• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if they want 25m for how we can sgin him but mexes he was in the bench last season for that maybe they will accept our offer

KY

Established Member
Phillippe Mexes

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/15/arsenal-turn-to-4-5m-serie-a-bargain-buy-to-resolve-centre-back-crisis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/15 ... ck-crisis/</a>

Not the greatest link, I know. But this sorta makes sense since it's a cheap buy, he's not CL tied, he's got loads of experience, albeit none in the PL. Plus I hear he's pretty good!

Really wouldn't mind if this happened. It'll be an upgrade on Samba or Campbell or even Mertesacker.

fabregas

Re: Phillippe Mexes

Don't think we should get someone who gets sent off almost as often as Koscielny. Imagine both of them together.

Gotta say, there's a good chance of this happening though. French, cheap and experienced. Like Squid :lol:

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Hmmm...

Another gamble again?

Silvestre, Squid and then this guy...

Oh man....:?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mexes will be a very very good buy.
He was easily one of the best if not the best CB a few seasons ago and looked a player reborn with Raneiri last season so if we can buy him as a backup then I say go for it

I'm a Mexes fan so a bit biased :eek:ops:

Jbruin

Established Member

...Arsenal may appeal to the former Auxerre man not least because decidedly average performances from the likes of Laurent Koscielny and Johann Djourou, and to a lesser extent Sebastian Squillaci...

Really? So according to that article Squillaci has been our best CB? Pretty much already discredited this as complete arsefudge due to that seeing as they clearly know nothing about our club or our team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I thought we banned caughtoffside links?

KY

Established Member

If it is then I apologize. But it did seemed logical, an Arsène-Wenger-esqe buy...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Jbruin said:
...Arsenal may appeal to the former Auxerre man not least because decidedly average performances from the likes of Laurent Koscielny and Johann Djourou, and to a lesser extent Sebastian Squillaci...

Really? So according to that article Squillaci has been our best CB? Pretty much already discredited this as complete arsefudge due to that seeing as they clearly know nothing about our club or our team.

:lol:

Yup. Djourou has been immense as well.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For some reason, I find myself always doubting caught offside rumours. I never give them any credence. It sounds like matching a player wanting to leave/who is available and being french to our need for a CB.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i wonder if any of you who are discounting Mexes have actually watched him much the last couple seasons.. he's been pretty decent at Roma.. and he's only had 4 red cards in the last 5 years.. Kos has had 2 this season alone

i've mentioned his name before, but i dont believe a Caughtoffsides rumour

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

USArsenal said:
i wonder if any of you who are discounting Mexes have actually watched him much the last couple seasons.. he's been pretty decent at Roma.. and he's only had 4 red cards in the last 5 years.. Kos has had 2 this season alone

i've mentioned his name before, but i dont believe a Caughtoffsides rumour
yep will take him over Upson every single time

Anzac

Established Member

He was one of the more highly fancied CB sweepers a few seasons back & is still younger than both Squid & Hangeland.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

he reminds me of Flamini in one aspect
he needs the right manager to get the best out of him

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom