• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Kike says a lot and some of it doesn't happen, he won my faith with the Sanchez transfer, I definitely remember him calling that very very early compared to the other ITK's.

He never actually said we were signing Benzema either and Wenger has openly praised Jackson Martinez, remember even Giroud thought we were going to sign Martinez.

On Aubemayang last time I watched him he was a better version of Walcott. Has he added the ability to create his own shot to his game?

His numbers are ridiculous though and he's been good for a solid season and a half now, definitely better than anything we have.

I beginning to think this is going to happen. Wenger may want to win something before he leaves and this guy along with Sanchez leading our line could wreck havoc. I secretly believe/hope pep will be taking over at Arsenal this summer.

On Aubemayang last time I watched him he was a better version of Walcott. Has he added the ability to create his own shot to his game?

You are not wrong, he's pretty much the same guy you know with better finishing this season(conversion rate went from 19% to 32%). He lacks dribbling skill and relies heavily on his pace and off ball movement. So, no he's still not one of those striker who can create their own chance.

nicky47

Established Member
Signing PEA would be a dream for me personally, but getting him in Jan seems such a long shot. No chance in my opinion.

Malky

Established Member
Wouldn't be surprised if there is truth in strong interest from us and even a bid for Aubemayang this month.
Wenger's no fool, its obvious he's wanted that "top top quality" CF for a long time and he might see now as being the best and last chance at it with what could be about to unfold this summer - Pep going to City, Chelsea's new manager and the Man United Circus no doubt replacing star clown Rooney, add in Europe's other big spenders and maybe Wenger is trying to get his CF before the other clubs get involved this summer.
Also think this could go hand in hand with what @Proof said; Zidane loves Benzema and that could be whats forced Wenger's had into going after PEA - the tin lid may well of shut on his dream of signing Benzema so its time for plan B.

nick gould

You are not wrong, he's pretty much the same guy you know with better finishing this season(conversion rate went from 19% to 32%). He lacks dribbling skill and relies heavily on his pace and off ball movement. So, no he's still not one of those striker who can create their gown chance.
I think his style is a lot closer to Thiery ahenry than Theo. He is a natural footballer unlike Theo whose movement seem to be telegraphed. He is over 6 feet tall which is another added advantage. He can see a pass too. Like any pacey player he seems to be over-reliant on speed but I don't blame him. Pace is an asset. Ronaldo 7 relies on it a lot, same applies to Bale, Thiery Henry used to.

blaze_of_glory

This rumour was in the Arsenal.com paper rumour round up thingy. I think that means its not happening. Have they ever put anything in there that was actually legit?

Thomas94

LordBump

Barca, Madrid, Psg, Munich, City and prob United/Chelsea will always have those top 10 strikers, Always !

We can get 1 of them, but can never see us paying for one, especially with inflation out of control ATM.

A tier 2 striker, like PEA, is going for like 60m now. That probs still higher than we'd pay.

I can only see us going for a younger guy up top and crossing our fingers that he'll turn out to be WC.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Barca, Madrid, Psg, Munich, City and prob United/Chelsea will always have those top 10 strikers, Always !

We can get 1 of them, but can never see us paying for one, especially with inflation out of control ATM.

A tier 2 striker, like PEA, is going for like 60m now. That probs still higher than we'd pay.

I can only see us going for a younger guy up top and crossing our fingers that he'll turn out to be WC.

Considering this is Giroud's 4th season starting for us more likely than that is Wenger will do nothing.

Sweggeh

PEA is definitely tier 1. The only strikers better than him right now are Suarez, Lewandowski, and Aguero.

And since we can't get any of those three, PEA is by far our best option right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom