• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 22/11/08

TomasCR

Established Member
4561_logo_mcfc.gif
v
arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

I know the game is in 6 days but I think people need to talk about some game. Or at least it´s much better than talking about how Eboue or Toure could play in the middle in place of Denilson or Walcott in place of Adebayor. There is something that needs to be fixed up, what worries me is that even Almunia knows we have to make some changes.

With Sagna, Fabregas and possibly Eboue still out, there are too many variantes of what starting eleven we could play with. Don´t know if Song, Nasri or even Diaby can play with Denilson in the middle but I wouldn´t be surprised if the line-up is.

-------------Almunia--------------
Toure---Gallas---Silvestre---Clichy
Walcott--Denilson---Song-----Nasri
--------Adebayor----RvP-----------

I´m afraid that if something miraculous doesn´t happen, we can lose this one too but **** it 4:0 to the Arsenal. ;)

progman07

Established Member
Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal | EPL | 22/11/08 | 15:00

You can tell I'm crazy, and that it wouldn't work but I'd like this team:

Almunia

Eboue* Toure Djourou Clichy

Walcott Ramsey Song/Diaby Wilshere

Vela Adebayor

*(if he finally gets back)

Let me explain:

Nasri is anonymus in our away games. Also, he just doesn't track back.

Denilson is not good enough. Put Diaby or Song there, they aren't ideal choices, but better than Denilson.

Ramsey, Wilshere, Vela - young, but fired up, and they have the ability. If Wenger considers them as a part of the squad, why doesn't he play them sometimes?

Ramsey - can't do worse than Cesc and Denilson are doing nowadays.
Vela - brilliant finisher, makes clever runs.
Wilshere - I see him tracking back more than any other of our wingers. He is short, but he can be tough. The key is his fighting spirit. He can't be more lost than Nasri in the away games, really.

man city aren't doing exactly well this season, they are only one point ahead of Wigan, who the youngsters beat previously. Why not give these youngsters a chance, who are desperate to show their worth?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i'll wait until about Wednesday to say who I would like to see.. have to wait and see who is fit..

asajoseph

Established Member

This game could produce any score. We could win 4-0 and lose 4-0, and just about anything in between.

number_0

Established Member

Our confidence is on a record low at the moment, we are not the comeback kings anymore, everytime we conceed, our players heads drop and mumbles of "here we go again" goes around the field, no one wants to step up, our players are hated by their own fans, no one to look up to in our team, no passion and fight which our old teams was running on, no matter what the result is, it wont have an effect on our confidence, we need to get a run of games, for us to believe in ourselves again.

hackajack

Established Member

We'll come out on the front foot and cane them.

Galahad

Well show a response by beating fellow strugglers Man ****ty and then lie down to Chelsea. 2-1 to the Arsenal. Who dares to predict a clean sheat for us?

GaelForce22

Established Member

------------Fabianski

Eboue---Gallas---Djourou---Clichy

Theo/Jack--Toure/Song--Cesc--Nasri

----------RVP---Adebayor

If Bendtner is anywhere near the starting line up then I think I'm going to give up. Van Persie should be well rested* and he's looked much better in his last few games bar Stoke so should start. Denilson and Cesc are clearly not working so someone else should be there, whether that's Toure, Song or even Coquelin I'm not too bothered. Djourou and Fabianski also deserve their shots. We are yet to concede a goal when either have played this season and Djourou has been far and away our most impressive defender in every game he's played.
Hughes' Citeh side seem completely different to his Blackburn team and we can hope that they don't have the sense/ability to sit back and defend against us. If they don't, we should win this (not that that sentence means anything anymore).

*Just realised there are internationals this week. ****!

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

I can hope for

----------Fabianski--------

Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Clichy

-----Ramsey-Diaby-Nasri-----

-RVP------Adebayor------Vela-

We'll proberly get

Almunia

Toure-Gallas-Silvestre-Clichy

Eboue-Song-Denilson-Diaby

RVP-Adebayor

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
------------Fabianski

Theo/Jack--Touré/Song--Cesc--Nasri

----------RVP---Adebayor

Cesc is suspended, the good news is he will be nicely rested for the Chelsea game.

TomasCR

Established Member

Do you know what I would like to see happen? A player that will play on Cesc´s place to have an oustanding game and Cesc was against Chelsea on the bench. I would like to see his face, just one ****ing game on the bench.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

TomasCR said:
Do you know what I would like to see happen? A player that will play on Cesc´s place to have an oustanding game and Cesc was against Chelsea on the bench. I would like to see his face, just one f****g game on the bench.

Well you quite frankly are an idiot then, putting it kindly.

Really wish people would stop buying this bullshit of Cesc the arrogant one, who is only thinking of Barcelona, this forum has become a joke.

number_0

Established Member

my formation...

fabianski
eboue gallas tweet clichey
Ramsey diaby song denilson nasri
ade

We should watch out for SWP, robinho and jo, they are the kind of players that will make us look like fools and take the score from dissapointing to humilating.

Lets focus on getting 2 early goals and the 3 CM should be playing for their place, because a good proformance by ramsey and cesc should take their spots in CM for the chelsea.

GaelForce22

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
GaelForce22 said:
------------Fabianski

Theo/Jack--Touré/Song--Cesc--Nasri

----------RVP---Adebayor

Cesc is suspended, the good news is he will be nicely rested for the Chelsea game.

Ah ok. Ramsey should come in then but probably wont.

SimplyFabregas said:
TomasCR said:
Do you know what I would like to see happen? A player that will play on Cesc´s place to have an oustanding game and Cesc was against Chelsea on the bench. I would like to see his face, just one f****g game on the bench.

Really wish people would stop buying this bullshit of Cesc the arrogant one, who is only thinking of Barcelona, this forum has become a joke.

And thanks for that, couldn't agree more.

TomasCR

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
TomasCR said:

You could have put it kindlier though. :lol:

Really wish people would stop putting words into my mouth. When a player doesn´t play well and deserves to be on the bench and you want him to be on the bench, does it make yourself look like an idiot? I´m not in the group that sees Cesc thinking only of Barca, you´re not right here Simply, try it elsewhere.

invisibleman18

Established Member

Can't see us getting too much from this game tbh. No Cesc, no Sagna and Robinho is going to cause us nightmares.

Alfonso

Established Member

asajoseph said:
This game could produce any score. We could win 4-0 and lose 4-0, and just about anything in between.

:lol:

Very true. It should be a great match, we are playing our younger brother.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

TomasCR said:
SimplyFabregas said:
TomasCR said:

You could have put it kindlier though. :lol:

Really wish people would stop putting words into my mouth. When a player doesn´t play well and deserves to be on the bench and you want him to be on the bench, does it make yourself look like an idiot? I´m not in the group that sees Cesc thinking only of Barca, you´re not right here Simply, try it elsewhere.

That's the problem, Cesc against Villa was no worse than Denilson, Nasri(who must of had a pass completion percentage of about 10) or Diaby, he didnt misplace any more passes than those, he didnt put in any less tackles than those. Cesc was one of the few actually getting forward into dangerous positions, and when he does play a great ball, what does Bendtner do, he completely miscontrols it and ****s up the attack.

Here in lies the problem, Cesc is still very much making 'those passes', and he is still very much making 'those runs into the box', he is still one of the few in our squad willing to shoot outside the box. Now i'm not saying Cesc has been great this season, but Cesc's game needs those around him to be able take advantage of what he provides. I can't count the amount of times Cesc makes runs into the box, only for no one to pick him out, do you think Frank Lampard would get so many goals for Chelsea if his team mates were as inadequate as ours at picking his runs out. It also doesnt help when you have front men such as Bendtner & Adebayor who seem incapable of controlling the ball, or have the first clue how to react to a great ball, of which Cesc has made plenty this season. It is no miracle that Cesc is still playing pretty well for Spain, its because he has players around him that arnt clueless and know how to use his passes (hopefully Eduardo comes back soon) and pick his runs (this is where we miss Hleb).

To be honest Cesc seems to be in a no win situation with our fans these days, his pass completition ratio is no worse than any of our other midfielders, yet as soon as he misplaces one pass thats it he has a **** game as far as our fans our concerned, yet Cesc is the only one that seems capable and the only that actually tries to play attacking risky passes, that force the play, instead of the side pass special which we've become accustomed to with Denilson & Nasri. How many times does Denilson pass the ball to Cesc when he is standing right next to him, despite the fact Cesc is usually marked by two players, therefore making it easier for Denilson to actually try and do something himself, yet he usually decides to play the easy option and put Cesc under pressure. Yet people write Cesc off as having no commitment and having his mind on Barcelona despite pledging his loyalty every ****ing time he his asked the question, going out of his way to squash every little ****ing rumour, and proclaiming how he wants to be a future Arsenal captain & legend.

Our side is too Cesc orientated, we our overly reliant on him, it just seems like our side has this mentality of let's pass the ball to Cesc and he can do all the work, which allows sides to completely mark Cesc out of the game, and then our other players don't have a clue how to create attacks, rendering our play very ineffective. Perhaps if we had other creative options besides Cesc in the team, we wouldn't be so one dimensional, you see it with the Carling Cup team, they don't have one main focus for all their attacks they share the responsibility, our first team needs this aswell. Then maybe we can have our world class Cesc back.

Sorry about my rant, but ours fans are starting to annoy me.

ricky1985

Established Member

Agree with you Simply, great analysis.

Fabregas needs help, he is not Cristiano Ronaldo, he cant do it on his own. He is the best player in the world when he has movement and passing options. Sadly he doesnt have that at the moment.

We need to bring in a midfielder to play along side him who is not in awe of him, like Denilson, and others are.
Like Simply says, we need an attack that knows how to move, pass and create with Cesc as a vital cog in the machine, and not as the machine itself.

I think Ramsey has the required arrogance and confidence to make things happen, maybe we should let him try. I know he is 17 but he has already started some big games for us. Wenger must trust him.

Oh yeah and give Samir Nasri some time Simply, he has incredible ability.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom