• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

bobbypires

Established Member
Incredible! That's the word.

I've never seen Wenger jumping like he did today! I jumped in my house too. I went crazy. And who didn't go crazy after today's game?

Reyes' pass was pure class. And his stunner? Wow! We're going to enjoy a lot this season.

Bergie. He's 25.

Henry. Not at his best, but two goals. I can't imagine when he reaches his peak!

Pires. Wow! I want him to start on the bench every game! :lol: No, seriously. He can score even more goals than last season. Best attacking midfielder. Only half of a match and he has 2 goals.

Ljungberg. Very calm today, but you can't be 100% every game.

Cesc. He's only 17!

Flamini. Didn't shine today, but he'll do soon. He needs more minutes (only Pires can make a lot in a few minutes).

Gilberto. Great work again.

Lauren. Best defender today.

Toure. Could do more.

Cole. Quiet game (yeah, a player with a quiet game today).

Cygan. One mistake, but it will be remembered.

Lehmann. His positioning wasn't the best in the third goal, but Queudrue was very lucky; he only wanted to make an assist. Couldn't do anything in the other two.

bobbypires

Established Member
jester said:
anyone else think for the 10minutes pire played on the right, he played awesome??
Me thinks! He can play everywhere, but his best position is LM. He's the man always in the right position.

juz7_pi12es

Scottish Lass said:
i would rather have the 5-3 than 1-0 .. at 1-0 we looked bland, and to go 3-1 down and come bak to win 5-3 is absolutely amazing, shows we really want to win :D
i 800% agree!!

kanuuu

Established Member
Today shows we have to play all four, Pires Henry reyes and Bergy, in whatever poisitions i dont care, but none of them can be benched.

juz7_pi12es

51205251.jpg

51205268.jpg

51205297.jpg

51205316.jpg

51205331.jpg

51205326.jpg

Mark

Established Member
I was at Highbury today and it was just awesome. The atmosphere was brilliant. Even at 3-1 down with ridiculous defensive errors, everyone was really behind the team.

It was a brilliant game of football. Even at 3-1 down I felt we could still come back, and it didn't take long. Great goals, great football, it had everything.

AFCG7

Established Member
What the fook was that... fantastic comeback.. i was so pissed i was going to leave the bar when some tourist guy said remeber Charlton a few years ago ..5-3! And i thought no way will that happen again but them Dennis scored and what the hell we're back in it.. unbeleivable and so glad Reyes got one.. he deserved it.

Double_H

Established Member
oh my god .....finally My Hands Can type

i almost cried when they scored there 3rd ....

but calss match

Bergy ...is he really 35 ???!!!!
Reyes as usuall
Henry wasnt that good and he scored 2 :shock:
Bobby bobby .....a class

Cygan had a good game but that mistake :evil:
lehman by far the worst player in the match

2 goal from 2 mistakes ..hope those disaper

patrick42uk

Established Member
last season, we conceded no more than one goal in every game except v newcastle at home. to acheive that, we needed some luck. today we conceded one goal which was a result of collective good play from the opposition, our usual quota. the other two goals were unusual in their nature, freaks if you like. i think that was evidence our luck ran out today. but we still won, and thats special.

A

Anonymous

Highbury in the sunshine and eight goals, doesnt really get any better.

Some of the stuff we play at times is amazing, Reyes and Dennis were different class today. Reyes is just in another planet at the minute, unstoppable.

Pires showed why he has to start, what a player. Freddie had a mare today I thought - he is the least in form player in our midfield, id drop him for Blackburn. Pires and Reyes on the wings changin every 10 minutes will rip them to pieces.

Nearly every move we had broke down at Henry today, his all round game is a long way from being 100% yet. Having said that he still scores two goals and sets one up which after all is what he is there for.

But how the **** did we concede three goals to a bag of ****e team like Boro? That is why we do **** in Europe. The way Chelsea are playin this season is the way to play in Europe. It may be boring, but it is effective.

Atmosphere was **** agian, althought I didnt expect anything else. A few songs when we were winning and nothing more. We are only watching one of the best teams ever you know!

AFCG7

Established Member
agree with you there about goals conceded.. all three were soft goals by top level standards.. we will get crushed in EUrope defending like that.
Still, with Vieira coming in for Cesc it will give our midfield greater steel and our back line protection.. as good as the kid is, he was outmanouvered by Parlour in the second half.

juz7_pi12es

Bergkamp had a hand in three of the other four goals and, at 34, continues to age like a good wine.
Uhhh... :D

His experience must be of huge benefit to the likes of Francesc Fabregas. 17 years Bergkamp's junior, the precocious Frenchman proved once more that if you're good enough, you're old enough.
LOL..again (Frenchman)?????Or is it refering to Wenger?
and again??(selected for the 2nd time!)

SOCCERNET: Team of the Week

Adam

Established Member
We never really get emotional rollercoasters anymore with Arsenal 'the machine' bar Liverpool at home and away last season (and a few others), so it was fun to see some go in our end in the league and have to show our character to respond.

Allyboy

Established Member
Sol said:
Atmosphere was s**t agian, althought I didnt expect anything else. A few songs when we were winning and nothing more. We are only watching one of the best teams ever you know!

Where were you sitting Sol? I was in the North Lower and it was not too bad, but thats mainly because there was a group behind us who wanted to sing, when we got going the others joined in. The only truely electric atmosphere I have seen though was bizarrely at Keowns testamonial, I would rate today as one of the better ones I have been too.

The Clockend seemed well out of it today, a few times we sang "We're the North Bank Highbury" and were met with silence by them, and likewise with "Clockend give us the score"! Maybe they did reply, but we could not hear it!

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom