• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
State of Owen, the guy snaked Liverpool at first opportunity and ended up winning a title for United and pretends to be some Liverpool ambassador.

He even lives in a mansion in Salford, Manchester. :lol:

Obviously he had a better career than most players and made a fortune but he really isn`t remembered very fondly by any of his former clubs. As you say he snaked Liverpool when he left for Madrid, where he didn`t do much. Newcastle spent big money for him but he didn`t deliver and I doubt you United fans think too highly of him even though he got some goals for you, including that famous winner against City.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Philippe Coutinho won Liverpool three massive points against us in 2016 in that 4-3 game that we were leading. He scored a great free kick and bent one from outside the box, this along with Pepe will massively improve our away form and both can create from absolutely nothing to steal a game for us when we need. I would love this, especially if he’s on the left.

Gunner-Union

Philippe Coutinho won Liverpool three massive points against us in 2016 in that 4-3 game that we were leading. He scored a great free kick and bent one from outside the box, this along with Pepe will massively improve our away form and both can create from absolutely nothing to steal a game for us when we need. I would love this, especially if he’s on the left.

agree but got to add a cb too

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
So far I had resisted to post in this thread. Seemed too far fetched. Too much noises now that there might be something in this after all. Make it happen Raul.

Divided_Pie

Statistically, since 13/14 (his first year in the PL), Özil has 88 league goals/assist in 166 games (0.53/game) vs 75 in 158 games (0.47/game) for Coutinho.

The past two years they are tied with 20 goals/assists apiece (50 games for Özil at .40/game vs 66 games for Coutinho at 0.30/game).

Different styles but in terms of statistical output they are similar, with an edge to Özil during either time span.

Coutinho plays primarily on the left, with Özil primarily in the middle. Both create chances with Coutinho more of a dribbler/scorer and Özil more of a passer/facilitator. Coutinho is three years younger.

If this happens I don't think it would necessarily displace Özil - for the price (assuming Özil isn't sold, which most agree is highly unlikely) I don't see it as a huge upgrade.

Coutinho fits the profile of what Emery wants in his wide forwards - pace, dribbling, and scoring by cutting inside and shooting on their stronger foot, with width and crosses/cutbacks provided by overlapping fullbacks.

IMO this means that Auba, Laca, Pepe, Coutinho, Özil, and sometimes Ceballos would rotate through the front four based on competition, opponent, tactics, and fitness. Iwobi, Mkhi, and the younger players would be sold, loaned, or see their roles significantly reduced. As a unit the attack would be up there with the very best in the world.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He's going to be massively overpriced cause of his previous transfer which was immeasurably stupid

Maybe we can get him for a decent loan with option to buy. It fully depends how desperate Barca are to get rid to raise funds. For them he has flopped. It seems they have already given up on him. With the purchase of Griezmann for £100m and the rumoured links to Neymar, it really seems like his days are numbered at the Nou Camp.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Obviously he had a better career than most players and made a fortune but he really isn`t remembered very fondly by any of his former clubs. As you say he snaked Liverpool when he left for Madrid, where he didn`t do much. Newcastle spent big money for him but he didn`t deliver and I doubt you United fans think too highly of him even though he got some goals for you, including that famous winner against City.

Exactly. What's weird is he tries to justify it because he's got this role.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/an...ael-owen-becomes-lfc-international-ambassador

"I snaked this club but I always wanted them to take me back if I was too **** for Madrid."

LeadFarmer

Auba is our starting LW but his natural position is ST just like Laca. We do not have a true first team quality LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom