• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant's Prospects

Mark

Established Member
JGooner said:
Did anyone else notice that we were getting men in the box more often in the Community Shield match than we usually do? Reyes and RvP in particular were attacking the six yard line. If this is a deliberate attempt by Wenger to add this aspect to our game, then Pennant will certainly play games as he is obviously more of a conventional winger-crosser than Ljungberg, who is more like yer traditional inside right. I really hope this new ploy is maintained because we need it the CL, where we so often have no plan B.

I see what you mean. I don't feel we did it enough in the first half. A lot of crosses went in to the box but no one was there to attack them, but in the second half RvP got into the box really well and had a good chance with a header, which is something we rarely see from us. It's good that Wenger has understood this weakness and is doing something about it.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
JGooner said:
Did anyone else notice that we were getting men in the box more often in the Community Shield match than we usually do? Reyes and RvP in particular were attacking the six yard line. If this is a deliberate attempt by Wenger to add this aspect to our game, then Pennant will certainly play games as he is obviously more of a conventional winger-crosser than Ljungberg, who is more like yer traditional inside right. I really hope this new ploy is maintained because we need it the CL, where we so often have no plan B.

I see what you mean. I don't feel we did it enough in the first half. A lot of crosses went in to the box but no one was there to attack them, but in the second half RvP got into the box really well and had a good chance with a header, which is something we rarely see from us. It's good that Wenger has understood this weakness and is doing something about it.
It's not really a weakess, just something we didn't need. He's teaching it now so it's a luxury. Something to use if were are forced into using it. Arsène may not have wanted to resort to long balls, but if it is the only way to win so be it.

Gunner Ossie

Sorry to bring it up, but in view of the intensity of all of my previous arguments about pennant and his future, I thought it pertenant to ask ;

Where are all those idiots (you know who you are, or i should I name you) who absolutely insisted that pennant had No future at arsenal and should be sold without being given the chance that I and some others constantly called for?

i dont want to have to start digging up quotes so come on where are you? I want to see you lot heeping as much praise on pennant as you did criticism.

Henry IV

He should get a good run of games. He looked very good yesterday, although it was only a pub team we were playing. :mrgreen:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol. Pub team. Surely they were better than that. Oops. sorry I'm mistaken, it was Man U after all.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mark said:
JGooner said:

Spot on mate. Exactly what I said to the missus at half time.
And to the peron saying Pennant shouldn't cross the ball when there's noone in the box, he's doing what a winger should do, it's the midfield not getting into the box that let us down.

calvinngai88

OneteaminLondon said:
Mark said:
JGooner said:

Spot on mate. Exactly what I said to the missus at half time.
And to the peron saying Pennant shouldn't cross the ball when there's noone in the box, he's doing what a winger should do, it's the midfield not getting into the box that let us down.

Well, at least Gilberto made a successful attacking run into the six-yard box to score a goal. Pity that RVP didn't score any. He was much more of a decoy when Gilberto and Reyes got their goals. He was just a second late than the two. :wink:

towelie

Gunner Ossie said:
Where are all those idiots (you know who you are, or i should I name you) who absolutely insisted that pennant had No future at arsenal and should be sold without being given the chance that I and some others constantly called for?

well said

jermaine pennant, future arsenal superstar!

Gunner Ossie

Isnt it funny how whenever previous threads on pennant's future have come up they were litterered with the words "Bad ATTUTUDE" "SELL HIM" etc. Now all of a sudden those Pennant and his Atitude bashers are conspicuous by their absence

KingReyes

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
Isnt it funny how whenever previous threads on pennant's future have come up they were litterered with the words "Bad ATTUTUDE" "SELL HIM" etc. Now all of a sudden those Pennant and his Atitude bashers are conspicuous by their absence

True, I am one that when at Leeds thought Pennant had what it takes to make it at Arsenal. IF he improved his attitude and it seems that he has. Very happy to see him do so and the way its looking he could have a long future at Arsenal.

KingReyes

Established Member
lee1001 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3554614.stm

I reckon Pennant is going to get a call-up to for this friendly. In fact im sure of it.

Sven has been seen at the CS game..and wasn't he also at the River Plate game??

Sven is always at our games, I guess he just loves the way we play football. That or he thinks our female fans are hot! :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:

I always said he had enough talent to do well here but his off the field problems might of prevented that. It seems his season at Leeds has really helped him out, he has worked a lot on his defensive game which surely will impress Wenger. Think he has a great chance now and like he said in his interviews just hopes he gets his head down and works his bollocks off.

You always like to see one of the lads who come through your system do well and I'm sure all gooners wanted him to do well but just thought he wasn't 100% focussed.

Aussie

Established Member
His off field problems were typical 21 year old actions. Your young and ****ing rich HAVE FUN get pissed then get pulled into line by coach. Problem solved.

Senght

He will take over Freddie soon enough, although Freddie is still more experienced and reliable than Pennant. Ill say we give him a backup role.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom