• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 22/11/08

progman07

Established Member
Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal | EPL | 22/11/08 | 15:00

SimplyFabregas said:
Wenger after the game

I believe in good passing rather than putting a man up there waving his hands in the air."

:lol:
OH

MY

GOSH

Did he really say that??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's the best irony I've heard for a long time.

Song, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner. I can't remember one single good pass from them.
Also, it is ridiculous to keep on with his beautiful football sh*t, when it is clear we are playing terribly boring, dull, least creative, sideways passing game, losing the ball millions of times.
On the other hand, Man City pulled off some plays that would have been praised here as 'typical Arsenal moves'.

But again, we live from our reputation of playing nice football.

banduan

Established Member

We're living off a reputation we no longer deserve. We can't pass for **** nowadays.

Gunner Ossie

JazzG said:
thegame24 said:
Part of me is glad this happened and another part of me is ashamed.

Our manager is so stubborn you just feel unless something like this happens he won't react so from that point of view in a way I'm glad as something might actually be done about our problems but then on the other hand I don't like seeing my team lose and humiliated like this but if we have to be humiliated a few more times like this for the message to get through to Wenger and our board then we are just gonna have to put up with it.

could agree more all we need now is for a less delusional manager to become available and we can move old arse wenger upstair via his zimmer frame :lol: :lol:

progman07

Established Member

banduan said:
We're living off a reputation we no longer deserve. We can't pass for s**t nowadays.
That's what I pointed out, too.

go49oner

Established Member

Woke up this morning thinking yesterdays result was just a dream..but later the reality hit me.

I am still shocked at the team Arsène put out yesterday. IMO that is the worest Arsenal team I have seen in my 18 years of supporting this club.

JazzG

Established Member

Just read some of Wenger's post match comments and the guy is digging himself a grave here, we were battered by Man City and 3-0 was a fair reflection considering how many good chances they had.

stiiphunn

Established Member

As bluenaz said, the guy must be crying inside, and yet he still somehow finds the strength to come up with his usual positive comments. It'd be so much easier for him to let everything come out once and for all.

Anyway, what I find worrying is that we're lacking both talent and confidence atm. Just like against Fulham the lads tried, but they were frankly far too limited. It's a big worry. That said yesterday we were missing 9 players I think, and atm we can't afford missing so many players. It's a bit of nightmare really.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Its obvious that Wenger just uses the media to keep the player's spirits up. The problem though is that the more you repeat a lie, the more you can start to believe it.

I question how objective you can be in dealing with a group of players whom you have made career-related promises when bringing them over from remote parts of the world at a very young age. No matter how badly they play, a part of you will always want to give them another chance to repay your faith in them.

This is the danger for me. Arsène has put his entire stock in these players, and he feels a moral responsibility to ensure they deliver. I just think that the project has hurt Arsenal more than was originally anticipated, and it's time to swallow a little bit of pride and excercise some logic.

General

Established Member

The new crop of Gunners are a gutless, bunch of wimps with no stomach for a fight.

Against City they were at it again — a pampered posse of powder-puff players perfectly personified by a striker posing around in PINK boots.

A leaderless lot who were lame and lethargic. Sloppy and sluggish. Over-run and eventually over-turned.

:(

stiiphunn

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
Its obvious that Wenger just uses the media to keep the player's spirits up. The problem though is that the more you repeat a lie, the more you can start to believe it.

I question how objective you can be in dealing with a group of players whom you have made career-related promises when bringing them over from remote parts of the world at a very young age. No matter how badly they play, a part of you will always want to give them another chance to repay your faith in them.

This is the danger for me. Arsène has put his entire stock in these players, and he feels a moral responsibility to ensure they deliver. I just think that the project has hurt Arsenal more than was originally anticipated, and it's time to swallow a little bit of pride and excercise some logic.
This is where intelligence comes in imo. If Arsène is intelligent enough he'll realise he needs to slightly review his policy for everyone's good. And to be fair if he doesn't want his youth policy to be remembered as a failure, he's gonna have to adjust it a little bit. In that respect, he does not even have to swallow some pride, he just has to use some logic as you say.

dutchMasta

article-0-028F32B7000005DC-519_468x682.jpg

What the F is that leap?? And I thought white men couldn't jump! I actually think Dunne might be a decent buy, put in a few good years while we actively find another to brood, possibly Senderos.

progman07

Established Member

Big Poppa said:

If only those players believed so much in themselves as much as Wenger believes in them... and if only Wenger's trust was well-placed... :(

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member

_scorpion_ said:
If the players are giving it thier all and losing, the that means the quality is not good enough.

If that is the case then he should admitt that the team is short on enough quality to win enough matches to challenge for the title and correct his mistake of starting the season so short on quality.

An admission of this would be buying the recquired players in Jan. I think this will happen now.

Thats fair enough.But its the same team that beat Manu. So you cant just say they lack quality based on these bad results because they have shown quality also in the other games.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They showed their quality agaisnt ManU and the away game against Fenebahce. What about the rest? This team is arguably more inconsistent than the one in Season 05-06. At least that team could win in Highbury and yet struggled in away games as expected. In contrast this team can struggle and even lose either two goal lead or even all three points at home turf. It's not like West ham's win in Emirates two seasons ago. In that game the team had all possesion but conceded just by one counter. This team can't even dominate the games at home. I don't want to write off the quality of this team, but to say this current team are good enough to secure the fourth place is a joke.

dutchMasta

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Thats fair enough.But its the same team that beat Manu. So you cant just say they lack quality based on these bad results because they have shown quality also in the other games.
It really doesn't mean anything! First of all Man U let us play our game. We were at home, they missed some horrendous chances, we had a bit of luck with a deflected goal and teams sometimes lose to worse opposition. We did play well that day, credit to the team, but it's been said time and time again, those aren't the games that win you the league, it's the many games against lower opposition and consistensy, and we've royally ****ed that part up.

We're only able to show our quality when teams let us, any match where they've tried to restrict that, we couldn't deal with, that's a lack of quality on our part, in trying to impose our game on the other team, so we do lack quality.

And anyway, you could sound like you were just talking about some mid-table team, somewhat inconsistent, sometimes woeful, sometimes great, even enough sometimes to beat a top 4 team. So disappointing how one result can delude fans (or just one) into thinking we have the required quality to win the title.

Anzac

Established Member

dutchMasta said:
We're only able to show our quality when teams let us, any match where they've tried to restrict that, we couldn't deal with, that's a lack of quality on our part, in trying to impose our game on the other team, so we do lack quality.

Or is it???? By that I mean is it the players that are at fault, or is it the formation & tactics employed?????

If the players were unable to show any talent or compete against anyone, then I'd accept that they are the root cause of the problem. However the fact that we do win against class opposition, who don't defend in depth & let us play our game, indicates to me that the tactics & style employed is flawed - a mangerial function.

The problem we have now is that the players have lost confidence in their own ability despite AW's constant reassurances & words of faith, and that AW has given no indication that he is prepared to change his basic game strategies.

hackajack

Established Member

It doesn't matter what formation you play from 235 to 4231 and all points in between - you need a defensive midfielder

Anzac

Established Member

hackajack said:
It doesn't matter what formation you play from 235 to 4231 and all points in between - you need a defensive midfielder

That's a tactical strategy so does that mean you agree with me????

hackajack

Established Member

I think the issue is that we're missing a couple of players namely a CB and a DM - NOT that we neeed to change formation or style. Any formation or style will have problems without those basics.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom