• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Saturday June 20th | KO: 15:00 | BT Sports

Result?

• Brighton Win

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I thought things couldn't get any worse after Wengers last season. We are falling behind even more, laughing stock of the PL. Don't blame Arteta yet, he needs time and transfers. Managers aren't wizards.

But this is shocking. Pathetic.

I honestly thought so too, just remember how toxic things were back then, I really thought that was rock bottom, but now I don’t know how far we’ll fall..

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans wanted change, some even said they wanted change even if it meant being in mid-table just because it was boring just finishing 3rd or 4th every year. Well now those fans have they wanted. I hope they're enjoying it.

This was always going to be the case though and people don't understand this. We're in a transition, look at Man United, won titles for fun, lost their greatest ever manager and now finished above us once in 6/7 seasons.

We just have to be patient and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Arsenal fans wanted change, some even said they wanted change even if it meant being in mid-table just because it was boring just finishing 3rd or 4th every year. Well now those fans have they wanted. I hope they're enjoying it.

It was maybe easier for them,while they spent a lot of money on signings since 2014 and it didn't work out so much under LVG and Mourinho.It was more problem with manager than with squad alone in some cases.We can't afford that much money.

Preacher

Always Crying
How can you f*ck up team building like that is beyond me knowing that we have analytics and scouting departments where at least dozen people are employed. We have no cohesion and balance in the squad. We have plenty of too similar players, we lack speed and athleticism. We have one of the worst midfields in the league. This is the worst team building jobs as I can remember speaking about top clubs.

Gazidis -> Raul + Vinai -> Edu. They all are joke. Kroenke is the most too blame because of his ineptitude to run successful football club. It is no more only about the money, but also about hiring the right people to lead this club. Sleezy Kia will take us to cleaners during next transfer window. You can bet on it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It was maybe easier for them,while they spent a lot of money on signings since 2014 and it didn't work out so much under LVG and Mourinho.It was more problem with manager than with squad alone in some cases.We can't afford that much money.

Yeah I understand that don't get me wrong, United have the luxury of being able to make expensive mistakes until one or two work out. But I think when something changes such as Arsène leaving we all knew how difficult it'd be and we'd need to be careful what we do.

Let's hope Arteta is the right man to take us forward and the board back him with the players we need.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yes, I would still take Jose. I’m sure we would have left there with something if we had him in charge.

Jose would have tore into that **** Maupay and he wouldn’t have dared to say anything at full time.
Yeah embarrassing that Maupay has the ****ing nerve to say anything.
That said, having Mou in would have killed my love of football. The guy deserves Sp**s and they deserve him. No matter how far we fall, they will always fall further and harder. Especially with him at the helm.

Sad that that is the only scant consolation we have now. Grim.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This was always going to be the case though and people don't understand this. We're in a transition, look at Man United, won titles for fun, lost their greatest ever manager and now finished above us once in 6/7 seasons.

We just have to be patient and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Utd and Arsenal are two different cases. Weren’t they in the CL last season? I remember they beat PSG.

Although we finished above Utd, most of those seasons you mentioned included us finishing above them and qualifying for the Europa League, so it has no relevance. They’ve been in transition by constantly changing managers but they still ended up winning the Europa League in the process and we managed to bottle our chance last season in Baku.

I don’t think we should be looking at Utd as our direct rivals anymore. We’re closer to Everton than we are Utd imo.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

**** that guy, in amateur footy he’d have been kicked off the pitch. Jumped into Leno when he could never get the ball then pointed at Leno screaming he’s outside the box when A he pushed him and B Leno is clearly screaming with pain. I would have applauded any player of ours who would have taken the miserable ****muscle out but sadly we have a spineless bunch that only push and pull in a group after the game is lost. Absolute wankers don’t care about Arsenal.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Utd and Arsenal are two different cases. Weren’t they in the CL last season? I remember they beat PSG.

Although we finished above Utd, most of those seasons you mentioned included us finishing above them and qualifying for the Europa League, so it has no relevance. They’ve been in transition by constantly changing managers but they still ended up winning the Europa League in the process and we managed to bottle our chance last season in Baku.

I don’t think we should be looking at Utd as our direct rivals anymore. We’re closer to Everton than we are Utd imo.

Nah the cases are so similar, both teams lost their greatest ever managers, one went winning the PL and one left finishing 6th. Both teams have been worse off since and United have already been through a few managers and I am sure we will as well.

United managed to get CL again but how long was that after Alex left? We have a long process and this is only the beginning, in my opinion with the resources United have it's embarrassing they have been as bad as they have since Fergie left.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Spot on. We always were closer to Everton, for spending. Wenger was the only reason people thought we were rivals for Chelsea, United and City and because he didn't have the resources to compete on a level playing field, the fans shat all over him

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
:lol::lol::lol:

You and James 007 are some funny posters actually. It is more than evident how crucial is Xhaka to this team tbh. I stand more than strongly behind my stances related to him every day more and more.

tenor.gif

Erlis the Clown strikes again. May others be reminded of where your knowledge level on Arsenal comes from...

I must admit that I didn't have a lot of knowledge about Arsenal until recently. Didn't watch Premier League, didn't care what is happening . I of course heard of Arsenal but didn't know a lot about them.
To be remembered as one of the greatest in football. I heard of Özil long before I heard of Arsenal, tbh.

Unfortunately for you, you come from a place of ignorance on what an Arsenal starting quality player/midfielder is so you think Xhaka is up for it. I on the other hand know of the players who have graced the AFC shirt and know Granit is miles off others historically, so I see it as no surprise the standards and Arsenal’s league position has fallen as his importance to the team grew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom