIE, wats the view on the girl collapsing over your side? Do you think the others were out of line?
Aussies not being sportsman, you must be joking :wink: :roll:

thats it guv we take pride in bashing our own kind......kind of just like what the british do each year...praise henman in the lead-up to wimbledon the when he looses u sink the boot in......your soccer team b4 euro or the wc and then tear shreads of them when they get eliminated....look in your own backyard before u look in ours

OZGunner

Guvnor: (phonetic spelling for ya; that means spelt as it sounds with a dreadful pommy accent) "Leev it owt! yoar goen rite pott-ey"
Your country espouses how tops you are eg not Ordinary Britain, or even plain Britain, NOOO! it has to be GREAT Britain!

You tell us how you are going to win all these world competitions, then absolutely hook into your teams when they don't.

Look at the sports we are medalling in, diving, swimming, shooting, rowing, maybe even basketball (womens), hockey, kayaking cycling, there is a real spread of sports, = variety!

yep we have the second biggest (Olympic) team, but that is cos we are in a lot of team sports.

For me the magic has pretty much gone, I used to love watching the Olympics, but all the drug contraversies have taken much of the gloss off it. I have not got up to watch one event!

NO OFFENCE TO MOST POMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom