• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Southampton - W
Leicester - D
United - D
Villa - W
City - L
Leeds - W
Sp**s - D
Wolves - W
Burnley - W

That’s fair right? I think that’s pretty generous really. I’m gonna go off if we do worse than that.
Pretty sure this would be close to title winning form this season, given some of the sides we would be projected to drop points to (but still get points from apart from city)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Typically we lose against rivals. So drawing is an improvement. League wins are based on beating others and not losing against rivals. That's the bar and you've presented it so well.
Nothing better than a bingobob co-sign to start my morning off right:D

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm more interested to see how we'll do in next 3 totally different from Brighton Crystal palace Westbrom and Newcastle these teams will be aggressive and try to win its good for us open game suit us more so I'm interested to how with ESR Partey involved we'll do. 7 from 9 would be nice even 5 from 9 would be acceptable don't forget we still in rebuild mode and not challenging so it won't be sure win

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm just a natural pessimist :lol: and unfortunately that pessimism has been vindicated the last couple of seasons.
I agree tbh, what I set was the 'fair' bar. I don't think we'll actually do it but I hope we do.:banned:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

As in I just did the maths and that’s 2.25 points per game, would 100% be title winning form. Would exceed the best PPG in the league by a lot, and exceed our best ever PPG in a season.
Nah it's 18 points from nine games? 2 points per game no?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Good to see we are at the what if we get X points out of Y games stage again.

It never ends well though.
Literally never.

I remember doing it under Wenger and we'd somehow find a way to disappoint no matter how realistic our estimates were.:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Typically we lose against rivals. So drawing is an improvement. League wins are based on beating others and not losing against rivals. That's the bar and you've presented it so well.
I actually agree with this. I think people place way too much importance on the matches against top 6.

I reckon if you draw all the matches and beat everyone else you’re still within a shot of winning the title let alone top 4.

Back when I was onboard the Arteta project I thought people were way too harsh about our City and Liverpool losses earlier this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta shouldn't really be judged to the same standards as Arsène for a few reasons.

1. Arteta isn't as good a manager as Arsène.
2. We don't have the same level of players as we once did.
3. Arteta's age (bar him being REALLY bad, for a rather long period) he was appointed to try and build a project, so he should get time to see how that goes.

Even the expectations for Arsène changed when our squad dropped a level post stadium move...if Big Wengz had the 1997-2005 teams, but never won a league title with them and only finished 4th all the time, then he would have been justifiably sacked a lot sooner...but post 2006 our team was only really good enough to finish in the Champions League places, so those finishes were acceptable.

Standards change, it's life...hopefully one day we can expect better though.

Enjoying the last few matches, big games coming up for our league season...though at this point, Europa/FA cup are more my priority, tbh.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I actually agree with this. I think people place way too much importance on the matches against top 6.

I reckon if you draw all the matches and beat everyone else you’re still within a shot of winning the title let alone top 4.

Back when I was onboard the Arteta project I thought people were way too harsh about our City and Liverpool losses earlier this season.
Top 6 matches is good for fans especially when you land into work it can make or break a day. But over a season if you don't lose and beat the rest that should be the difference over the course of a season;which ultimately is the most important thing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Literally never.

I remember doing it under Wenger and we'd somehow find a way to disappoint no matter how realistic our estimates were.:lol:
Remember this when we lose our next 3 games. Should ban the people that bring this up each time we are in some decent form.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta shouldn't really be judged to the same standards as Arsène for a few reasons.
I was fine with this until the players started getting buried on Arteta’s behalf. Senior players, project players - the only guys who have been safe have been some of the Hale End lot.

The pundits and journos hitting Arteta with kid gloves annoys me to no end as well. I till this day can’t fully understand why Emery didn’t get this kind of support from the board or media.

We are slowly seeing now some of the good work Emery did and we are also seeing he was absolutely right about certain things (recruitment).

I hate this regime it’s just full of crap and it will cost the club millions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was fine with this until the players started getting buried on Arteta’s behalf. Senior players, project players - the only guys who have been safe have been some of the Hale End lot.

The pundits and journos hitting Arteta with kid gloves annoys me to no end as well. I till this day can’t fully understand why Emery didn’t get this kind of support from the board or media.

We are slowly seeing now some of the good work Emery did and we are also seeing he was absolutely right about certain things (recruitment).

How pro the media are to Arteta is weird, tbf, rightly annoying people.

It is what it is, just ignore the press...looking back, Emery was really hung out to dry by Raul.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It is what it is, just ignore the press...looking back, Emery was really hung out to dry by Raul.
A guy who had won a couple cups got given a squad/players he didn’t want and got told to deal with it.

Arteta who’s clearly not up to it needs his team. I don’t get it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nah it's 18 points from nine games? 2 points per game no?
Yeh apologies you’re right. I counted 8 lol. But it would still be 3rd place form ahead of Leicester and Liverpool but just behind City and United.

It would be what is needed if we wanna finish top4, but would be hard.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

They're literally letting Arteta play how Emery did while giving Mik the players he wants, they're even giving him players Emery wanted ffs.:lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I think people disregarded all of the cases Emery had when he was here. He didn't do himself favours towards the end here but we certainly failed him as a team and a boardroom. We didn't even give him the opportunity to succeed. I think people need to go read the interview he gave after being sacked. He clearly felt like he had to do that because he was upset about how everything turned out here.

The squad was extremely hard to manage after being the first manager post wenger. They probably didnt stick it out for as long as they should have under him when results weren't going our way. People will constantly ignore it but Özil disrupted him a lot. I think the fact is he came in and asked Özil to give more to the side and Özil didnt really wanna respond. Özil ended up sending shots at him via twitter and I'm sure that had an affect on the squad harmony. But of course some people say that everything Emery did was wrong just because he eventually got sacked. I guess its easier to look at it that way and deny the underlying signs. These issues have only been echoed by Arteta and the likes of Leno who have essentially said some people don't like pulling their weight. I think the cloud we have above ourselves with the Özil situation (our fault as well as his) is causing harmony issues in the squad. I hope that slowly corrects itself with the departure of Özil, Kolasinac, Mustafi.

On top of that, Emery just didn't get what he wanted in the transfer window. He was probably happy to have Sven by his side because even if he didn't 100% listen to Emery's demands, he at least made footballing decisions with his signings. He gets forced out the club by Raul who also blocks Emery's ex-DoF Monchi. Now Raul is calling the shots like some sort of corrupted cocaine driven mafia boss. Ignores Emery's calls for Zaha, Banega, Partey, Nkunku who all would have improved us either in the short term or long term. He signs Kia players and shoves them at Emery to work with. Pepe wasn't a Kia player but considering Raul essentially got sacked over that signing there was defo some dodgy **** at play. Pepe looking back was a 45-50m player maximum not 72m. You cant be a £72m in Ligue 1 by just stat padding against farmers, the player needs to have at least done it in the CL or at least ripped up the EL. Pepe wasn't tested in those waters.

So our inability to change the culture in the dressing room and our poor cohesion between the boardroom and manager is what made Emery fail here, as well as his own shortcomings like not really improving at English after the first few months, playing people like Torreira at 10 and stuff like that (of course there were more issues but this was more about our side of the blame).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeh apologies you’re right. I counted 8 lol. But it would still be 3rd place form ahead of Leicester and Liverpool but just behind City and United.

It would be what is needed if we wanna finish top4, but would be hard.
Let's turn one of the Villa/Wolves wins into a draw though. I'll just about stretch to that, anything else and we're accepting mediocrity.

That makes it 16 points out of a possible 30!

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom