• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

As I said before and people jumped down my throat there has been no real improvement not in results or performance. Argue what you want but we are still as **** as ever.

There's a clear improvement in our performance. Looking much more organized in defense and compact in midfield. The quality isn't there, but the organization is. We don't have that killer edge, which is why we keep not being able to see out results.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Without Xhaka this may have been a Sheffield win tonight.

giphy.gif

That was just like an Emery performance. I honestly don’t see any improvement. Arteta is blindly just picking the big names. Luiz, Xhaka, Pepe, Özil and Laca all terrible today and pretty much all season. I’d rather we played Nelson, Willock and Saka behind Martinelli.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Can anyone tell me why that wasn’t a pen?
Not really, would have been given to another team or if we would have caused the situation.

Only thing is that Pepe seems to expect contact and starts falling before the contact. Not sure what he should have done otherwise though. Just wait for the Sheffield player to rake him down and not protecting himself.

mpower2540

Disappointing, the defence was really good for the most part I thought. Our midfield and attack aren't cutting the mustard. We're so bad at winning second balls from goal kicks or high balls it leaves us having to be perfect in possession, which we're not. It's a horrifically imbalanced team right now so we're gonna need to get recruitment right (lol).

Saka was outstanding and Martinelli needs to stay in the team even when Auba comes back, need all the goalscorers we can get.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Noone knows mate.
Im so sick of this ****. Every ducking week.
I thought the point of appealing Aubameyangs red was to highlight how we consistently get done by decisions? When does it end?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So glad I am a nostalgia merchant...current life is so **** :lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Wew have them

Not really, would have been given to another team or if we would have caused the situation.

Only thing is that Pepe seems to expect contact and starts falling before the contact. Not sure what he should have done otherwise though. Just wait for the Sheffield player to rake him down and not protecting himself.
Im beside myself with rage. Every week something new.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The lack of goals in this team is almost as big a problem as our defence. Poor at both ends atm.
3 games now (Sheffield, Palace, Bournemouth) where we only conceded 1 goal but didnt get a win from any of them. Its impossible to go from what we were before to suddenly clean sheet maestros, but the attack should be weighing in with more goals.

Even vs chelsea too, we are completely out playing opponents in the middle of the park and attack for periods of games where it is all us, but we arent creating the right chances / finishing chances.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Imagine if any other player makes the mistakes for thier goal than Torreira?

Would've been murdered by the Torreira fanboys.

Makes you think.
Nah it doesn't. One of the best players on the pitch. Going forward and back.

Unlucky pass attempt in hardly a danger zone.

Your boy has been putting em on a plate across the penalty box for fun for many seasons and has rightly been chastised for it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That was just like an Emery performance. I honestly don’t see any improvement. Arteta is blindly just picking the big names. Luiz, Xhaka, Pepe, Özil and Laca all terrible today and pretty much all season. I’d rather we played Nelson, Willock and Saka behind Martinelli.
Think you are overreacting. Sheffield is a pretty good team and we looked solid in defence until the goal. Comparing this to how easily teams cut us through under the end of Emery's reign is just not accurate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's a clear improvement in our performance. Looking much more organized in defense and compact in midfield. The quality isn't there, but the organization is. We don't have that killer edge, which is why we keep not being able to see out results.

Theres no improvement stop talking about organisation like it's some kind of 3 points. Sheffield united were comfortable to whole game. We were at home. We are Arsenal FC and they are coming to the Emirates and being comfortable. They leave with a point so stop talking about some mythical improvement. Improvement is dominating matches. Improvement is winning matches and having some impact on where we finish in the league.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We are only conceding a goal a game under Arteta. Pretty good going from the defence when you consider the poor midfield.

Just not scoring / creating enough to put games away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom