• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

I am suspecting Partey sadly. If it wasn't then we would've heard some sort of official denial by now.

However... arrested does not mean charged or guilty of the crime. Arrested simply means detained and questioned. So even if it is Partey who got arrested, like Bissouma it doesn't mean he's guilty of the crime.

Thoughts with the victim, obviously. I trust the police to find justice. But until Partey is charged and found guilty, we should support him.
Nah, I'm not going to support him. I'm going to ignore him, and our club should do the same. The only person deserving support in that story is the victim.
That's the price to pay to have more people willing to go to the police to report such crimes. If you start protecting the rich and powerful until they are proven guilty, then victims will never feel safe enough to seek justice.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
More like whomever she stole from for that particular set was pretty good. She's the female Mencia.

I remeber Rogan covering this years ago, although obviously due to them being friends he was defending her on the whole (rightly or wrongly). Rogan himself being one Mencia big critics.

To me on whole, quite a lot that supposed to be stolen bits by Amy were weak comparisons/ accusations. That said, there were at least 3 bits that I remeber of that my opinion were joke theft.

Whilst Amy on an interview Jim Norton (again she used to open for him and their friends). Over 2 separate bits from 2 different female (I can't remeber their names) Amy was accused of stealing. Amy claimed naivety and that she wrote the two bits without out ever seeing the much older bits and called it "parallel thinking". To me this seemed like stolen bits.

In particular the most obvious joke theft was the Patrice O'Neil bit (Who Amy used open to) after Patrice has passed.

Amy certainly in my opinion stole these bits but I wouldn't put in her in the Mencia, Robin Williams (although Williams reportedly paid the acts he stole from) and Denis Leary bracket that were entire acts and bulk of their work.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Then what is it?

Everything I've ever read on the subject says it's primarily that.
Like a lot of people on here, I find this one extremely uncomfortable to talk about as well for many reasons. But seeing as we are...

Rape is about consent. So yes, the stereotypical rapist is a violent controlling man, but there are many shades of this - age for example (statutory rape) which varies from country to country. Capacity to give consent, which often comes down to intoxication, but could be from other factors. Consent can be a grey area both in terms of proving what happened, but also for the people involved, especially where large quantities of alcohol or drugs were involved or where there was minimal communication (lack of consent doesn't have to be someone shouting "no", it can be demonstrated in other ways). Think the points some like @Rex Banter have made about football culture are totally relevant because this isn't just about rape, it's the full spectrum of sexual misconduct and the causes for it.

I totally get people's outrage on here and it's actually a relief to me that the vast majority of posters are putting the victim and the issue above their support for Arsenal. But I do also think that speculating is dangerous - let the courts decide the facts, we literally don't know anything at this point.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Absolutely nothing from the club, ITKs and the player himself has unfortunately convinced me it is Partey.

If I heard there were these rumours circulating about me online, I'd certainly make my presence known on social media, just to show people I'm not in a police cell.

Let's play Aubamawang

Nvm ignore my last comment could be from the last friendly.

Whoever did it, I hope the victim is OK. Emotional trauma from rape can be very tough to overcome and live a normal life.

Only a matter of time before it happens at your club, if it’s not an Arsenal player then it’ll be some other time. Rich young men idolised by millions, it’s a recipe for disaster.

The angle of women throwing themselves at such rich and famous people can't be ruled out. I'm not shaming the victim in this case, but generally a high percentage of these famous people get trapped.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Not entirely sure what people expect.

• ITKs hardly have a track record of being correct - there was the case last year where an Everton player was publically misidentified by supposed ITKs
  • Publically coming out with a statement on something like this generally increases the pressure as many people will just think ‘no smoke without fire’
  • Despite how it seems sometimes, the vast majority are not reading **** on the internet

Genuinely hope it’s not him - but if it is, and he’s guilty…hope they throw the book at him

Also just a personal observation - what kind of weirdo has an immediate response of ‘well there goes our season before the ball is kicked’ before thinking of the victim or the fact we could have had a rapist at the club.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
The angle of women throwing themselves at such rich and famous people can't be ruled out. I'm not shaming the victim in this case, but generally a high percentage of these famous people get trapped.
With something like 1% of rape cases successfully reported and prosecuted …that’s a massive statement and a massive stereotype. Generally high percentage? Based on what data or studies?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Genuinely cant stand the Police, British 'media' and public when it comes to rape cases, like f*** Partey if hes guilty but say it comes too light that hes innocent he is never going to shake that rape claim, every ground he goes too it will be shouted at him.

I remember there being a huge front page shaming in one of the tabloids about the 'Suffolk strangler' where they blasted some guys face all over the paper and then it werent even him who did it so they put a little apology in the corner like a week later which was barely visible.

Again, if guilty fair enough but the police and whoever else is invovled really need looking at, it works both ways, cases can be broken on all these leaks.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Okey. Another possibility is that a persons national culture has shaped him. If Part*y is a rapist this: Women in Ghana - Wikipedia may be a reasonable explanation. You are making it very easy for yourself if you only blame a rotten culture and "toxic masculinity" in the football world when a footballer is accused of rape.
What country are you from?

Goonger

Not entirely sure what people expect.

• ITKs hardly have a track record of being correct - there was the case last year where an Everton player was publically misidentified by supposed ITKs
  • Publically coming out with a statement on something like this generally increases the pressure as many people will just think ‘no smoke without fire’
  • Despite how it seems sometimes, the vast majority are not reading **** on the internet

Genuinely hope it’s not him - but if it is, and he’s guilty…hope they throw the book at him

Also just a personal observation - what kind of weirdo has an immediate response of ‘well there goes our season before the ball is kicked’ before thinking of the victim or the fact we could have had a rapist at the club.

To be honest, it's a football forum, so people will discuss the football aspect of it, especially if it affects your team.

It doesn't mean that you are not thinking of the victim at all. In fact, you could argue that in such cases, if you actually have to put down in writing that your actually thinking of the victim when that should be automatic anyway is itself a bit of a sad indictment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom