• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs T*ttenham Hotspur | Sunday, Nov. 6th - 12:00 GMT| BT Sport 1

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Having put myself through watching highlights again (I know..) I reckon Clattenburg was slightly biased toward Spuds, gave them a lot of sympathy free kicks. Wanyama should've been booked for persistent fouling too.

It's a tactic that works well against Arsenal, small little fouls all the time - teams get away with it regularly & have for quite a while.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the highlights and we never deserved to win that game. Very disappointing all round.

Yeah no way did we deserve to win. We had what? Two attempts on target? Didn't even force Lloris into making any decent saves. There was an instance where Ox squared it to Bellerin (the best thing he did when he came on, other than coming off at the end) and Bellerin could've possibly got his head up and played Özil in.

Very blunt attacking performance, a point was the best we could've hoped for. Extremely frustrating when you consider they had no Alli, Lamela, Sissoko and Alderweireld.

WhatAFC

Why are people talking like alli and sissoko are a massive miss for them? Alli has been poor since March and sissoko's biggest attribute is his athleticism. Not to mention lamela has hardly set the world alight.

They are well organised and make it difficult for teams to impose themselves on games. A point was a fair result, against a team that has improved drastically under poch and will continue to cause problems for any team in this league whether we like it or not.

Yeah no way did we deserve to win. We had what? Two attempts on target?

Iwobi and Giroud chances? Think they both should have done better. Was that all chances we got on target?

Then we had Walcott chance. And the small margins in Xhaka missing header. Bellerin thing.

Didn't Özil or Sanchez get no chances? We need to get them into position where they can take a go on the goal.

Should have done better here imo:

We need to be calmer in those situations. Imagine if he decide to take 0.5-1 sec longer to think. He could have taken the ball with him, dribble 2 meters and created insanely dangerous situation.

It feels sometimes we are trying to do the thing to quickly. And on other times to slowly. Our new attack is young, so hopefully with time there will be more balance and we can pick our moments better!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It was a fairly even match, we could've nicked it if our subs had had a greater impact. But they affected the game negatively when they came on. Can't really blame Wenger for his subs knowing that both Giroud and the Ox have scored coming off the bench. But maybe he could've realised that none of the three subs he put in have particularly good ball retention. Ox, Giroud and Ramsey generated three more avenues of losing the ball/killing off attacks and we couldn't generate any sustained pressure over the last 10 minutes. I know that hindsight is 20/20, but maybe El Neny as one of the subs could've helped us more.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just trying to remember, did Iwobi have the opportunity to take a touch rather than shoot first time? It seems as though he was trying to go for that FIFA17 style curler into the corner.

Although quite risky. Iwobi could have take a touch both in his opportunity against Tottenham and Reading. It will come with more experience.

BobP

Memri Fan
Having put myself through watching highlights again (I know..) I reckon Clattenburg was slightly biased toward Spuds, gave them a lot of sympathy free kicks. Wanyama should've been booked for persistent fouling too.

You're not wrong.

In all honesty, even though it was a penalty, I'm still quite surprised that Clattenburg gave the decision, and at the speed he did to.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You're not wrong.

In all honesty, even though it was a penalty, I'm still quite surprised that Clattenburg gave the decision, and at the speed he did to.

Honestly when I watched it , Dembele had already lost balance and was going down long before Kos touched him and that was outside the box . Clattenburg was so quick because of the debacle of a decision the week before with United -Burnley.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Just trying to remember, did Iwobi have the opportunity to take a touch rather than shoot first time? It seems as though he was trying to go for that FIFA17 style curler into the corner.

nah, he did the right thing just wrong execution - the ball was laid perfectly into his path by Alexis.

Iwobi absolutely had to shoot first time in my opinion. If he'd have taken a touch then the chance would have been snuffed out.

It is hard to judge because Iwobi was checking back onto his right and slipping as he shot. It wasn't ideal at all. It didn't fall into a good zone for him to get power on it.

I'm not entirely convinced that Sanchez couldn't have done better with the pass. If Sanchez had put a little more on the pass, or possibly held onto it a fraction longer by taking a touch to pass with his left, the ball could have crossed onto Iwobi's left and he'd have been more balanced and closer to the goal to hit it with his left. Not sure if Alexis could reasonably have been expected to anticipate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom