• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Diomande

I talked to guy on twitter that this signing is already wrapped up and we wanted him before the window closed but because of ffp we need to wait until January.

Welcome Diomande!

What song would we have for him? Shine bright like a Diomande!

CannonBals

I have a feeling we would have moved for him if an insane offer came in for Gabriel. That offer never came.
Saliba can play LCB i think he played there in the French league there with Fofana.
In any case I like the signing and we surely need a CB as we only have 2 good pure CB in Gabriel/Saliba.
White is not good enough at CB. He has huge holes in his game at CB, at RB he is ok with Saliba covering for his mistakes.
Kiwior - Jury still out but I am not very optimistic. Still we could sell him and won't take much of a hit.
Timber - I don't buy the CB thing, but he might turn into a good inverted FB.
Tomi - He is the closest to competing them but still few levels below those and he has injury issues aswell.

We have 7 players for the back 4 but one among them is Zinchenko he is a defender just in name. In practice he is a DLP.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I have a feeling we would have moved for him if an insane offer came in for Gabriel. That offer never came.
Saliba can play LCB i think he played there in the French league there with Fofana.
In any case I like the signing and we surely need a CB as we only have 2 good pure CB in Gabriel/Saliba.
White is not good enough at CB. He has huge holes in his game at CB, at RB he is ok with Saliba covering for his mistakes.
Kiwior - Jury still out but I am not very optimistic. Still we could sell him and won't take much of a hit.
Timber - I don't buy the CB thing, but he might turn into a good inverted FB.
Tomi - He is the closest to competing them but still few levels below those and he has injury issues aswell.

We have 7 players for the back 4 but one among them is Zinchenko he is a defender just in name. In practice he is a DLP.

Imagine selling Gabriel and replace him
with a 19 year old with 40 pro games who plays in back 3. Thank god it didn’t work

CannonBals

Imagine selling Gabriel and replace him
with a 19 year old with 40 pro games who plays in back 3. Thank god it didn’t work
19yo Saliba was better i think and we know how that turned out with Arteta.

In any case I think we should sign him in any case. Looks solid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think we need to stop thinking about the defence as a back 4, but as a back 3 with guys that invert.

We’ve currently got quite a few options at wide CB/Fullback (White, Timber*, Tomi, Kiwior, Gabriel), but only really Saliba and Gabriel that could play the central CB role. This lad by the looks of things is a guy that has would play centrally in the back 3.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Think we need to stop thinking about the defence as a back 4, but as a back 3 with guys that invert.

We’ve currently got quite a few options at wide CB/Fullback (White, Timber*, Tomi, Kiwior, Gabriel), but only really Saliba and Gabriel that could play the central CB role. This lad by the looks of things is a guy that has would play centrally in the back 3.

Gabriel is best as a wide CB in a back 3 (LCB), not in possession, think of him vs Salah at Anfield. He is not good as a CCB (look at him vs United in Pre-season for Sancho's goal).

We only have Saliba who can play as CCB. We need Diomande who can also play CCB in a back 3.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel is best as a wide CB in a back 3 (LCB), not in possession, think of him vs Salah at Anfield. He is not good as a CCB (look at him vs United in Pre-season for Sancho's goal).

We only have Saliba who can play as CCB. We need Diomande who can also play CCB in a back 3.

Yeah I agree, but if Saliba goes down he’d be the next best in that role I’d feel. He’s definitely best as a LCB though.

Another CCB should definitely be on the agenda.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

A kid rotating a kid. Get some experience in. Look at city. CBs in their prime. We already have 2 very young cbs. Don’t need a 3rd one
Can't expect experienced players to come in and accept being bench fodder. Pep gets away with it because they want to work with him, he rotates a lot and City is in every competition deep. Arteta still has to prove this out.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom