• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Mertesacker is a grandpa but I think I'd pick him over Holding and Chambers. Chambers is too jittery on the ball and Holding has had tragic performances too often this season.

It's pointless because Mustafi will stay there anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mertesacker is a grandpa but I think I'd pick him over Holding and Chambers. Chambers is too jittery on the ball and Holding has had tragic performances too often this season.

It's pointless because Mustafi will stay there anyway.
as s**t our defense been this season but we have to stop changing it. leave it 4 at the back.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know what our best defence is at the moment

Bellerin-Koscielny-Monreal-Kolasinac

I think I'd actually prefer that to be honest. All line ups are disastrous

I just want to see how the offensive players line up

Apex

Cech
Bell - Kodog - mustafi, sejo
Wheelchair - Xhaka - Miki
Özil
Laca - Auba

Win for sure with this lineup

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We should've really have loaned Walcott to them with an option to buy with the clause that he can't play against us. Would hate it if he scores against us.

Box2Box

We will lose. Ridiculous team selection with Iwobi and Welbeck starting, Theo rapes our defence, we bring on Auba with 10 minutes to go when we need to score 2 to get a draw.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Should win this... And I'm only saying that because we're not playing away.

infinium

As always with Walcott, it's down to him. On his day, he is damn near unplayable, it is just he doesn't have many of them. Lets hope he doesn't have one of those days.

Auba14

Mkhitaryan Lacazette Özil
Ramsey Xhaka Wilshere
Monreal Mustafi Koscielny Bellerin
Ospina

I'm going for 3-1. Some goals for laca and a nice debut goal for auba would do the trick. Don't care about the banterous clown in goal everything is better than helmet at this point.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I wouldn't at all be against dropping Mustafi but our options are tragic. Mertesacker is probably next in line.
Just bring in Kolasinac, because he can play CB as well. Or bring back Nacho next to Koscielny and Kolasinac on the left.
I'd like to see Jack and Ramsey in front of the defense, one of whom should stay deeper, then Auba-Özil-Miki with Laca up front.
Laca and Auba can interchange, since Laca started playing on the wing for Lyon and was gradually turned into a striker, while Özil and Miki can also do the same because they both have an eye for a pass.
Playing a 4-4-2 with Özil and Miki as wingers is going to have the same effect as Ramsey playing there. Not enough speed and penetration down the flank.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

**** trying to gradually introduce these players in. You play your best players when they're fit.

Auba & Mkhitaryan have to start. Knowing Arsène Wenger, he'll start Mkhi but leave Auba on the bench and bring him on in the last 20 mins. He can't do much in 20 mins.

If he starts and gets a goal, he can carry that form into the NLD.

GBGooner

Lacazette started out wide for us in his first few games while Sanchez was out, its arguably where he has looked most dangerous and is a much better option that Ramsey out wide.
I would love to see him starting out wide with Micky on the other wing and Özil and Auba through the middle.

Cech

Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Kolasinac

Wilshere Ramsey

Özil
Mhkitaryan Lacazette

Aubameyang

You could say Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle is a bad idea but Xhaka leaves us just as exposed anyway and Elneny is to safe, lets just go full Liverpool and try and get more goals then them!

As for people saying Cech shouldn't be starting because of the mistake against Swansea I mean please, we would of lost the game anyway and he is still our best keeper by a mile. How many times has Xhaka done the same thing this season he is the one you should be targeting.

Last edited:

nicky47

Established Member
Hoping we can move on from that sh*t show mid week and get a win here, have my doubts though. I just have no confidence in this team.

We're going to be relying on our attack being filth from now until the end of the season, so I'm hoping we'll see our main 4 attackers starting. No doubt Wenger will make some odd selections though.

If Lacazette on the wing is gonna become some thing on here then surely everyone agree we can replace him with better winger in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom