• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Diomande

CannonBals

Can't expect experienced players to come in and accept being bench fodder. Pep gets away with it because they want to work with him, he rotates a lot and City is in every competition deep.

A kid rotating a kid. Get some experience in. Look at city. CBs in their prime. We already have 2 very young cbs. Don’t need a 3rd one

Any CB we bring has to be as good as Saliba/Gabriel or can be as good in a year and 2. Experience or not does not matter. Martinelli benches Trossard and Saka would bench any RW we get. Its the talent/quality that matters.
Any CB we get in 25yo+ range, if he is willing to be benched behind Saliba he is anyway not worth it. Currently I think no CB which we can realistically get can bench Saliba. Also getting player is not sure shot that they would work in new system team. Look at all the expensive signings ManUtd made.
When competing with city getting good players does not help. You need great or potentially great players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Any CB we bring has to be as good as Saliba/Gabriel or can be as good in a year and 2. Experience or not does not matter. Martinelli benches Trossard and Saka would bench any RW we get. Its the talent/quality that matters.
Any CB we get in 25yo+ range, if he is willing to be benched behind Saliba he is anyway not worth it. Currently I think no CB which we can realistically get can bench Saliba. Also getting player is not sure shot that they would work in new system team. Look at all the expensive signings ManUtd made.
When competing with city getting good players does not help. You need great or potentially great players.
Saliba is not untouchable either. All it takes is Arteta to bench him and half the forum will call him average anyway like they did with Gabriel

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Saliba is not untouchable either. All it takes is Arteta to bench him and half the forum will call him average anyway like they did with Gabriel

Literally 95% of the posts I saw on here were people questioning that decision, even some of the Arteta's biggest supporters on here disagreed with it.

Trying to understand why he was benched through back and forth discussion is not the same as saying he's average.

CannonBals

Literally 95% of the posts I saw on here were people questioning that decision, even some of the Arteta's biggest supporters on here disagreed with it.

Trying to understand why he was benched through back and forth discussion is not the same as saying he's average.

In any case it was an experiment. Was not related to Gabriel but more to accomodating Rice and Partey togather. Hopefully that **** is done.
And yes currently Saliba is untouchable.
Saka/Saliba/Ødegaard 3 untouchables we have in the team. By the end of this season I expect Martinelli to be very close to that group.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
In any case it was an experiment. Was not related to Gabriel but more to accomodating Rice and Partey togather. Hopefully that **** is done.
Saka/Saliba/Ødegaard 3 untouchables we have in the team. By the end of this season I expect Martinelli to be very close to that group.

That **** cannot be done. We need it.

We have lost Timber who originally was brought in for that TP5 RB role and Zinny LB role. So that lineup will return again once TP5 is back fit and later when Timber is back.

It’s all about being able to maintain a level control and effectiveness when Zinchenko isn’t available. And the with the Diomande links, it’s to maintain that with Saliba unavailable.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rice is already in that group with Saka, Saliba and Ødegaard.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

5% is what I focus on. That’s 5% too many

CannonBals

Rice is already in that group with Saka, Saliba and Ødegaard.

For me not even close. He is at max inline with Martinelli who could get there at the end of this season.
Also for me, Martinelli is closer just need to perform consistently for one more season at a similar level he is playing for past 12-14 months. Rice has a lot to improve in this new system. He has slotted well but even now when everyone is fit he does not start automatically over Partey. We have to change the whole system to accomodate him. But I think he will get there by the end of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
guy got 60M release clause? i read so many positive things about him and we really need a defender as early in july because we'll be without Tomi. but also Diamonde likley of with Ivory Coast in African cup 💀

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Since we have no reliable back up for Saliba. We have to really go for this guy now you'd imagine

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Cut It Out Reaction GIF

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Please please Arsenal, this is one of the signings I have been praying for.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom