• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Senderos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Re: Senderos to Everton?

Oh joy another player that will leave us on a free transfer. In the short term however, we need all the bodies we can get. I can't understand peoples preference of Senderos to Djourou though. At least Djourou can atone for his mistakes with his physical attributes whereby Senderos is left for dead on our high line.

qs

Established Member

kofigunner said:
qs said:
Has Phil even made the bench yet this season?
He's behind Silvestre in the pecking order unless something changes.

I think this will probably change now. IMO he should probably be 3rd choice for most games. Maybe go with Djourou or Silvestre in top 4 games because Senderos has bottled it in those before.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Senderos is a much much better option, please can somebody give me a defender who is better as a 3rd or 4rd choice? we have the depth we are crying for at the back.

Senderos as 3rd with Djourou sounds good and solid they are a few years older now so, no excuses.

Silvestre needs to **** off.

OneProudGooner

Established Member

I'm baffled by some people calling Senderos a good immediate backup player all of a sudden I trust Djourou more but that's not saying a lot.
We have added depth but we have another potential liability at the back if Gallas or Vermalaen get's injured or suspended, it's a scary proposition.

True Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
kofigunner said:
qs said:
Has Phil even made the bench yet this season?
He's behind Silvestre in the pecking order unless something changes.

I think this will probably change now. IMO he should probably be 3rd choice for most games. Maybe go with Djourou or Silvestre in top 4 games because Senderos has bottled it in those before.

I think Djourou will be given more games because it looks likely that Senderos is leaving at the end of the season and therefore no point in 'killing' Djourou.

The good news is that I'm sure Senderos will be giving a 100% everytime what with the World Cup coming up and the fact that he'll be trying to whore himself to the best possible club once he leaves.

longrufus

Established Member

Actually feel quite bad for big Phil, it's a world cup year and it looks like he'll hardly play.

asajoseph

Established Member

It's up to his attitude, as to whether or not he'll play. And given all the mental fortitude he showed last time around, I can't imagine him getting a game any time soon, unless he figures out why the **** Wenger ever plays Emmanuel Eboue, and does the same.

otfgoon

Established Member

I dunno, I think Arsène expected Swiss to leave, or at the very least knew his future is in the balance and didn't think (rightly so) it would be wise to include him. Now that he'll be here for at least another 4 months then I can see him being used as a backup ahead of Silvest, and in the Carling Cup.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Silvestre got plenty of games las term, would expect Phil to get at least a similar amount. Very good defencer who i rate comfortably as our 3rd best centre back.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Since he couldn't move from the club, he will be involved in Cup games. If I were him I would work my ass off to prove others wrong and make a similar situation (a la Flamini in last season, when he burst on to first team with great performances).
Personally I would have him ahead of Silvestre in pecking order. Silvestre needs to be as far from the first team as poissible

Anyone knows when Senderos' contract expires?

Arsenal in Aus

I'm very glad that we kept him, mainly because we needed another CB and didn't sign anyone else. I am concerned about his errors, but last season we were a CB short, and with Vermaelen replacing Toure the numbers hadn't changed. We needed another CB, and whilst he's no super defender, I'd rather have him than not. Let's hope that he grows and improves this season and can eventually compete with Djourou to replace Gallas since Gallas is no spring chicken.

James

Established Member

USArsenal said:
albakos said:
Anyone knows when Senderos' contract expires?
why do i think he is in the last year of his contract? i could be very wrong though
I've also read this somewhere. I'm fairly sure he is.

MAK 14

Established Member

I'm actually quite surprised that he didn't decide to move. He didn't look very happy in the Arsenal training pictures, and, to be honest, i'm not sure where he'll find his motivation from. But hey, if Senderos not moving means that Silvestre is even further from the first team, i'm happy.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

we never got a real offer, thats why he didnt decide to move..

this doesnt need to be open anymore as the window is shut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom