• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 West Ham United | Wednesday 15, December | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-vs-West-Ham-Live.jpg

I'm sure the ArtetaSexuals are enjoying their momentary reprieve now that we've beaten another dross team.

Ngl, it was a great performance but how much of it was down to our brilliance? We just faced a búm team that's all.

Screenshot-20211212-134007.png

Screenshot-20211212-133934.png

Screenshot-20211212-134021.png

Screenshot-20211212-134059.png

I expect Arteta will pick an unchanged Lineup. Except maybe ESR coming in for Ode or martinelli.

Screenshot-20211212-135416.png

Prediction

Arsenal 0-1 West Ham

Narrow win for the hammers. Don't see any other way this ends.

Hopefully they smash us!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
It was nice to see us keep attacking and not sitting back, this is what I want to see on a consistent basis. We got the 3 points and we played with passion and all the players gave it all to ensure we won. Hopefully the Emirates can become our fortress once again.

One thing, I really disliked the way Mikel pushed Martinelli to get up and back onto the field - the kid was clearly injured as he fell back to the ground right after that play and we had to sub him off. Mikel did the same to Partey last year against Sp**s and I don't like seeing that tbh.

None the less we won and I am happy with the performance - which I haven't been able to say in a while with Mikel in charge. I hope he continues this...

TornadoTed

Established Member
I missed around half of the match as my kids had 'one of those evenings' but what I saw was as good as I've seen us play this season. Lots of intensity, pressing, bite in the tackles, winning the ball back early and moving the ball nice and quickly.

It backs up what I said the other day. The single most frustrating thing about Mikel for me is when we sit back and try to defend a lead as we actually look pretty good when we take the hand break off and have a go at teams.

Well done to all involved including Mikel.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A large cheeseburger and chips in Five Guys is £14-15. Stadiums have been rinsing audiences since the dawn of time. Welcome to London, I'm in the party with barbies and drillas.

(Not claiming this represents good VFM or is equivalent to five guys. It doesn’t even look like one of the ‘fancy’ areas of the stadium but if it’s club seating then case closed)

Reactions: A_G

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Caught up on the game this morning, as I was out last night.

West Ham had a particular strategy against us, and that was to maintain a compact shape, block our buildup passing looking to find our midfielders, and try and press us to turn over the ball once we moved into the middle third. You cant do that to beat this Arsenal team. You need to press us high and force us into mistakes as early as possible. In addition to that you reduce us to playing in a U shaped manner, with no possibility to get the ball into the middle third.

From our side however it was a good performance. You could see our movement and good positioning on display quite clearly, especially with the first goal. I would like to see us being highly pressured again, and we going to see that against Leeds at the weekend.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't watch the game so watching my recording now. Finally a recording I want to watch! Except the track suits of the team look awful! What the hell is that? Proper 90s flashback!
Heh, that‘s the new Adidas x originals kit - I bought my son the short sleeve shirt last night. Very retro, my aged body couldn’t carry it off...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A really dominant performance. A lot of great plays, fast passing and runs. Pressing was good too.

Nice to see the AM punch bags Ødegaard and Tierney play well for some games now. Xhaka and Laca too. Partey getting back to his normal level hopefully.

Laca's performance was really good, even the penalty shot was not bad. Martinelli getting back to his old form. Saka is just so important.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A really dominant performance. A lot of great plays, fast passing and runs. Pressing was good too.

Nice to see the AM punch bags Ødegaard and Tierney play well for some games now. Xhaka and Laca too. Partey getting back to his normal level hopefully.

Laca's performance was really good, even the penalty shot was not bad. Martinelli getting back to his old form. Saka is just so important.

Overall this was a really good performance and a very deserved win. We bossed them for most of the game and 2-0 is flattering to them. Just like 3-0 was flattering for Southampton. Had to laugh when I listened to the Football Daily podcast. Listening to them it sounded like the game turned on the red card and penalty... Just insane how some commentators can have such an anti-Arsenal bias. ****ing cretins!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think Sp uds won't get more than 4 points out of those 3 games. They'll only win the Brighton game.
Hopefully.
Im simply saying that in the league is that they have been better than us for 5 years under Arsène, Unai & Arteta,
Dont forget they now have an elite level manager that many screamed for here.

We have the youngest team in the league & a novice manager.
Sp**s certainly have not paid Conte the big bucks to finish below us for the 1st time in half a decade.

What i will say is it looks like we are going in the right direction with the rebuild.
Long may it continue 👍

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Overall this was a really good performance and a very deserved win. We bossed them for most of the game and 2-0 is flattering to them. Just like 3-0 was flattering for Southampton. Had to laugh when I listened to the Football Daily podcast. Listening to them it sounded like the game turned on the red card and penalty... Just insane how some commentators can have such an anti-Arsenal bias. ****ing cretins!
👍Oh apparently We also have a higher XG than everyone so far in
this round of fixtures (including Man C who stuck 7 goals away) :eek:ops:

I do have my misgivings towards the cult of erm XGsexuals & the 'love in' some appear have with it.

Points are the only metric that seriously matters .

However I just thought it may be worth pointing out for people who put far too much weight on such things?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A large cheeseburger and chips in Five Guys is £14-15. Stadiums have been rinsing audiences since the dawn of time. Welcome to London, I'm in the party with barbies and drillas.

(Not claiming this represents good VFM or is equivalent to five guys. It doesn’t even look like one of the ‘fancy’ areas of the stadium but if it’s club seating then case closed)
To be almost fair as well, that was a double pattied burger and fries. The single with fries would have been £15, which is about £2-3 over the average that you’d pay in a decent foody pub. Still too expensive, but that’s football tax for you.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
To be almost fair as well, that was a double pattied burger and fries. The single with fries would have been £15, which is about £2-3 over the average that you’d pay in a decent foody pub. Still too expensive, but that’s football tax for you.
Apparently this picture is from Club level. Not really any justification but at least we can take comfort that the burger was probably purchased using corporate money or by someone in the top tax bracket.

Or maybe it was someone from the North having a special day out that got a nasty shock?

Its a little bit like going to Salt Baes restaurant then posting your faux outrage at the bill on social media.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
People criticize Saka’s finishing but it is clear that if our attack works at all it is through his playmaking. His cutbacks and crosses have been crucial this season. He creates a lot for ESR, Laca scores a fair bit as well on his service. A number of our set piece goals also come when he is providing. So this cuts to Auba’s decline not being just because he is starved of service or Arteta’s tactics. ESR is scoring, Laca is creating and scoring as well in limited opportunities. Saka isn’t racking up goals but he is being used as primary playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom