• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Diomande

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Back in June 2023; Arsenal reportedly make move for 'unique' 19-year-old powerhouse

Diomande as RCB competition makes the most sense.

'Interestingly, reports in January suggested Arsenal could’ve signed Diomande for a fraction of his current price.

According to journalist Bruno Andrade, the Gunners were eyeing the defender when he was on Midtjylland’s books.

At the time, Diomande was on loan at Portuguese second-tier club Mafra.

The Danish club were reportedly standing firm on their €10million (£7million) valuation.

Arsenal apparently considered signing Diomande and then loaning him out to Sporting.

However, according to Andrade’s tweet on 21 January, that possibility was “no longer” the case.

“The English and Portuguese are now working on different fronts for the young centre-back loaned to Mafra,” he wrote.

Andrade then replied to a follower who asked what these different fronts were. “Both are trying to buy the player,” he said.

At the end of the January transfer window, his loan at Mafra was cut short as Sporting signed him permanently.'

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH :)

This is our Saliba competition/rotation right here. We get this done, and we are moving towards completeness at the back for years to come.

One of three signings I want to see next summer. Diomande, Tchouameni and Leao.

Hope Diomande is true.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH :)

This is our Saliba competition/rotation right here. We get this done, and we are moving towards completeness at the back for years to come.

One of three signings I want to see next summer. Diomande, Tchouameni and Leao.

Hope Diomande is true.
For next season? This shows they knew they are short in defence this season, but are willing to wait as there is no real pressure on us

SA Gunner

For next season? This shows they knew they are short in defence this season, but are willing to wait as there is no real pressure on us

No real pressure? What do you mean?

Its not always a negative Nancy situation bro. You also want to include top quality players, and are in a positoin to bide your time for that to become available.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No real pressure? What do you mean?

Its not always a negative Nancy situation bro. You also want to include top quality players, and are in a positoin to bide your time for that to become available.
You said Saliba competition for next season. Who is that this season

SA Gunner

You said Saliba competition for next season. Who is that this season

There is no competition for Saliba in the squad currently.

There are options for when Saliba is out though. White, Tomiyasu, as well as Rice can play as our deepest pivot in a back 3.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is no competition for Saliba in the squad currently.

There are options for when Saliba is out though. White, Tomiyasu, as well as Rice can play as our deepest pivot in a back 3.
So we good then. Don’t need him for next for next season. But if the article is true, it says we bid for him this season which makes no sense

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This guy has looked quality whenever I've seen him. Proper modern CB, comfortable on the ball, very athletic etc. Was signed by a Danish club on a developmental deal but impressed so much on loan that he was snapped up by Sporting just 6 months into his deal for a decent fee.

Reckon this could be one of the absolute top CB talents around tbh.

Obviously not the only factor but I found this interesting. Look at Sporting's form before and after they signed him last season:

Before:
PYjQofK.png

After:
lNSMAD8.png

SA Gunner

So we good then. Don’t need him for next for next season. But if the article is true, it says we bid for him this season which makes no sense

We tried to get him in January as well, before going for Kiwior I believe.

Its not about depth or rotation options when it comes to Diomande. Its about a potential top center back that gives us high quality options along our backline.

If you want to see Diomande play, go and look at the games we played against Sporting in the EL last season, particularly the second leg where he played the entire game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We tried to get him in January as well, before going for Kiwior I believe.

Its not about depth or rotation options when it comes to Diomande. Its about a potential top center back that gives us high quality options along our backline.

If you want to see Diomande play, go and look at the games we played against Sporting in the EL last season, particularly the second leg where he played the entire game.
That’s why I said there is no real pressure on us. We can take our time to get the right player. Even if we go in short this season.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Let's be honest, Kiwior is not good enough to compete with Gabriel as he is timid/physically frail and easily bullied.

White is not elite enough to displace Saliba whereas Diomande provides excellent competition as a RCB or CCB in a back 3. We've seen White vulnerabilities when playing as a CB for us and as a RB how he regularly strips vs elite LW (Mitoma, Grealish and Rashford, God knows what it will be like when he faces Kvara, Rodrygo, Mbappe, Leao, Coman, Vinicius, etc..)

The only LCB that can provide elite competition or be an upgrade is Bastoni but unfortunately he just renewed his contract with Inter. Other than Gvardiol, I'm not familiar with another U23 Left footed CB who is as aggresive as Gabriel and better than him in buildup/passing ability, also Gabriel is always available, as they say 'best ability is availability'.

Tomiyasu is a subpar RB, decent LB when not involved in buildup and best as a CB but is he better than Gabriel as a LCB in a back 4, we've not seen that.

We don't know in what state Timber will return after his ACL, what a shame, looked like a gem as both inverted RB/Inverted LB. 😭 Would have preferred Timber in big European games and big domestic ties against difficult away fixtures.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom