• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

Feis-al

We are still playing the beautiful game to know and goals will pour in very, and I can say will grit and confidence, It won't be Chelsea this time around. For those whose season is over after this game, ie Patrick and company, I'm glad I won't see the likes of you in these premiership fixture threads

Gurgen

Established Member
JazzG said:
patrick42uk said:
this is a game we should be winning and winning comfortably if we were title challengers.

If this was April I'd agree but getting a little carried away for the first game of the season. Still a lot more to come from us and games like this happen from time to time. We just were unlucky at times, sometimes guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net but also Villa were quite pathetic, not many teams will play that kind of ultra defensive game!

When we were winning titles we always got the 3 points on opening day, away and home.

This is no way to start and like it or not, unlucky hardly exists in football. It's a myth created by losers. If you don't put your chances away you're not 'unlucky'. Do you ever see a tennis player saying 'oh I was unlucky, just an inch to the left and that passing shot would be in'? :lol:

Ratinho

Established Member
It will be Chelsea. And as long as it is Chelsea, and comfortably, people will claim £20m spent every year/other year will be lacking ambition on our part.

I think we've prepared badly, but it's got f**k all to do with money.

Ratinho wrote:

1-1

Eleventeen injuries and this board to crash with 'OMG relegation!' posts.

Maybe.

Heh, I have every right to be arrogant, when i'm right so often tbh.

manalicream

I think we cannot hold a barometer test to our Title aspirations until we visit Old Trafford.

If we get results at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge, we will be in with a shout. Of course thats a big if!

Ratinho

Established Member
We'll get 2 points from the 6 games against Liverpool, Chelsea and United. They are older and mentaly stronger than we are, and unlike the rest of the league they can also match us for quality.

Sammer

Established Member
Sorry, but I can´t buy into the drama of claiming that this was such a bad start and how ManU and Chelsea are miles ahead of us.

It´s just the opening game with an unfit Titi, bad luck, a Jens error and 80% ball possession and completely dominating the game.

If we don´t win our next two games, we can start to worry...

Ratinho

Established Member
Nah, it's all over bud.

We're having Eboue shot and sent to the glue factory, as punishment for his final ball. :(

maxxx

our movement and passing was our biggest assets when we won trophies. Now Man Utd and Chelsea have caught up in that department and they have more better players unfortunatly.

Sammer

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Nah, it's all over bud.

We're having Eboue shot and sent to the glue factory, as punishment for his final ball. :(

...followed by Hleb for his inacurate passing, Cesc for his fatigue in the 2nd half, Jens for his mistake (=****e keeper), Henry for his unwillingness to wait until he´s fit, Hoyte for not being an instant world class left back, and Freddie for getting old.

Did I forget anyone? :)

Rahul

Sammer said:
Ratinho said:
Nah, it's all over bud.

...followed by Hleb for his inacurate passing, Cesc for his fatigue in the 2nd half, Jens for his mistake (=s***e keeper), Henry for his unwillingness to wait until he´s fit, Hoyte for not being an instant world class left back, and Freddie for getting old.

Did I forget anyone? :)

RVP,Ade and gilberto :)

Shahram

YuenBiaoFan said:
I'll tell you the one thing that INFURIATED me yesterday.

Villa players were still getting 'final warnings' from that c**t Poll in the 70th minute. Foul after foul.

Toure's first foul and he gets a yellow, straight off.

Of course, its Poll. He's a pri*k to arsena players.

manalicream

I had to put up with my mate complaining about Gilberto all game, when in my eyes he put in a fantastic effort.

I have come to realise that this neurosis amongst Arsenal fans is most likely the reason why we have one of the quietest sets of supporters.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Ratinho said:
We'll get 2 points from the 6 games against Liverpool, Chelsea and United. They are older and mentaly stronger than we are, and unlike the rest of the league they can also match us for quality.
That is what I have been asking the optimists here, can they guarantee us 6-8 points from Manure and Chelski ?

If not, then all this talk about being unlucky, letting the youngsters grow, and the denial of existing issues is a HOGWASH.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom