• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant's Prospects

Split

Even if he is still below Freddie in the pecking order he is bound to get plenty of games with Ljungbergs injury proneness and Parlour gone,

Gooner83

Yes definately, he needs a bit of work gelling with the team but that can be sorted out.

Freddie 'touch wood' does get his fair share of injuries per season, due to the way he plays... so i can see the chances for Pennant to come in and shine.

He has the quality there.

Gooner83

van persie didn't look that great, at least not as good as Pennant with the ball at his feet.

Is van persie a target man, seems good with the head and long balls but hes quite paceless for his age.

Mark

Established Member
Pennant still has things to improve on, but I think he does have that potential and can improve. I would love to see him make it here, but at the moment he isn't quite there yet.

lewdikris

Established Member
He'll get games this season... and if he does he'll get a new contract, if not he'll be off on a free next year.

slapz

Someone should tell him that there is no point crossing the ball into the box if no-one is there and he needs work on his shooting too ;)

Otherwise, he did real well

thegame24

Established Member
I predicted he will be our new "star" this year.

I also said this last season along with Kolo toure, hopefuly im right about pennant this time.

After his game yesterday its looking good.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He will definately get game. The question should be whether he takes his chances or not. Judging by the way he's played recently he looks to be working hard and if he cntinues this it would be hard to keep him out of the team.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I was one of those who was really excited about Pennant being given a chance. I think he and Freddie will play a similar amount of games this season. I sincerely hope that this season Pennant shows everyone just how good he is.

ethanen

he will start the season on the bench but he will get plenty of chances cause ljungberg cant play 50+ games a year, especially as he gives 200% every game.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GoonerGurjit said:
I was one of those who was really excited about Pennant being given a chance. I think he and Freddie will play a similar amount of games this season. I sincerely hope that this season Pennant shows everyone just how good he is.
I was hoping for that ever since he joined.

KingReyes

Established Member
I see JP getting games, with Freddy getting his usual injury or two and making sure we have a fresh squad he is bound to get games. I can see him making an impact.

kronik

Will Freddie be available for the Everton game? Part of me hopes he isnt (I know thats bad :eek:ops:)

JGooner

Did anyone else notice that we were getting men in the box more often in the Community Shield match than we usually do? Reyes and RvP in particular were attacking the six yard line. If this is a deliberate attempt by Wenger to add this aspect to our game, then Pennant will certainly play games as he is obviously more of a conventional winger-crosser than Ljungberg, who is more like yer traditional inside right. I really hope this new ploy is maintained because we need it the CL, where we so often have no plan B.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
KingReyes said:
This is what Pennant thinks about his chances. You have to give him credit for his determination.

link
And to think, all this from a simple loan to Leeds. Masterstroke on Wenger's part.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JGooner said:
Did anyone else notice that we were getting men in the box more often in the Community Shield match than we usually do? Reyes and RvP in particular were attacking the six yard line. If this is a deliberate attempt by Wenger to add this aspect to our game, then Pennant will certainly play games as he is obviously more of a conventional winger-crosser than Ljungberg, who is more like yer traditional inside right. I really hope this new ploy is maintained because we need it the CL, where we so often have no plan B.

Yes, good point J. Pennant gets loads of crosses in and we need to get as many people in the box. Gilberto was also making a lot of runs in to the box.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom