• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

TomasCR

Established Member
images
v
images

How about some game to talk about? ;)

I have no idea who should we play with but with Gallas, Djourou and probably Toure all inujured, it looks like Song will get a chance at defender once again. Then Fabregas with an amazing player Denilson in the middle and Nasri with Vela or Ramsey on the wings. RvP and Ade are clear. Any win will do it for me.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan | EPL | 06/12/08 | 15:00

I think Gallas and Djourou will be back without much doubt. Their injuries was described as light. Hopefully it's just a few bruises.

Almunia
Sagna - Djourou - Gallas - Clichy
Ramsey - Denilson - Fabregas - Nasri
Adebayor - van Persie

We're looking for a reaction to the Chelsea game here and I think we'll win this one with a couple of goals since we've got some very important players back. Adebayor will be likely to score. I wouldn't put it past Denilson either with his weird form. van Persie, Nasri and Cesc might be other grabbers. Zaki is the most obvious threat, but I think that Wilson Palacios is their best player. He's a great engine for them who does about everything right except for scoring. Keep track of Palacios, as the youngsters did in Carling cup, and Zaki will amount to very little.

Titus Bramble against Adebayor should guarantee a few laughs as well. There will be a lot of chances in this game.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

He'll proberly put the same side out that beat Chelsea, barring injuries.

dutchMasta

Almunia
Sagna - Djourou - Gallas - Clichy
Wilshere - Song - Fabregas - Nasri
Adebayor - van Persie

Denilson on the wing doesn't work clearly, and Song is better than him in the middle imo, so he should be benched. We don't really have anyone else who can play on the wing, unless say, Diaby comes back from injury, so Wilshere it is. Heck, even Gibbs or Vela would be better options there than Denilson imo. If Edu's back, I wouldn't want to throw him on the wing anyway, and definitely not as a starter, but I can't wait til he's back and fit.

Tony Montana

Established Member

3 points. We must simply get 3 points. I feel that we can no longer underestimate opposition seeing as we've lost to several different types of premiership clubs. From relegation fodder like Stoke to CL hopefuls like Villa. We've avoided defeat to top four teams but then we've only played two of those games.

I don't even want us to concede.

Galahad

Even though we are probably having huge difficulties in this game, Id still fully expect and demand a win. Anything less is a huge disappointment and will only disrupt our team more so we will play worse in the future. However, as I said, I expect this game to be very difficult for us and that, with some bad luck, Wigan might win it. Even without any kind of bad luck. But maybe for once we will turn up for a game against a bottom half team.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Should in theory be a formality, but things never are with us.

Dear god, allah and budda - noooo Denilson cheers chaps.

law

Denilson to score the winner

Alfonso

Established Member

Losing last night was the best thing that could have happened in relation to winning this game.

Alfonso

Established Member

Care to elaborate?

Yes it does imo. It evaporates the feel good factor from the Chelsea victory thus making us less complacent ahead of Wigan. Two squads, one club. Look at the results after Sheffield Utd and Wigan in the CC. This season we have been at our weakest when we appear to be on the top of the world.

hackajack

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Yes it does imo. It evaporates the feel good factor from the Chelsea victory thus making us less complacent ahead of Wigan. Two squads, one club. Look at the results after Sheffield Utd and Wigan in the CC. This season we have been at our weakest when we appear to be on the top of the world.
It's completely irrelevant to the Wigan PL game, the results after Sheff U and Wigan just happened AFTER those games not BECAUSE of those games

dos1986

Established Member

I think Alfonso has called it.We will win this.

TomasCR

Established Member

Galahad said:
Even though we are probably having huge difficulties in this game, Id still fully expect and demand a win. Anything less is a huge disappointment and will only disrupt our team more so we will play worse in the future. However, as I said, I expect this game to be very difficult for us and that, with some bad luck, Wigan might win it. Even without any kind of bad luck. But maybe for once we will turn up for a game against a bottom half team.
Is it really that bad that before a game with an avarage team we accept we can even lose?

You have begun at the wrong end my friend. I feel you wanted to say more like With some good luck, Wigan will lose no more than 3:0

sabret00the

Established Member

Our kids beat them and so you just know that we're gonna try and lose. We better ****ing not though.

ricky1985

Established Member

I think we'll smash 'em.

If we dont I'll delete this anyway.

dos1986

Established Member

sabret00the said:
Our kids beat them and so you just know that we're gonna try and lose. We better f****g not though.

Our kids beat a carling cup team, huge difference.

Premier Wigan would have hammered the kids, as evident last night.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

dos1986 said:
sabret00the said:
Our kids beat them and so you just know that we're gonna try and lose. We better f****g not though.

Our kids beat a carling cup team, huge difference.

Premier Wigan would have hammered the kids, as evident last night.

Why would he have missed 7 one on ones against 'premier' Wigan aswell. :roll:

Mostarac

Established Member

3 points please. Do not care how we win this match as long as we do it so we can start a run of wins now. We certainly need that.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom