• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

qs

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan | EPL | 06/12/08 | 15:00

Silvestre is worse than Eboue, he's been shocking all season.

asajoseph

Established Member

Spot on.

Eboue was in danger of giving away the game - Wenger was absolutely right to remove him.

Unfortunately, he did the whole 'crap centre-back on the left wing' thing again, but in the end it didn't matter - we held on.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

qs said:
Taking Eboue off made f**k all sense. We brought Silvestre on who managed to lose the ball 3 or 4 times in the couple of minutes he was on.

Overall the team did pretty well today I thought, we could have won by more. We were dodgy enough near the end but sure what do you expect when you are winning and the fans are booing.
Yeah, and given the Sp**s' game in particular perhaps feeling enough nerves without the boo-birds chirping in.

kamikaze80

Established Member

qs said:
agree 100% and i cant wait for this guy to be sold as he adds no value to the squad whatsoever. eboue at least has a part to play.

qs

Established Member

Can't believe we brought him in and sent Phil out. Senderos for all his flaws is twice the player Silvestre is.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

I'd like to see Clichy taken off at the 85th minute mark in these kind of games, the guy is great, but he always makes me nervous when a game is close at the end, and were under pressure. :lol:

Of course i'm joking, but he needs to think more and play with abit more caution at the end of these types of games. Toure aswell seems to be quite weak mentally and panics under pressure.

Captain

Established Member

Silvestre can cover left back better then Phil. That's the only realistic reason.

General

Established Member

qs said:

Yep.

Poster boy in the matchday program too.

I guess it summed up the game.

JazzG

Established Member

Not a great performance but right now we just need to string a few wins together to make sure our season doesn't completely fall apart. We do have some tricky games coming up, Boro away, Liverpool home and Villa away are our next three matches and it is important we don't lose any of these games.

Tony Montana

Established Member

We probably won't win all of them though and we need to in order to win the league.

progman07

Established Member

qs said:
Taking Eboue off made f**k all sense. We brought Silvestre on who managed to lose the ball 3 or 4 times in the couple of minutes he was on.

Overall the team did pretty well today I thought, we could have won by more. We were dodgy enough near the end but sure what do you expect when you are winning and the fans are booing.
Soo true. You can't believe how angry I was to see that big head coming on for Eboue. Also after coming on he managed to lose the ball twice. I wonder what Wenger was thinking when he resorted to signing Silvestre, and now he thinks putting him on makes us stable... Ahh ridiculous.
qs said:
That's also right, that man utd guy is playing like he was against us, not with us.
qs said:
Can't believe we brought him in and sent Phil out. Senderos for all his flaws is twice the player Silvestre is.
Senderos, while making an odd ****-up in every 5th game, was perfect in the other 4 games. Silvestre is making crucial ****-ups in every single game, as well as being a big-headed cnut.

JazzG

Established Member

Well we ain't gonna win the league even if we win all three of them. Our team simply isn't good enough and that is something we need to realise.

General

Established Member

I have to mention Palacious. What a c*nt . Perhaps still bitter Wenger decided not to sign him up and I’m sure not many would’ve complained if he’d received his marching orders for that tackle on Nasri.

dutchMasta

God damn, went out, they didn't show the match but I saw the result and was ecstatic. All I wanted was a win. Come back, check A-M and it's complete chaos! Going to download and watch the game. Seems like we managed to pull off a win without a gain in confidence. Saw some highlights, was glad to see Edu on the side, miss those blinking eyes, can't wait til he starts playing.

Seems Denilson had a better game, good thing to hear. Booing though was completely wrong. Understand that people want to voice frustration on the team, and Eboue is one of the more frustrating players, but he's just come back from injury and is being played way out of position by Wenger. Wenger can't get booed, so the only real way is to boo the team, not a single player. Would hate that too, but singling out a player undeservedly, unless he really doesn't give a crap or has done/said something really wrong, is going way too far. Saw some clips so can't really say much, but after I watch the match, I'll have a better idea of what happened. Really doesn't sound good though.

kamikaze80

Established Member

Captain said:
Silvestre can cover left back better then Phil. That's the only realistic reason.
except milan have an option to buy. even if they dont exercise it (it doesnt look like they will), it's a clear sign that wenger has given up on senderos and just picked up whatever garbage he could find on the street.

senderos is a better CB than silvestre, gallas is a better LB than silvestre. wenger has lost his mojo and he needs to snap back to reality cos his moves over the last year have been an unmitigated disaster. except for ramsey, every move or lack of a move over the last 12 months has weakened the squad.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I don't know what people are moaning about today. We played a really good game, had at least four chances that should have been a certain goal, three hits on the woodwork, and kept a clean sheet. But even more important, Wigan didn't managed more than one really good chance, and Almunia made a phantom save to deny them anything on it. I really like the fact that Kolo and Djourou worked well together in central defence. It was great entertainment, a good result and some nice football that indicated that we're on our way back to find some form.

Captain

Established Member

I don't really see what relevance Milan's option to buy has. Silvestre was a permanent signing and it is likely that he was preferred to Senderos because he can play left back as well.

Gallas is first choice centre half so his ability to play left back is not really a concern when deciding the relative strengths of your back-up players.

In my opinion, our squad is stronger then last year but our first team is weaker.

qs

Established Member

I agree Klaus. I thought we were fairly good and very unlucky not to get at least another goal. Before the booing started we were coasting and Toure and Djourou were rock solid. Sagna was great too. Clichy was off form, fair enough, it happens. Denilson did well, Ade was great, Robin decent. Midfield wasn't brilliant but Cesc had an ok second half, some nice passing. Almunia had his best game in ages. What do people want? It was a good win, its the start of us digging ourselves out of a rut.

I'll never understand the majority of fans TBH. Today I heard a Pool fan on the radio saying Rafa should be sacked. Ridiculous.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

qs said:
I agree Klaus. I thought we were fairly good and very unlucky not to get at least another goal. Before the booing started we were coasting and Touré and Djourou were rock solid. Sagna was great too. Clichy was off form, fair enough, it happens. Denilson did well, Ade was great, Robin decent. Midfield wasn't brilliant but Cesc had an ok second half, some nice passing. Almunia had his best game in ages. What do people want? It was a good win, its the start of us digging ourselves out of a rut.

I'll never understand the majority of fans TBH. Today I heard a Pool fan on the radio saying Rafa should be sacked. Ridiculous.
Some people are never happy. We hit the woodwork three times today and both Adebayor and Denilson were immense. We should have had at least 3-0. But the most important thing today, three points aside, was the clean sheet. I'm nothing short of impressed by how good Touré and Djourou looked. Wigan didn't get through once, except for that unlucky corner where Al made the best save of his career. All their shots were from distance or out of angle due to their incapability of getting behind our defence. Clichy left a bit too much space on his flank, but that was pretty much it.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom