• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oooooooospina (Oooooooout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Emm, transfermarkt.de saying, that he has a contract until 2019.
So a loan wouldn't be possible and we surely will not extend his contract.

Is this info true or he has a longer contract?

He had a solid/good World Cup and we don't need him anymore, PL don't suits him to be fair.

There surely should be some offers for 5€m-10€m for him. If Boca can't pay this, we can give them Ospina + money for Pavon.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Emm, transfermarkt.de saying, that he has a contract until 2019.
So a loan wouldn't be possible and we surely will not extend his contract.

Is this info true or he has a longer contract?

He had a solid/good World Cup and we don't need him anymore, PL don't suits him to be fair.

There surely should be some offers for 5€m-10€m for him. If Boca can't pay this, we can give them Ospina + money for Pavon.

Why would a loan not be possible? There's no rule against loaning a player in the final year of their contract.

Like all Argentine teams, Boca doesn't have a lot of money. By loaning them Ospina, it would save them money and create good relations between the clubs. That could make negotiations for Pavon easier, and/or possibly make future dealings with the club easier.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why would a loan not be possible? There's no rule against loaning a player in the final year of their contract.

In Germany there is a rule from DFL, that a loan isn't possible without a contract after that.

But for example Badstuber was loan to Schalke and then he had no contract at Bayern anymore - so i'm not 100% sure too.

But why we should make a loan? We're not a charity club. We can get a good fee instead of a loan fee only.[/QUOTE]

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Doubt we have any use for him next season & what club going to pay the wages?

Boca wont be paying all his wages either.

arsmile

Established Member
he's had a decent world cup

i'd have thought they'd be a few decent Europe clubs willing to pay a fee

i'd much rather keep him than cech

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
In Germany there is a rule from DFL, that a loan isn't possible without a contract after that.

But for example Badstuber was loan to Schalke and then he had no contract at Bayern anymore - so i'm not 100% sure too.

But why we should make a loan? We're not a charity club. We can get a good fee instead of a loan fee only.

Arsenal took Kim Kallstrom on loan in the final year of his contract at Spartak. It happens sometimes.

Just what sort of fee are you expecting to get for Ospina? They might get £2 million, possibly £3 million at most. People aren't clamoring to pay big money for backup goalkeepers. You have to look at what could possibly be the bigger picture here. If it nets Arsenal Pavon, why quibble over a small transfer fee? If they're loaning Ospina to Boca Juniors, it's for a reason -- even if the reason is only to reward Ospina for his service by allowing him to go where he wants to go. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I don't think it's worth sweating.

say yes

forum master baiter
Good riddance.

Don’t want any Colombian players in the squad after their disgraceful performance in the World Cup.

Should be ashamed of themselves. They let all the fans down.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Find it hard to believe they’d pay £6m. That’s almost their transfer record :lol:

Last edited:

Stannis

If it means getting Pavon in Jan, I’d give ospina for free. However I reckon turkey or La Liga are more realistic moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom