• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 22/11/08

_scorpion_

Established Member
Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal | EPL | 22/11/08 | 15:00

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
_scorpion_ said:
If the players are giving it thier all and losing, the that means the quality is not good enough.

If that is the case then he should admitt that the team is short on enough quality to win enough matches to challenge for the title and correct his mistake of starting the season so short on quality.

An admission of this would be buying the recquired players in Jan. I think this will happen now.

Thats fair enough.But its the same team that beat Manu. So you cant just say they lack quality based on these bad results because they have shown quality also in the other games.

But that is the problem.
You play Man Utd twice in a season.
You need quality & experience to get you through the other 36 games against teams you ought to beat. You cannot take beating Man Utd as some sort of yardstick when your overturned convincingly by Fulham, Stoke, Man City and Villa.
The squad is not good enough and needs additions.

dutchMasta

Anzac said:
If the players were unable to show any talent or compete against anyone, then I'd accept that they are the root cause of the problem. However the fact that we do win against class opposition, who don't defend in depth & let us play our game, indicates to me that the tactics & style employed is flawed - a mangerial function.
We haven't done it enough times to prove that, one game against Man U with the factors I've pointed out doesn't convince me. Even if we lose against Chelsea, if we can put up a good fight, I'll start to believe a bit. Plenty of games coming up that will answer that question.

Anyway, if we can beat quality teams who let us play, but don't beat worse teams who get in our face, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the formation/tactics. Maybe we just don't have the players who can handle those tactics. And if we don't, then we don't have the quality to win.

Anzac said:
The problem we have now is that the players have lost confidence in their own ability despite AW's constant reassurances & words of faith, and that AW has given no indication that he is prepared to change his basic game strategies.
Yeah, I know we're not this bad, but the loss of confidence was triggered by the lack of quality in our performances in the first place, or maybe the whole Gallas/dressing room problems. Either way, it's a sign of weak mental strength. All our strengths last season have seemingly turned into weaknesses and our previous weaknesses have remained weaknesses. There is likely a better system for these players, but I think it's going to be a bigger waste of time trying to experiment with that than buying the right players in a tried and tested system. And with what's at stake, possibly losing our CL spot, we really don't have time for f-ing around.

Captain

Established Member

We weren't as bad as is being made out (not on here as I haven't read the thread) and ManCity weren't that good.

The heads dropped badly after the second goal, which is very sad.

Clichy was absolutely terrible and Djourou for me was good despite the penalty.

Again, we lacked ideas in and around the box and the team dynamic is completely off-balance. If Ade isn't back this week, we have to play Vela with one of the other two. Ramsey is a good shout for inclusion too, but with Cesc back it is highly unlikely we will go that way although he has to be better on the right then Diaby.

I've seen enough of Song and Diaby now; Song may have a future as a substitute centre-half but Diaby will never be good enough.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else watching the Utd City game?

City have been atrocious (yet VDS gifted them a great chance) and Utd are unlucky just to be 1-0 up. Its a totally different City than last week. Its like they expect to lose so their style is completely different. The players dont look confident, their passing at times has been hesitant, their defence at sixes and sevens. We can beat United yet get hammered by City, its infuriating. Teams that play us have real belief they can get a win against us - yet go out against United and Chelsea and believe a draw would be a huge result for them. There's alot to be said for physcology and its effects (pure football squads apart)

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom