• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 20 November | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Never thought we would win for a single moment in the run up to this game, the stories doing the rounds of Liverpools so-called demise and also the them having 100 first team players unfit for the game only convinced me even more that a loss was incoming.

But we actually managed to stay fairly competitive-ish in the first half, albeit with a very poor attacking cutting edge and I actually got fooled into thinking we could make a game of it in the second.

What a plonker :facepalm:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think Ramsdale, Laca, Gabriel, Tomiyasu were good...Auba and Saka did ok.

Rest of the guys had a stinker.
Tomiyasu was repeatedly found out. His mistakes didn't go punished but don't think he played better than Tavares. If we wish to regularly be in the top four we'll have to upgrade on him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really don't like the lack of personality in this team. Ramsdale and Gabriel both kinda have it, maybe even perhaps Tierney for all the slagging I give him. But ever one else either doesn't have that real winners mentality (I know it's such a yer da cliche but cliches often do have element of truth about them). I know people whinge about Mane but someone should've sorted him out even if the ref wasn't doing his job properly. Secondly someone should've been showing more leadership trying to keep us in the game rather than us collapsing the way we did. And tbh one or two guys isn't enough you need real leaders everywhere. Leader in goals which we have in fairness, 2/3 at the back, I'm not sure about that. In midfield we really lack it especially without Xhaka and up front don't even get me started.

For all the talk of changing the culture, and I saw this even when Emery was here this is still something we lack. It was the constant criticism of Wenger sides, and 3 and a half years after his departure and all I still see is so much naivety, so little leadership and no real personalities. I said a while back I worried having such a young defence, you need at least one experience leader for games like this. I'm also quite shocked at how little Partey has in that department and even in his play he's quite passive.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tomiyasu was repeatedly found out. His mistakes didn't go punished but don't think he played better than Tavares. If we wish to regularly be in the top four we'll have to upgrade on him.
I agree, I liked Tavares better (but for his mistake).

But Tomiyasu was also against Mane, who was trying everything to get him off his game.

Kysus

Rewatched the second half this morning to try and see what it was that changed, and forced us into such more mistakes, dangerous ball giveaways and having Liverpool in all the wrong areas for us.

The main differences I found was that Liverpool reverted back to pressing our defenders and goalkeeper from the onset, smothering them and preventing them from going long to Saka, Lacazette, ESR and Auba upfield.

What was more worrying though was how both Partey and Lokonga did not track Jota between our defensive and midfield lines, literally allowing him to hover there undetected. This was especially when the ball was in the middle and then trouble coming when turned over by Liverpool. Salah's positioning in the right halfspace added more confusion and trouble for our defensive and midfield lines.

Disappointing to see us crumble like that after a solid first half performance. I do maintain that the team has enough in build up, press and positioning to beat 85% of the league.

But our lack of offensive organisation remains a concern, with an inability to switch to a plan B.
Lots of promising signs in the first half, good organised press, playing it out fairly well under their press, Gabriel and White amazing partnership etc.

Over the full game our remaining leaks got blatantly exposed though. We need another CM. Logonka is promising but he made like 20 mistakes this game, gave the ball away like 5x in a 2 minute stretch at the start of the half.

We still have no gameplan in attack and it shows so much. Not clicking. If we concede first the game is usually over.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hugely disappointing result - maybe not unexpected but still takes us back to square one. Taking regular batterings off our supposed rivals 🤦

City and Liverpool aren't our rivals and haven't been for years, tbh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hugely disappointing result - maybe not unexpected but still takes us back to square one. Taking regular batterings off our supposed rivals 🤦

Are Pool virals? If so rivals for what? We can get top 4, we cant win the PL, and that's what Pool are aiming for. In 2 or 3 more seasons I like to think we'll be aiming for it too. I voted us to finish top 6, if we do end up top 4 it would be quite an achievement. I also dont think we're back to square one, we've lost to a very good team at their ground. We now start another run!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can’t deny such stats though, no matter where you stand on him. He’s second behind Henry in all time PL assists over one season, when De Bruyne couldn’t catch him.
That’s what happens when you’re technically elite and you go all-in on trying to perfect ONE facet of your game, you essentially end up the Lord of kuck without even having the ability or decency to wipe up the discharge. That’s why not even his biggest fans would compare him to the likes of KDB. That’s why nobody would touch him when we binned him and that’s why he retired at 29 to go and play in a mannequin warehouse where he continues to struggle.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
for the mistakes in defence & midfield struggles what the **** was up with the attack always being offside yesterday? 8 times!

just seemed to kill so many attacks & not just marginal offsides around the box but round the middle third :facepalm:

GDeep™

League is very weak
That’s what happens when you’re technically elite and you go all-in on trying to perfect ONE facet of your game, you essentially end up the Lord of kuck without even having the ability or decency to wipe up the discharge. That’s why not even his biggest fans would compare him to the likes of KDB. That’s why nobody would touch him when we binned him and that’s why he retired at 29 to go and play in a mannequin warehouse where he continues to struggle.
Özil is better than De Bruyne, that’s not even a debate.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You can’t deny such stats though, no matter where you stand on him. He’s second behind Henry in all time PL assists over one season, when De Bruyne couldn’t catch him.
Impressive stat but KDB isn’t just someone who provides assists. When he’s playing well he gives you plenty of goals and no.8 type play also.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The second half, trying to play out of the back against a top pressing side was a disaster. The mistakes started to flow and they were like sharks scenting blood and we became rabbits in the headlights.

Tom Mix

I did wonder whether Tierney shouldn't have been brought in to play on the left ahead of Nuno. Bearing in mind how anonymous Saka was I think it would have been worth a shot. I'm sure Tierney wouldn't have been as apathetic as most of our guys were after the second goal.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Tomiyasu is somehow a fan favourite already but he looks quite average on the ball to me.

We definitely need another, more exciting, RB option.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
The difference in quality was painfull to watch yesterday, Liverpool are just a class above us in all sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom