• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

General

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan | EPL | 06/12/08 | 15:00

It was a poor game with some terrible approach play.

I agree Wigan didn't create much but it also took a brilliant save from Almunia to shut them out.

This team just lacks that extra quality.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I'm not surprised to see you say that, but you're wrong. This team has a lot of quality. What it lacks is continuity and confidence at the moment. Both of which should improve as we'll get more players back from injuries soon.

qs

Established Member

Wigan aren't a bad side either. Pool and Chelsea only beat them by a goal, they've beaten decent teams like City, Everton, Pompey.

I said before the match any win is good and it was. Its just a shame it was soured by the fans. Thats ruined my enjoyment of it because its humiliated us as a group.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I'm seriously pissed about that too. Partly because I feel ashamed to be a Arsenal supporter for the first time in ages, but mostly because Eboue was actually having a good game up til the first bad mistake. He didn't deserved any of it and one might wonder what kind of reaction it evokes in players like Adebayor and Touré, who are both good friends with him off the field. It makes me furious that people are still using him as a scapegoat for everything that's going wrong. No one booed when Cesc provided pass after pass to the Wigan players.

True Gooner

Established Member

Yeah, watched the game properly just now and I didn't find much wrong with the performance.

Feels like a loss because of the fans, anyway bottom line is that our form has finally improved, even if our performances could be worked on*.

*I find it amusing when members go on about how they believe in results over beautiful football only to whinge and moan when we scrap wins. Results like this and the Chelsea game may be frustrating to watching and dont mean as much, but if we can maintain some sort of form into the New Year...well, who knows? Middlesboro away will be a hard game though, been ages since we won there.

nazo

Established Member

It wasn't a bad performance, it was just the last 15 minutes overshadowed everything. Not just the whole Eboue circus (idiot fans) but the fact that we were really bad in that period as well. By the end of the (boring) game, we forgot everything the team did right.

General

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
I'm not surprised to see you say that, but you're wrong. This team has a lot of quality. What it lacks is continuity and confidence at the moment. Both of which should improve as we'll get more players back from injuries soon.

What this team lacks is real championship quality in the most important area of the pitch. When you rely heavily on the transition between defence, midfield and attack with a passing game, there is no way you are going to win a championship with this level of quality in midfield. We are not so disadvantaged in the other areas contrary to popular belief.

I look at the midfield quartet of Nasri, Song, Cesc and Denilson and see the creative fulcrum in Cesc as the only championship material. Nasri is not doubt going to be a quality player but he’s not there yet, let alone able to deliver consistency at this level. Song and Denilson have almost the same issues. This is where this team is at, at the moment. If Wenger brings in ready made quality over the Jan window, then maybe we can start talking about championships.

kel varnsen

Established Member

thought it was a decent match. we didn't really play well, but we created a few goal chances from long, direct balls up to adebayor and wigan weren't afraid to go forward when given the chance.

atm, i guess this is pretty much the best we can hope for. a semi decent performance against bottom half teams and three points.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Hit the nail on the head there. With a little bit of luck and hardwork we can make it to January without much more damage inflicted. Then its up to Wenger to act. I'm 100% certain he'll sign at least 2 players

kamikaze80

Established Member

with our lack of midfield quality apparent and with gazidis in the frame, wenger no longer has any excuses. arsenal's like a marriage that's close to falling apart, i'd love to see wenger rekindle the flames. it's funny but the way i see it, we're so close to being dominant and to falling apart at the same time.

Feanor

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Hit the nail on the head there. With a little bit of luck and hardwork we can make it to January without much more damage inflicted. Then its up to Wenger to act. I'm 100% certain he'll sign at least 2 players

If he doesn't sign anyone, I'm holding you personally responsible! With Rossissy being delayed again (Shock? Surprise? Not really...) until March, Walcott injured until april? Nasri limping off, he better sign at least 2 wingers or there will be trouble.

General

Established Member

I'm surprised people haven't haven't picked up on Pallacio's tackle on Nasri.
Sick and tired of losing players to stupid tackles.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Saw this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners/news/junior-gunners-sing-for-your-team-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/juniorgunners/ne ... your-team-</a>
What's Your take on this?

j'nuh

General said:

Im sure in some way or another its Wengers fault.

kamikaze80

Established Member

j'nuh said:
General said:
Im sure in some way or another its Wengers fault.
he shouldve signed palacios while we had him on trial...;)

BUT you must make sure you sit down and sing
:roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom