• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

daniel

The new season is on it's way...
It will be the first ever Premiership match played on the new stadium.
I think it is very important that Arsenal does well in this match, cause we all know how it can effect a team when they have a bad start to a season.
Hope we win this one, we should be able to...

nazo

Established Member
Might be a little early but oh well.
Opening game, i hope we win this game comfortably.

Ps, i hope people don't start throwing out their expected formation/starting lineup yet.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
bluenaz said:
Ps, i hope people don't start throwing out their expected formation/starting lineup yet.
:wink:

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djouru-Hoyte(Flamini)
Hleb-Fabregas-Gilberto-Rosicky
Henry-Adebayor

That is presuming Hoyte did enough for Wenger on Tuesday, and Lehmann and Henry are ready. Possibly RvP in place of Adebayor or in place of Henry incase he ain't fit. Otherwise it is as you were against Dinamo.

apollo

Loyan said:
bluenaz said:
:wink:

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djouru-Hoyte(Flamini)
Hleb-Fabregas-Gilberto-Rosicky
Henry-Adebayor

That is presuming Hoyte did enough for Wenger on Tuesday, and Lehmann and Henry are ready. Possibly RvP in place of Adebayor or in place of Henry incase he ain't fit. Otherwise it is as you were against Dinamo.

I think you should consider changing places if Henry and Adebayor and I personnaly don't see Adebayor comming in ... I guess van Persie has a bigger chance of starting that night....unless Henry is not ready though I'd see Wenger starting him up since it's symbolic that the Arsenal captain must be there on the first big day...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Meh. Henry and Adebayor are the strikers. Wasn't saying Henry should be on the right. He will undoubtably be drifting out to the left as he always does. And about RvP, I left him out for the time being as he does seem to link with Henry well and also had a good game linking up the play on Tuesday. I'm not really sure which one will start as they both deserve it but I feel that because of his link up play with the midfielders and Henry, Adebayor may just shade it. Nonetheless RvP deserves to start and Wenger will have a hard decision to make.

MUTERI

I expect an easy win here, 3 or 4 nil, as we were usually doing at Highbury.

What worries me is our away form, our first trips will be to Man City and Man Utd, tricky and difficult and will shape our season IMO.

Gooner83

hutfa said:
I am obviously delighted that we are finally playing at our new stadium but at the end of the day it is actually really scary when you look at how thin our squad really is. We simply do not have enough depth. WE NEED SIGNINGS!!!!!!!

these young guys we got are better than any over the hill stars believe me!

Dougan17

it should be a big game for us with villa's backroom seemingly in shambles and it really pressing on the players with so many asking for the door and all that. I would love to see a big win of a couple goals to start the season off as I think united and chelsea will have a bit of a stuttering start to the season with the way injuries, cohesiveness, and fitness with the world cup stars still fighting to get back in shape are affecting them.

Dougan17

hutfa said:
I am obviously delighted that we are finally playing at our new stadium but at the end of the day it is actually really scary when you look at how thin our squad really is. We simply do not have enough depth. WE NEED SIGNINGS!!!!!!!

and this means what to this thread?

F_Henry

I think RvP will start upfront with Henry and hopefullt Cole at LB.

This is going to be a big game, which I think Arsenal should win by at least 2 goals.

Hopefully one more by Cesc, maybe another dance :wink:

Lineup:

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Cole
Gilberto
Hleb-Cesc-Rosicky
RvP- Henry

been

wow i gotta admit im scared remember our away form last year well this game is almsot like away i mean its a new stadium geez im so excited and scared

also as alot say WE NEED SIGINGS atleast one player thats somwhat known

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Henry will make the Villa game. My guess on the lineup will be:

................Lehmann
Eboue..Kolo..Djourou..Flamini
Hleb..Gilberto..Cesc...Rosicky
...........Robin....Ade

Caspian

been said:
wow i gotta admit im scared remember our away form last year well this game is almsot like away i mean its a new stadium geez im so excited and scared

also as alot say WE NEED SIGINGS atleast one player thats somwhat known

We should be scared because it's Villa under O'Neill the great saviour who will make them challenge us in the top 4 and turn Villa into a top side of world beaters overnight.

dublingunner

Established Member
9-0 to the Arse. Big statement at the start of the season 8) and a big embarrassment to Martin O' Neill :lol:

Yeah reckon same team as most others posting, with Henry and RvP up front. A hat-trick each.

fabtastic

i think henry will push himself to play the villa game, first competitive match and premiership match and all that! he will want to play he should play!

Saville

F_Henry said:
I think RvP will start upfront with Henry and hopefullt Cole at LB.

This is going to be a big game, which I think Arsenal should win by at least 2 goals.

Hopefully one more by Cesc, maybe another dance :wink:

Lineup:

Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Cole
Gilberto
Hleb-Cesc-Rosicky
RvP- Henry

mate i dont think wenger is ever going to start of with a formation he hasnt trie out yet, it should almost certainly be the 4-4-2 formation.

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Senderos Cole (Flamini)

Hleb Cesc Gilberto Rosicky (Reyes)

Henry Van Persie (Adebayor)

Subs:
Almunin
Walcott
Reyes
Flamini
Hoyte

to be honest i still think Cole and Reyes will stay, so i reckon there be starting the season off all depending on what happens.

pg1989

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Djourou Cole

Hleb Cesc Gilberto Rosicky

Henry Van Persie

I also think Reyes and Cole will stay. I wasn't that impressed with Rosicky on Tuesday but i would give him another chance due to Reyes being an ass. As for Hoyte, i would drop him as we could get exposed down that wing because Rosicky always goes inside annd doesn't bother defending so we need a proper back.

go49oner

Established Member
i dont think its gonna be as easy as people make it sound.

i think it would be really tough game for us, but i reckon we will scrap through maybe 1-0 or 2-1.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom