• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Saturday 6th February | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

What will the result be and who should be benched for Villa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What I'd give to have a striker who scores goals. Let's say we had a striker who could score 60 goals over two seasons. Absolute pipe dream tho.

I'd take 40 tbh. What we need is a centre forward. We have forwards, but we don't have a centre forward.

We have guys who can get goals over a season. Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, ESR could chip in. But we need a proper CF, a focal point. Priority number 1 in the summer imo.

Gursha

Guys, something is pissing the hell out of me.

Twitter is filled with people posting the laca and emi incident crying that it shouldve been a penalty.

Even the players themselves posted it as an example of poor refs.

Why am I mad? Im mad because for years we give the refs easy decisions against us.

Its rooted in the club.

Lets take this as an example.

Watch it...

Now imagine laca is going for the ball instead of leaning into emi.

That wouldve result in 2 scenarios:
1. emi keeps pulling his shirt which is a blatant penalty.
2. emi realeses his shirt that results in a huge chance for laca and even can still be a penalty cause he initially pulled his shirt.

Instead, laca leans unto emi.
emi smartly make a gesture of going towards the ball but being "stopped" by laca in doing so. it looks like lacas only intention is to stop emi.
Making the refs decisions easy to be against him.

We are always acting like we are entitled to get decisions.
I think the refs gave the right decision there and laca was naive not to even try and get the ball ( that was very close him btw!).

In this same very game i can also give 2 more examples of how naive and stupid we are in a way that gives the ref such easy decisions against us.

Somewhere late i remember bellerin making a tackle on grealish, bellerin got the ball.
Grealish dived.
The ball remained in play.
What bellering did?
Raise his arms looking as guilty as he can possibly be, basically already expecting the call to go against him turning his back to the bal thats still in play, the ball was still in play! and the whistle havnt gone yet! and he didnt even try to get the ball!

The same thing happened when holding was tackling i think it was traore? but holding didnt stop he just continued with confidence that it wasnt a foul, and guess what happend? the ref didnt whistle! ( a rare occasion we didnt made ourselves look guilty)

Our body language with the ref is so bad and always guilty!

Imagine the Luiz incident, if luiz jumped right up shouting and screaming his innocent and demanding a var check. maybe that reaction wouldve made the refs question themselves and tell craig pawson to come and have a look.
But instead he just sat down there feeling sorry for himself... of course they'll give the red if even the player that committed the foul barely complains.

We just give the refs easy decisions. and it drives me mad.

So stop acting all angel like - " but but but he pulled lacas shirt!!!"
so fking what! theres tons of shirt pulling during free kicks!
MAKE THE REFS DECISION HARD! Play it smart! and stop thinking everything should go our way. our body language is so bad with the refs.
you can ignore this and claim a rule is a rule regardless of body language but in the end, humans make the call, and humans are effected mentally by body language.
Ferguson and united back then intimidated refs with body language alone.

Stop blaming everyone else and start looking at ourselves.

Manberg10

Twitter is filled with people posting the laca and emi incident crying that it shouldve been a penalty.

Why am I mad? Im mad because for years we give the refs easy decisions against us.

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

2. emi realeses his shirt that results in a huge chance for laca and even can still be a penalty cause he initially pulled his shirt.

emi smartly make a gesture of going towards the ball but being "stopped" by laca in doing so. it looks like lacas only intention is to stop emi.

I think the refs gave the right decision there and laca was naive not to even try and get the ball ( that was very close him btw!).

In this same very game i can also give 2 more examples of how naive and stupid we are in a way that gives the ref such easy decisions against us.

Somewhere late i remember bellerin making a tackle on grealish, bellerin got the ball.
Grealish dived.
What bellering did?
Raise his arms looking as guilty as he can possibly be, basically already expecting the call to go against him turning his back to the bal thats still in play, the ball was still in play! and the whistle havnt gone yet! and he didnt even try to get the ball!

The same thing happened when holding was tackling i think it was traore? but holding didnt stop he just continued with confidence that it wasnt a foul, and guess what happend? the ref didnt whistle! ( a rare occasion we didnt made ourselves look guilty)

Imagine the Luiz incident, if luiz jumped right up shouting and screaming his innocent and demanding a var check. maybe that reaction wouldve made the refs question themselves and tell craig pawson to come and have a look.
But instead he just sat down there feeling sorry for himself... of course they'll give the red if even the player that committed the foul barely complains.

MAKE THE REFS DECISION HARD! Play it smart! and stop thinking everything should go our way. our body language is so bad with the refs.
you can ignore this and claim a rule is a rule regardless of body language but in the end, humans make the call, and humans are effected mentally by body language.

:lol: Or maybe just expect refs to be competent at their jobs by getting decisions correctly?

You’re overthinking it. One shouldn’t have to con the ref to get a correct decision.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

not sure Laca was even thinking about a foul in real time... it looks like he thought the ball was swinging in far post or that we had a player behind him

Gursha

:lol: Or maybe just expect refs to be competent at their jobs by getting decisions correctly?

You’re overthinking it. One shouldn’t have to con the ref to get a correct decision.

You are one of the delusional ppl that expect the refs to be pure human beings that cannot be influenced by anything else rather than pure justice.

Sorry to burst your bubble but its not gonna happen unless the rules in football will become clear with no grey areas...

can you tell me there are fouls that occur outside the box E.G every time Xhaka gets pressured and twerk for the slightest of touchs and falls on the ball, you think if he did the exact same thing in the opponent box would it be a penalty? never in a million years, 10/10 the ref will wave him to get up.

By your logic that will also have to be a penalty...
not gonna happen. in football the refs have huge power. the rules are very ambiguous and are open to opinions.

Gursha

not sure Laca was even thinking about a foul in real time... it looks like he thought the ball was swinging in far post or that we had a player behind him

exactly, he wasnt aware of the situation, it can happen i dont blame him... but claiming thats a 100% penalty... thats ridiculous...

had he done what i wrote it wouldve been, but he didnt. so get up and move on. we can win a game of football even when 2 decisions go against us. that cant be an excuse.
YES in theory 2 decisions can change the game, but the top team dont need them to win. with those 2 decision it should be 4-1 instead of 2\3-1

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

Grealish dived.
What bellering did?

Without video replays you might have a point, but with VAR now that’s an easy decision to make.

OSBK

Established Member

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

Grealish dived.
What bellering did?

It was a pen regardless, var is there exactly for that.

But you are right, had that been pool then the 11 players and klopp wouldlve forced a var review.

Saldy we have a bunch of instagram players who dont want to upset their mates on the other team. They are happy to get it done to them but they are too nice, as keown said "this teams mentally makes my blood boil"

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

Grealish dived.
What bellering did?

Well, this was a lovely little speech but.. there’s VAR now?

There’s VAR pal. Had they saw the clip we’ve all seen they would’ve (should’ve) given a penalty. Well, maybe not in our case but theoretically they should.

But by all means, have a go at our players.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

Its rooted in the club.

Watch it...

Grealish dived.
What bellering did?

we have become victimized so long, that like a battered broken abused spouse, we blame ourselves for being unfairly treated.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd take 40 tbh. What we need is a centre forward. We have forwards, but we don't have a centre forward.

We have guys who can get goals over a season. Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, ESR could chip in. But we need a proper CF, a focal point. Priority number 1 in the summer imo.

City are cruising the league without a centre forward. Look what Foden and Gundogan are doing. The problem is we fill our team with statues who pass sideways and backwards, and have next to no movement in midfield to create options.

By the time the striker gets the ball they are marked out of the game.

Unless we increase the speed and accuracy of our transitions from the back nothing will change.

shoot for the top

City are cruising the league without a centre forward. Look what Foden and Gundogan are doing. The problem is we fill our team with statues who pass sideways and backwards, and have next to no movement in midfield to create options.

By the time the striker gets the ball they are marked out of the game.

Unless we increase the speed and accuracy of our transitions from the back nothing will change.

The play definitely needs to improve. Last season, Auba scored 29, the season before that he scored 31. Arteta style football has slowed everything down. Good defensively, not good offensively.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Well, this was a lovely little speech but.. there’s VAR now?

There’s VAR pal. Had they saw the clip we’ve all seen they would’ve (should’ve) given a penalty. Well, maybe not in our case but theoretically they should.

But by all means, have a go at our players.

Red card too. No attempt to play the ball. No room for anything but letter of the law, I thought?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Honestly I’m not that upset about that Laca incident. I mean yeah its a pen probably but it’s not as blatantly biased against us as the Luiz red card for example. Especially when they rescinded an identical red card for another club and not the one we had. It’s corruption of the highest order and we simply can’t do **** about it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I stopped being really bothered by VAR after this. There should be full disclosure of what incidents are checked and how long they were reviewed for.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The play definitely needs to improve. Last season, Auba scored 29, the season before that he scored 31. Arteta style football has slowed everything down. Good defensively, not good offensively.

Yep.

I find it concerning when he says we dominated. Moving the ball while standing still isn’t that.

We managed 3 shots on target from 593 passes. It’s taking two hundred passes for us to test the goalkeeper. They managed 8 on target from just 312.

Our possession isn’t dangerous. It’s just possession.

goonergaz

This game was a story of 2 deflections and a poor decision that all went against us (again for the decision).

Their goal would have been saved but for the deflection, Pepe 'cross-shot' was headed for Auba on the far post before deflected and saved...the penalty I don't need to mention, I also thought a couple of their players got away with cards TBH (one of those a red for the penalty).

But there you go, the glory of being an Arsenal fan is that when you win you know you've won the game and it's not reliant on bias or bad luck!

Yep.

I find it concerning when he says we dominated. Moving the ball while standing still isn’t that.

We managed 3 shots on target from 593 passes. It’s taking two hundred passes for us to test the goalkeeper. They managed 8 on target from just 312.

Our possession isn’t dangerous. It’s just possession.

We had a few just wide from Pepe - just because they weren't on target doesn't mean we didn't create chances.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This game was a story of 2 deflections and a poor decision that all went against us (again for the decision).

Their goal would have been saved but for the deflection, Pepe 'cross-shot' was headed for Auba on the far post before deflected and saved...the penalty I don't need to mention, I also thought a couple of their players got away with cards TBH (one of those a red for the penalty).

But there you go, the glory of being an Arsenal fan is that when you win you know you've won the game and it's not reliant on bias or bad luck!

We had a few just wide from Pepe - just because they weren't on target doesn't mean we didn't create chances.

I’m not saying we didn’t. Just at a low rate of efficiency relative to how much of the ball we had.

goonergaz

I’m not saying we didn’t. Just at a low rate of efficiency relative to how much of the ball we had.

Yeah, definitely agree - we pass back/sideways too often when there's a chance to attack, in particular I saw a couple runs from (IIRC) Laca - where he'd laid the ball off and was looking for a return through a gap/over the top - but the ball went back.

Especially when losing a game like that - you need a quick and incisive passing and movement up front or (as we saw) they just get bodies back and we're trying to thread through the eye of a needle or cross to on-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom