• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Women beach volleyball has finished. :cry:

Yes :cry: :cry: :cry:

Also we were robbed in Boxing. Just seen highlights of the match and we were cheated. The crowd was booing and the commentators were saying it was some of the worst refing they had ever seen.

A

Anonymous

What has history got to do with being great now? Are Liverpool or Tottenham the greatest English teams at the moment?
I refered to our name GREAT being because of our great history because someone ignorantly mocked our name = GREAT BRITAIN. I was simpy explaining the name GREAT comes from when we first named our joint countries back when we did own the world.

Umm is that the marathon runner that GAVE UP!? (im not being a smart arsenal but it is a physical breakdown from dare I say another one who was a shoe in to win?) this break down is not much different from our one, a physical exhaustion one!

you have a top 10 football team, hard to be rated up there when you play pissy teams in competitions, and when we do play good teams they are in friendlys and we usually win them (12/2/03)
Although when we do play quality opposition in vital matches we dont go that well, probably cos they are 2 leg matches that happen every 4 years.

rower, cyclist, boxer, darts player, snooker player they are in my humble opinion the quintessential pointless sports (you can add rugby union too to that list too), however I know that it is a global sport, that is popular. I think we have the world champ in darts, a bloke from Townsville won it I'm sure.

Best football league that produces a winner of a top competition every 3-4 years or 1/8 or so attempts! (Arsenal plays in it though, so that adds to your claim.)

Rowing not much less pointless than kayaking which you ridiculed earlier! Darts and snooker, (pool/billiards as well) are all toilet sports, ie they are sh*te! like the winter olympics and tennis! Basketball is the truly global game, more people play it in more countries, less live spectators as the stadia it is played in are smaller capacity, however tv audiences would be substantial, not as high as soccer, cos not such high valued world championships and the fact that has been a one horse race for years, but this is changing!

History Shmistory! history will show that you sent your crims to the best place in the world while your aristocracy stayed in the cold, wet & polluted homeland IDIOTS!

Now this bit will be hard, correcting such ignorant dribble is going to take some time, but please bare with me.
First of all i would like to convey the differences between the australian people. AUSSIE, in my opinion is a very intelligent poster, i agree with most he says and he seems to ignore the boring cliches when slagging off the poms. Also when doing so he keeps it in form with the general banter that i will reply to him. Its simple fun, and i think aussie actually deep down has a certain respect for the english and is sensible in not believeing the general aussie hype about england "always raining".
The difference however, is what i found predominant whilst residing in oz. The general aussie population is made up of thick, scruffy, ignorant people who have never actually ever been to england or bothered to learn anything about our country. But instead still continue to slag it off at EVERY able occasion. Regular cliches such as it always rains, we drink warm beer, it is a hole, full of immigrants, dirty and polluted were always used. I think certain aussie posters on this forum display this type of ignorance and unlike the more intelligent AUSSIE seem content on believing this made up dribble about england.

So let me begin in tearing this post apart :| ...

Umm is that the marathon runner that GAVE UP!?
Why yes it was, however, if you look past your ignorance that you aussies seem to be born with you would notice she was running in 40 degree heat at high humidity in, and i quote "the most damaging course in the history of the olympics". Now, as you aussies are so quick to point out my country is always raining and is freezing cold, so how can a british marthon runner survive in searing heat? So obviously you aussies can excuse her for dropping out seeing that she comes from a little town covered in pollution that hasnt seen the sun since 1908, is constantly flooed by 12 inches of water and snows on a dayley basis. I thought she performed admirably, had the marathon been run in proper conditions i am sure she would of won.

Although when we do play quality opposition in vital matches we dont go that well, probably cos they are 2 leg matches that happen every 4 years
No excuses, your team are poor, they loose to teams like iran.

rower, cyclist, boxer, darts player, snooker player they are in my humble opinion the quintessential pointless sports (you can add rugby union too to that list too), however I know that it is a global sport, that is popular. I think we have the world champ in darts, a bloke from Townsville won it I'm sure.
You may feel they are pointless sports, but in a previous post by an aussie they listed just as 'pointless' sports as i mentioned. I would rank boxing ahead of most sports bar cricket, football and rugby. As for rugby union being pointless!!! And then you say basketball is worthwhile?!!? Lets just leave that as a matter of opinion. However i do sense that general aussie ignorance/one eyed, where you quote my 'pointless' sports. but fail to mention most of the sports listed that aus have won are also the same sort of sports.

Best football league that produces a winner of a top competition every 3-4 years or 1/8 or so attempts! (Arsenal plays in it though, so that adds to your claim.)
So you dont believe english football is the best, then what is? The spanish! They havent exactly had winners of the CL every year.

History Shmistory! history will show that you sent your crims to the best place in the world while your aristocracy stayed in the cold, wet & polluted homeland IDIOTS!
Well thank you for backing up my theory that australians do have this ignorant view on england, i think that sums up everything i have said.
kindest regards

(ps. no hard feelings, this is still all tongue in cheek and general banter.)

Aussie

Established Member
Yes most of it is just tounge and cheek. As i stated before i do have a great respect for England. Its just i love taking the piss out of your miserable little island :wink:

A

Anonymous

Yes most of it is just tounge and cheek. As i stated before i do have a great respect for England. Its just i love taking the piss out of your miserable little island
As i do your boring isolated desert :wink:

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Yes most of it is just tounge and cheek. As i stated before i do have a great respect for England. Its just i love taking the piss out of your miserable little island
As i do your boring isolated desert :wink:

Isolated?

Yes

A Desert?

Well most of it.

Boring?

Well in Perth it is.

A

Anonymous

Isolated?

Yes

A Desert?

Well most of it.

Boring?

Well in Perth it is.
Makes me right then dont it :p
How do i access the general talk forum aussie??

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Isolated?

Yes

A Desert?

Well most of it.

Boring?

Well in Perth it is.
Makes me right then dont it :p
How do i access the general talk forum aussie??

Just scroll down the page and have a look at all the forums. It should have been added. If you cant find it ask a mod.

VCC

theguvnor said:
What has history got to do with being great now? Are Liverpool or Tottenham the greatest English teams at the moment?
I refered to our name GREAT being because of our great history because someone ignorantly mocked our name = GREAT BRITAIN. I was simpy explaining the name GREAT comes from when we first named our joint countries back when we did own the world.

Actually the name Great Britain comes from the name of the island which England, Scotland, and Wales lie on. It was called that to differentiate it from Brittany (which was known as Little Britain). The Romans called the island Brittania when they ruled there, and centuries later, some people moved to mainland Europe. In the 12th century Geoffrey of Monmouth started referring to this area as Brittania minor and the island as Brittania major. This evolved into Brittany and Great Britain.

Adam

Established Member
They also call it Britannia because it was a chief place for obtaining tin. Cornwall is an area rich in tin.

VCC

lewdikris said:
I thought you were a Maths major?!

Hehe yeah, but I took two British history classes.

Adam - I've heard various reasons for why the Romans labelled it Brittania, including naming it after certain Celtic tribes.

KoLo28

I dont know if im an "arrogant aussie prick" - i hope im not.

i love england and i'd love to live there, who gives a **** about the weather its overrated. id love to live there for the football, people, history, different culture and to see 10million identical houses :wink:

lewdikris

Established Member
10 million identical houses.

You should come to the East End mate, then you could see 10 million identical ****ty concrete tower blocks.

OZGunner

Umm well theguvnor much of yours is personal opinion, too, professional athletes do acclimatise, many of our athletes go OS to training camps, so there is no readily availible excuse for Paula Radcliffe, as there is no excuse for our Socceroos.

Yep I think La Liga is probably a better league than the EPL, as is Serie A BUT that is just personal opinion!

You made the crack about pointless sports, I just highlighted that we were good at them :lol: As for another Ausie liking boxing so what does not make one iota of difference when it comes to sports I RATE! rugby union is poor, I like the Wallabies to win, but as I am from Victoria (yes named after a previous Queen there's history from an ignorant Aussie!) I don't give a flying Fire trUCK about that dumb sport.

I do have a respect for England, so much so that I am planning to go over there and teach about 2006 or 2007 which coincidentally is after the time Ashburton Grove is open, and I may just get a seat. So cut that disrespectulf tag it is utter bullsh*t!

I am trying to keep this "banter" tongue in cheek, but I have to say that you are a somewhat verbose, pretentious tool if you honestly think the majority of Australians are ignorant, and the majority of English people are not! :p There are good and bad in all countries.

My main problem is with people like you who carry on like you are (the English) are the center of the world for civilised thought, and anyone else are savages, such thoughts were common in the 19th Century! :lol:

You didn't rebutt much of my claims about basketball, either I said some intentionally inflammatory stuff regarding its place in the world, but you chose only to bite at the comparison with rugby union!

A

Anonymous

Ozgunner, got your message, its all good. This is just banter i dont seriously mean all of this stuff, aussies abuse our weather i abuse your ignorance, its just the things that we take the piss out of each other. I didnt take any of your comments offensively as i hope you didnt mind. I just enjoy this banter its a good laugh. But at the end of the day it isnt meant for a sort of abuse or for upsetting anyone. I realise not all aussies are ignorant, although that is a strong stereotype as englands stereotype is it always rains. Im not ignorant enough to believe these old cliches, but its just a laugh using them.
Alls well that ends well.
regards

Aussie

Established Member
2 more gold medals for Aus last night. That makes it our best ever performance at the Olympic games. Also into the final for Hockey.

VCC

OZGunner said:
Umm well theguvnor much of yours is personal opinion, too, professional athletes do acclimatise, many of our athletes go OS to training camps, so there is no readily availible excuse for Paula Radcliffe, as there is no excuse for our Socceroos.

I think Paula Radcliffe trained in New Mexico? Not a bad place, plenty of hills/mountains and heat, but it isn't that humid, so she might have wanted to try somewhere else.

A

Anonymous

GB have had their best performance at an olympics since 1908. Sydney was our best olympics since the 1960's so we are improving as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom