• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester City v Arsenal | 5th November 2017 | 14:15 GMT | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,533
  • Views 122,468

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
i think it's worrying that these 50-50 looking penalties were given against us while playing city and watford. Imagine such penalties being given against a mourinho team. That will never happen. Also city made 15 fouls and we did the same. We got 6 yellows and they got just one. There was a passage of play towards the end where Kdb pushed Montreal twice in a space 5 mins. Referee did not talk to him nor booked him. Sanchez was fouled 6-7 times and no one was booked. Lacazette was booked for his first foul. Oliver might be a good referee but he was incompetent to a very high level. I mean he was ****. We might have lost to them despite the two bad decisions. But that does not mean we as fans sit here and accept it. We can blame the team and manager. But not after such pathetic performance from Oliver today. Today should be reserved for olivers incompetence
Totally agree with this.

If we leave aside all discussions about the teams and managers, the referees are costing us some vital points this year.

No team in that league can take points off City if the referee helps them as well. It's a hard enough job without them being allowed illegal goals ffs.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's being brought up because of the level of injustice. Look at that then look at Silva before setting up Jesus for his goal.. if both are technically offside why did there's count but ours was ruled out?

The one today was an easier decision to make too. Then there's Richarlison's penalty which was an awful decision. Nacho on Sterling today was probably a pen but we've had similar shouts turned down. Could've had a penalty against Stoke for a handball shout.

We're not getting the rub of the green and it's costing us.
Would almost be worth Arsenal paying someone to collate the video evidence to see how bad the situation is and then make an appointment to speak to the FA. We shouldn't take this lying down.

Look how aggressive Ferguson was with officials and they always got the rub of the green.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So tired of Wenger handicapping his own team.

He is so tactically inept.

Go 4 2 3 1

Walcott---------Laca----------Özil
----------------------Alexis
------------Ramsey----AMN
Kola-----Monreal---Kos---Bellerin
-------------------Cech

If you want to stop the other team from playing then pick a team that can do that. Go man for man for man when you dont have the ball and just get the ball quickly to the front 4 when you win it. Task players with a job when they don't have the ball and if they don't do it bring them off.

Walcott nullifies Walker
Özil can stay forward as Delph doesn't really push.
Alexis can absolutely hound Fernandinho all game.
AMN can stick with Silva.
Ramsey can run with De Bruyne

Yet we bench Lacazette and play coq as a cb.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

0e6b544a05094497a91c6a5b1d50a995.jpg

This is offside according to the rules. End of it.
Lacazette was offside you're right. But I can't remember seeing an offside as close as that being given. The linesman can't work within those tolerances as such speed. It has to be a guess.

This begs the question, why are they so keen to give decisions against us?

Lacazette was offside you're right. But I can't remember seeing an offside as close as that being given. The linesman can't work within those tolerances as such speed. It has to be a guess.

This begs the question, why are they so keen to give decisions against us?

Well I learned some time ago to stop question the referees because posters like fabo more and called it bullshit and said it would even out for all teams over course of a season. I got attacked heavily and threatened so I stopped.

I said earlier that of course the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt because there is no way the lines-man see that offside from Laca. But if you are calling for VAR then the machine spot it easily. So I don't think the point would be gained with the offside call. Some mention that Bellerin penalty incident and I find that much more likely!

Fallout

Would almost be worth Arsenal paying someone to collate the video evidence to see how bad the situation is and then make an appointment to speak to the FA. We shouldn't take this lying down.

Look how aggressive Ferguson was with officials and they always got the rub of the green.
i've had this same idea for years now. someone could make a mortifying compilation of the decisions that dont go our way. part of me says i'm just being biased / exhibiting selective memory. another part of me says i'm a sane, intelligent individual. lets go with the latter.

Jae

We didn't play too badly today.

The penalty was 50/50 for me, on another day that might not have been given - Monreal should have known Sterling would try and go down there.

The offside was blatant, but everyone knows you play to the whistle; its basic stuff. Both Monreal and Xhaka would rather stand there and claim offside when they could have done something to prevent that goal.

Too many passengers in our team at the minute, Xhaka, Ramsey and Sanchez to name a few.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Hahahaha! Oh please Arsène please apology to Raheem before he cry.

F**k off Shearar you nothing pundit

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Stop defending English players because they dive it's embarrassing and that's why England national team always fail.

When Alexis dives or Suarez we never stop hear about it but when English players dive like Sterling Alli they end up saying he not that type of player :lol:

Giroud

Established Member
So tired of Wenger handicapping his own team.

He is so tactically inept.

Go 4 2 3 1

Walcott---------Laca----------Özil
----------------------Alexis
------------Ramsey----AMN
Kola-----Monreal---Kos---Bellerin
-------------------Cech

If you want to stop the other team from playing then pick a team that can do that. Go man for man for man when you dont have the ball and just get the ball quickly to the front 4 when you win it. Task players with a job when they don't have the ball and if they don't do it bring them off.

Walcott nullifies Walker
Özil can stay forward as Delph doesn't really push.
Alexis can absolutely hound Fernandinho all game.
AMN can stick with Silva.
Ramsey can run with De Bruyne

Yet we bench Lacazette and play coq as a cb.

Try nullifying a team like City with man marking and you concede ten goals such is there movement off the ball.

Secondly, because all the forwards are man marking off the ball, they will ALL be marked by the City defence on the attacking transition. Play direct to them and they will lose possession under high pressure.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Well I learned some time ago to stop question the referees because posters like fabo more and called it bullshit and said it would even out for all teams over course of a season. I got attacked heavily and threatened so I stopped.
They were wrong bro. I don't believe for one minute that decisions even themselves out like say a dice throw would. Referees are very affected by the atmosphere and other psychological pressures when making split second decisions, even if they try not to be.

Look at the Leicester story . . 3 times the average number of penalties. Refs subconsciously helping them to their dream win.

In general our players are usually fair and well behaved, like Wenger. Referees have no fear of upsetting us.

But Roy Keane and Ferguson, say, were extremely intimidating and refs made sure they were very certain before blowing for a penalty or free kick against them.

It's human nature not chance. And in any case, **** anybody who tries to intimidate or threaten you.

Last edited:

Giroud

Established Member
Arteta was very underrated and was top class for a few seasons. Would have improved our current midfield massively. He was always available for the pass, never hid, almost never gave the ball away and was a decent enough tackler too.

To this day I still wonder how he managed to cover the space in midfield with Ramsey constantly bombing forward like a second striker. He somehow made our midfield look functional off the ball despite his complete lack of pace.

Terrific player.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We didn't play too badly today.

The penalty was 50/50 for me, on another day that might not have been given - Monreal should have known Sterling would try and go down there.

The offside was blatant, but everyone knows you play to the whistle; its basic stuff. Both Monreal and Xhaka would rather stand there and claim offside when they could have done something to prevent that goal.

Too many passengers in our team at the minute, Xhaka, Ramsey and Sanchez to name a few.
That playing to the whistle thing is interesting. Your first thought is to think they should definitely play on regardless, it's what you're told at school, right.

But I've noticed that teams that all stop for an obvious offside or teams that go mad for a penalty claim really influence the refs/linesman.

Several Arsenal players stopped and put their hands up and that should normally have made his mind up for him, particularly as it was blatantly offside. But in this case the linesman must have been daydreaming about what his wife had promised him on his birthday.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't like that Lacazette was on the bench to start, but not totally displeased with the performance. We had our chances, they had theirs --they just executed better (esp. following our brain farts) and lady luck was on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom