• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Senderos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: Senderos to Everton?

Don Pacifico said:
What do you been by him being slack? That he hasn't made the expected progess?

Yeah, sort of. I was expecting him to continue progressing and stake a claim for a first team spot this pre-season, especially with Toure having left the club. Instead, he seemed to show the same weaknesses as he had been prone of, before his major improvement last season. Obviously, things could change very quickly and a couple of good performances would put an end to this theory.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I agree with outlaw. I'm a big fan of Djourou when he's on his game, but too often he's not. He's suffering from weird losses of form and sustains a lot of suspect injuries. He's the type of player who needs a bit of pressure to perform, it seems. If he can sort it out this season he'll probably be the direct replacement for Gallas when he leaves. If not I can see him go down the same road as Senderos have, where he's stuck in limbo forever. Not bad enough to warrant a sale, but not good enough to stake a claim for a starting spot either.

On Phil - since that's the topic of the thread - I can see him going to Bayern, possibly. They've got pretty bad defenders since they sold Lucio. Wasn't Gazidis rumoured to have been in Munich some week ago?

KY

Established Member

Suppose he does stay. I wonder if he'll get any game time. Even silvestre is in front of him in the peckingorder and that says a lot..

DREVAK

Established Member

Is he? I'm not convinced. If Senderos stays, as in he will want to and Wenger decides to keep him, then Silvestre won't be above him. Senderos not playing is down to his transfer – whether imminent or in January – and not the awful Frenchman suddenly becoming a better player and number one, ah... well, three or four in the pecking order.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

I wouldn't say that Djourou suffers from 'weird losses of form', more like he's just too inconsistent. Frankly, that doesn't bode well at all for him. Even Senderos could string months of fine defending before getting raped.

number_0

Established Member

I might be from the minority, but i feel safer with senderos in the team rather than djourou

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

number_0 said:
I might be from the minority, but i feel safer with senderos in the team rather than djourou

You've got at least 1 person in your corner because I agree!

progman07

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
number_0 said:

You've got at least 1 person in your corner because I agree!
Me too.

I like Senderos, he makes mistakes occasionally, but he is a rock when he is confident, and he is a lot better than our other option Silvestre, so at least we should keep him as 4th choice.

xcdude24

Established Member

Got a twitter update from Arsenal-Mania saying that "sources" are claiming an unnamed Arsenal CB is off to Everton. Anything more on this?

If phil goes, we HAVE to buy. We can't rely on Djourou and Tweety for our backup CBs.

otfgoon

Established Member

progman07 said:
I like Senderos, he makes mistakes occasionally, but he is a rock when he is confident, and he is a lot better than our other option Silvestre, so at least we should keep him as 4th choice.

I think the problem has always been that he does not want to be 4th choice, he wants to be in the first 11.

But yeah, I would not exactly be gutted if he ends up staying.

outlaw_member

Established Member

xcdude24 said:
We can't rely on Djourou and Tweety for our backup CBs.

We already did last season and despite Silvestre's mishaps, I just can't see a new CB being signed.

number_0

Established Member

Looks like everton got Heitinga and Distin, so I doubt they will go for senderos now, £6m is an awful lot for a club like everton to spend on a squad player, let alone one at CB.
Hopefully we can keep him, to captain the Carling cup side or something, I hope we flog of silvestre though, since we have 3 left backs now and 4 (internatial) center backs aswell.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Heitinga deal isnt going on, according to the ""Telegraaf"" Atletico want to sell but Heitinga isnt really going fast about a move to Everton he is happy at Atletico.

longrufus

Established Member

Very surprised big Phil hasn't moved on yet to be honest. Being a world cup year he'll be dying to play and cement his place in the Swiss national team which looks quite likely to be heading to South Africa. Wenger is clearly willing to let him go but at such a late stage I cant really see him going now.

InWengerWeTrust

He is in the last year of his contract we need to sell him this summer or we will get nothing for him.

Having said that Djourou and Silvestre as backups dont fill me with confidence.

IBL

Established Member

Everton to look more likely to sign Heitinga which looks bad for Senderos' chances of moving somewhere

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8229863.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 229863.stm</a>

True Gooner

Established Member

InWengerWeTrust said:
He is in the last year of his contract we need to sell him this summer or we will get nothing for him.

Having said that Djourou and Silvestre as backups dont fill me with confidence.

Given our desperate need for a back up CB and the fact that we've looked good enough to win some trophy I think we should hang on to Senderos even if it means losing him for a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom