• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No idea how we will lineup in terms of who’s playing where. It will be 4 at the back though, of that I’m certain.

Sobotka

Cech; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Elneny, Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Aubameyang

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Wilshere back it'll be interesting to see who gets dropped. Does Elneny keep his spot? Or do you put Xhaka there?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Walcott will surely take a break from scoring for a week at least. Fingers crossed. Rooney will score a screamer. I don't know what to expect but please God let us win.

Box2Box

Seeing the ease with which Swansea strolled through our defence time and again, Theo will rape us. Of course all he does is score goals, so not good enough for Arsenal, we've got Welbeck who works really hard.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
AMN
Ramsey Wilshere
Özil Aubameyang Mkhitaryan
Just tired of seeing both Xhaka and Lacazette by now, think a spell out of the team will do both good hopefully.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cech
AMN
Ramsey Wilshere
Just tired of seeing both Xhaka and Lacazette by now, think a spell out of the team will do both good hopefully.
Putting 1 attacker in team won't change nothing we need to play another attacker with auba if we play auba alone we'll make same mistakes with Lacazzete.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’d go back to a 4-2-3-1 or play a diamond with Elneny at the base of the diamond. Ramsey and Xhaka can sit on the bench. Obviously Ramsey will
never be benched but I can live in hope.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin Kos Mus Nacho
Xhaka
Wilshere Ramsey
Özil Auba Mkh​

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Kolasinac, Elneny, AMN, Iwobi, Lacazette.

Wouldn't mind Ospina starting, would love to see Cech dropped for his mistake. I'm thinking we're gonna go with 4-3-3, so unless we play one of PEA or Laca out wide, it'll be one or the other.

4-0 to the good guys.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Cech
AMN
Ramsey Wilshere
My main concern here is that we don't get the best out of Özil like this. His free role becomes restricted because he needs to stay out wide for defensive duties, and he thus can't influence play as well. Other than that though, I like it

I was doubtful of the two-up-front idea before, but our lack of wingers is making me think that's a good idea now. Something like this...

Mkhi - AMN - Wilshere
Özil
Auba - Laca
The formation is my concern here but Real have found success with it recently ao maybe we could to. All players at least suit their positions well here imo.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Talented as AMN no doubt is, it is a sad state of affairs that we do not have a proper defensive midfielder.
Kolasinac can play LB, CB and CDM from what I know. I'd put him instead of Xhaka or Elneny. At least with him you know that whenever he's going up the pitch, there's a chance he might score.
He can't be worse than those two and he's not getting minutes now that the team switched back to a back four. I don't see much to lose from trying it, since they're already leaking goals like crazy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope we don't waste Özil and mkhi on wings play mkhi in deep playmaker and Özil as playmaker and auba laca upfront. We got no width after selling them all. The only natural winger we got in squad is Nelson

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I think we need Özil back in a more central position. I really don't see how a narrow formation works in the PL... But we shall see how things pan out if we switch to it.

The pace in both Italy and Spain is very slow and they prefer technical build up to the fast paced counter attacking you see in the league. I can see how one of the most dominant teams in Spain would find success with almost any formation though.

4312 is asking to get your fullbacks spanked. They have very little support unless the wide CMs are dedicated in helping them out. Works well in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom