• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The stamp could easily be accidental but after that you must agree Sterling’s movement with his knee is quite unnatural. It’s clear in the second angle from behind.

Looks really bad to be honest. He pushes him over with his arm, stamps on his leg and drops to knee him in the hamstring. If that isn't violent conduct, what is?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So as things stand Wolves are 6 points ahead and +5 goal difference.

Something like this would work for us.

Villa 0 v 2 Arsenal
Arsenal 2 v Watford 0

Chelsea 2 v Wolves 0

Or we win our both games and Sp**s get beat by Palace which after watching v United and Wolves is about as likely as us playing CL football next season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So as things stand Wolves are 6 points ahead and +5 goal difference.

Something like this would work for us.

Villa 0 v 2 Arsenal
Arsenal 2 v Watford 0

Chelsea 2 v Wolves 0

Or we win our both games and Sp**s get beat by Palace which after watching v United and Wolves is about as likely as us playing CL football next season.

Chelsea only need to win by one goal in that scenario. If we’re level on GD with Wolves goals scored is the decider.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Chelsea only need to win by one goal in that scenario. If we’re level on GD with Wolves goals scored is the decider.

Did even bother checking goals for and against. Cheers.

Hopefully we can hammer Villa tomorrow and set up the final day with abit of interest.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surprised nobody has Nelson in their lineup. Finally does something productive against Liverpool of all teams then crickets

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A win tonight sets up the last day very nicely. Anything can happen.

You know what could be the most important thing? Watford. If they win later Villa are all but down. They play before us and I think they'll get something at home to City.

If city batter Watford then Villa will be so pumped.

Trofton

What a great week this has been. Beating the two best teams in the world within three days of each other. The team is high on confidence now.

So I don't see anything less than win here tbh. Chance for Auba to score a few

Predicted lineup

1816181_Arsenal.jpg

Match Prediction: Aston Villa 0-2 Arsenal
Mustafi is injured

Trofton

Arsenal will be without Shkodran Mustafi for the trip to Villa Park. The defender suffered a hamstring injury in the FA Cup semi-final win over Manchester City and will miss the game.

Cedric Soares is available after being cup-tied at Wembley while Eddie Nketiah returns following a three-match ban but Pablo Mari (ankle), Bernd Leno, Gabriel Martinelli and Calum Chambers (all knee) are definite absentees.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The stamp could easily be accidental but after that you must agree Sterling’s movement with his knee is quite unnatural. It’s clear in the second angle from behind.

Nothing in that for me. Did his hamstring on before contact anyway. Very unfortunate.

Trofton

Opta Stats

• Aston Villa are winless in their last 17 Premier League home games against Arsenal (D7 L10) since a 3-2 victory in December 1998.
  • Arsenal have won their last seven meetings with Aston Villa in all competitions by an aggregate score of 23-3.
  • Arsenal have won 12 away Premier League matches at Villa Park - at no venue have they won more (also 12 at Goodison Park). The only team they've won more away games against are West Ham (13 - 11 at Upton Park, 2 at London Stadium).
  • Among the 50 Premier League fixtures to have been played at least 40 times, only Aston Villa vs West Ham (36.6%) have seen a lower percentage of home wins than Arsenal vs Aston Villa (36.7% - 18/49). However, the home side has triumphed in three of the last four meetings, as many as in the previous 17 between the teams.
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in their final away game in each of their last nine Premier League seasons (W6 D3), since losing 1-2 at Blackburn in 2009-10.
  • Arsenal have lost three of their five Premier League away games since the restart (W2), as many as they had lost on the road in their first 13 this season (W2 D8 L3). Meanwhile, this could be their first season where they failed to win away against all three promoted clubs since 1989-90, following a defeat at Sheffield United and a draw at Norwich earlier this term.
  • Aston Villa have picked up four points in their last two Premier League games (W1 D1), twice as many as they'd won in their previous 10 combined (D2 L8).
  • Arsenal have had four English players aged under-21 score in the Premier League this season (Eddie Nketiah, Joe Willock, Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson), the first team to achieve this in a season since Middlesbrough in 2007-08 (David Wheater, Ben Hutchinson, Lee Cattermole and Adam Johnson).
  • Since his league debut for Aston Villa in January 2017, Conor Hourihane has provided more assists in league competition (inc. play-offs) than any other Villa player (21).
  • Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has scored in his last two away Premier League games, having found the net just once in his previous 24 on the road. The Frenchman is looking to score in three consecutive away league games for the first time since January 2017, when he played for Lyon in Ligue 1.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A Fabianski disaster-class I believe that day @GDeep™
He would come on from the cold, get a game, look nervous, maybe make a mistake, get dropped again. This kept on happening, Wenger never truly stuck with him so he could gain some form and let his confidence grow.

Not a lot Wenger got wrong, but Fabianksi and Chesney are the two players he messed up with.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think I might have been at Villa one day when Fabianski also made a mistake. Could’ve been Almunia though.

I was at Villa when I was a bit younger but that was when I was at the academy, me and Grealish used to be best mates until I told everyone he still sleeps with a blanky.

Fair to say he's been doing better than I since.

Trofton

Dani Ceballos Premier League Stats since the Restart :

Touches : 504
Key passes : 10
Dribbles completed : 9
Tackles : 15
Interceptions : 17
Ball recoveries : 52
Distanced covered (Km) : 78

That’s top out of every player in our squad. Right now he’s on top I’m expecting another quality performance tonight

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was at Villa when I was a bit younger but that was when I was at the academy, me and Grealish used to be best mates until I told everyone he still sleeps with a blanky.

Fair to say he's been doing better than I since.

I’ll ask him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom