• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 11/02/07

The_byrne

sabret00the said:
Guys it was a penalty on Heskey, a deserved one or not, it was a penner. No player is supposed to be stupid enough to put two hands on an opposition player in order to try and make ground by slowing him down, changing his trajectory or simply alerting him of your presence.

Myles Palmer actually fingered this issue when he was talking about Senderos's red. The job of the last man is to know when to just leave it in the hands of your keeper. Flamini never done that. If Heskey had been Henry, Adebayor, Baptista, Aliadiere or Walcott i, like a lot of people here. would've gone ballistic.

Thats crap, a hand on the shoulder doesn't make your knees buckle. It was a dive, the same as henry. You can't rot out stuff like he put his hand on his shoulder in the box so he has a right to go down, and he should know when to leave it in the hands of the keeper,(he had his hand on his shoulder, and was pressuring him, he didn't swipe both his legs out from behind) and then compain about diving.

The thing is an english player playing for a small club win's penalties/uses experience, wheres a forgiener playing for a big club is a nasty diving cheat.

lagos

Established Member
The_byrne said:
sabret00the said:
Guys it was a penalty on Heskey, a deserved one or not, it was a penner. No player is supposed to be stupid enough to put two hands on an opposition player in order to try and make ground by slowing him down, changing his trajectory or simply alerting him of your presence.

Myles Palmer actually fingered this issue when he was talking about Senderos's red. The job of the last man is to know when to just leave it in the hands of your keeper. Flamini never done that. If Heskey had been Henry, Adebayor, Baptista, Aliadiere or Walcott i, like a lot of people here. would've gone ballistic.

Thats crap, a hand on the shoulder doesn't make your knees buckle. It was a dive, the same as henry. You can't rot out stuff like he put his hand on his shoulder in the box so he has a right to go down, and he should know when to leave it in the hands of the keeper,(he had his hand on his shoulder, and was pressuring him, he didn't swipe both his legs out from behind) and then compain about diving.

The thing is an english player playing for a small club win's penalties/uses experience, wheres a forgiener playing for a big club is a nasty diving cheat.

I think the point he's trying to make is that
1. what the hell was Flaminni doing puting his hands on his shoulder in the pen box?
2. it could easily have been given

Gurgen

Established Member
sabre, players put there hands all over each other for 90 minutes, but only in the box people start crying for a foul. It's not a foul if it doesn't make the big fat **** fall down, simple as that. And you won't convince me that Flamini's little hands can make Heskey go down.

The fact that he shouldn't have put his hands on him is another point entirely, and I agree with you. Both Phil and Flamini were naive, but it's still never a foul.

Army of Me

Established Member
So what are we saying, any contact in the box regardless of how little should be a penalty?

Get a grip ladies.

Flamini brushed some dandruff of Heskey's shoulder and he went down like like a ton of bricks.

Of course if it was one of our strikers we'd want a penalty, that goes without saying, but if it wasn't given I'm sure we could all understand why.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Seeing that again i change my mind. It was not a penalty. A bit risky by Flamini. If that was in Champions league the Ref would have gave that.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Bottom line is that Heskey went down like the sack of spuds he is. Flamini shouldn't have laid hands on him but Heskey took the risk by going down early, and this time he lost out.

As for Henry, it was no more or less of a dive than Heskey, though it was different - he was fouled but went down late after he lost contol of the ball.

Neither was given and neither should have been given.

Neither Henry nor Heskey come out of these incidents covered in glory.

But because Henry is French (and Henry), and because Heskey is British (and has both the body mass and footballing talent of a heffalump), the former gets the slagging and the latter gets the sympathy.

Oh, and Kirkland's still a ****.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Army of Me said:
So what are we saying, any contact in the box regardless of how little should be a penalty?

Get a grip ladies.

Flamini brushed some dandruff of Heskey's shoulder and he went down like like a ton of bricks.

Of course if it was one of our strikers we'd want a penalty, that goes without saying, but if it wasn't given I'm sure we could all understand why.

Nail on the head time. Perhaps the rules should be clarified on this, because yes, Flamini made contact, but was it enough contact to precipitate Heskey going down the way he did? I don't think so.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i thought given that circumstances, its was 90% it will be given in other matches. most ref will tend to give it. if it was us, i am sure 99% of us will be crying for a penalty.

sure enough wigan deserved to win the match given the no. of chances against us, but its time lady luck shine on us

Gurgen

Established Member
I disagree. They did not deserve anything. You deserve it when you put it in the back of the net more than the opponent.

And we had 69% possesion as well...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
I disagree. They did not deserve anything. You deserve it when you put it in the back of the net more than the opponent.

maybe i used the "deserved" word wrongly, but whwat i meant was that had heskey put away his chances, including the penalty chance, we would have been dead and buried. flamini offside wouldn't have counted too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
arsenal_hleb said:
Gurgen said:

maybe i used the "deserved" word wrongly, but whwat i meant was that had heskey put away his chances, including the penalty chance, we would have been dead and buried. flamini offside wouldn't have counted too.
but if Henry scores his sitter and also scores the free header, the game is different entirely..

lots of if's... game is over, we won 2-1... good 'nuff for me, even though our performance overall was not good

stuart

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Biggus said:
Fungi
Maureenhoe
Fat Sam
Alan "little englander" Pardew

And now we can add a new name to our favourite managers list.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 22,00.html
to be fair to Jewel he's not said anything against Arsenal, all his anger has been directed at the referee Dowd, who did have a mare on Sunday.

True, i think he is a great manager to be honest. Although they have had a poor season he has done a good job at Wigan imo, espescially last season!

Biggus

Established Member
Fair enough... he's certainly not in the same league as those named above him....but come on- the whinging and *****ing about the ref being the cause of them being relegated......nothing to do with them losing the last 9 matches then :roll: Dowds major mistake was the time wasting....Jebus! I expected him to add about 10 minutes on at the end. The other decisions Heskey-no penalty, Clichy- no penalty, Flamster-offside, Ade- offside, could have gone either way, thems the breaks.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He's only saying what all managers say when they're pissed off. Wenger has a good ***** and moan when he thinks with been unjustly dealt with. I don't really have a problem with Jewell, however on the other hand I hate Fat Sam with a passion, he's going to get whats coming to him in one of these's games.

Viper

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Gurgen said:

And had we converted our chances before that, the game would have been dead and buried.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom