• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 22/11/08

kamikaze80

Established Member
Re: Manchester City vs Arsenal | EPL | 22/11/08 | 15:00

by the way, darren bent says the Sp**s players could hear our players going after each other in the dressing room at halftime:
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=595238&sec=england&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5739</a>

we all talk about gallas' role in all this, but where was wenger? shouldnt he have a role in disciplining whoever was out of line, or setting the record straight or calling out whoever isn't pulling their weight? is he just hiding in his office in the fetal postiion with his hands over his ears going lalalalala this isnt happening??

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

I'm so sick of players that have the potential to be great, show me players that are great right now.

DC Gunner

Established Member

And a spud is a good source ! :lol:

Anyway, generally young people these days have no respect to anyone after some have put in their heads that they know it all, why do you expect young footballers to be different :wink:

hackajack

Established Member

asajoseph said:
You know, this defeat and performance would be a little easier to take if we didn't have to put up with Wenger insulting our intelligence with his demented comments after the game.
It's only another version of 'I didn't see it' - a long winded way of saying I don't want to talk about it but we have a contractual commitment to doing these poxy interviews. What do you expect him to say: 'I hold me 'ands up guv we were crap'.

General

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
by the way, darren bent says the Sp**s players could hear our players going after each other in the dressing room at halftime:
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=595238&sec=england&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5739</a>

we all talk about gallas' role in all this, but where was wenger? shouldnt he have a role in disciplining whoever was out of line, or setting the record straight or calling out whoever isn't pulling their weight? is he just hiding in his office in the fetal postiion with his hands over his ears going lalalalala this isnt happening??

I'm not sure what Darren Bent is on about but wasn't it 1-1 at half time? If anything he went into half time the happier team. Wenger would've been in that dressing room giving his half time team talk.

If this happened after the final whistle, the I'd give the story some credence. It's a blatant lie.

-Shaun-

Wow, another loss. I honestly would think this result won't have shocked anyone on this forum to be honest, with all the dressing-room hissy fits and media coverage we have received lately. Yeah G. Hoyte may well have a future at the club (not really IMO) but putting such an inexperienced player against Robinho, who is really quite outstanding at the minute is a joke. The poor lad didn't really stand a chance. Oh I wonder why Ramsey wasn't played in the middle, with Song shifted back and Djourou as a RB. Anyone else understand?

Unlucky time to concede the goal though, even more considerably looking at Silvestre and Clichy's tumble. Don't agree with Arsène at all saying the result flattered them. If we were all honest then they had a fair few great chances that maybe they should of scored. Probably 4-1 would have been a fair reflection. Just from watching the highlights I could tell how much we miss Fabregas, Denilson's passing was.... off the mark to say the very least. Dont know what went on in CM.

What better way to comeback, than get all 3 points at Stamford Bridge, eh lads?

:lol:

McIntyre

Established Member

General said:
kamikaze80 said:

I'm not sure what Darren Bent is on about but wasn't it 1-1 at half time? If anything he went into half time the happier team. Wenger would've been in that dressing room giving his half time team talk.

If this happened after the final whistle, the I'd give the story some credence. It's a blatant lie.

Going by what he's quoted as saying in the article, he obviously meant that you could feel the tension between the Arsenal players when they came out for the second half and hence they knew something was going on.

Then when the score was at 4-3 they were bickering amongst themselves on the pitch whilst the Spuds players were focusing on the game and getting the ball in the box.

I'm sure the journalists have taken liberties and there's probably paragraphs' worth of quotes they didn't use, they just tried to spin his quotes to suit what Gallas has been talking about this week.

But he is a Spuds c*nt, so he should keep his mouth shut when it comes to our business. :x

hesham

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
hesham said:
s**t game.
One thing i will say, i'm hopeful Nasri will be a big big player for us
he didn't have the greatest game, but his game is starting to remind of Zidane and the way he used to moves with the ball. ofcourse he is still light years away from the great man. he has been likened to him before but its the first time i have really notice it since he has been here
ugh..i'm so sick of players who are good with the ball. show me some players who are good off the ball - thats our biggest problem offensively. these guys dont have brains.

I know... that's what happens when you play with 4CM.. our whole teams movement is dire. No urgency, no directness just sideways sideways... Was trying to change the doom and gloom :eek:ops:

The worrying thing is when we go down a goal, it doesn't look like we have what it takes to pull one back, we don't have anymore players who are willing to fight for it. They just loose all confidence

Anzac

Established Member

hesham said:
kamikaze80 said:
hesham said:
s**t game.
One thing i will say, i'm hopeful Nasri will be a big big player for us
he didn't have the greatest game, but his game is starting to remind of Zidane and the way he used to moves with the ball. ofcourse he is still light years away from the great man. he has been likened to him before but its the first time i have really notice it since he has been here
ugh..i'm so sick of players who are good with the ball. show me some players who are good off the ball - thats our biggest problem offensively. these guys dont have brains.

I know... that's what happens when you play with 4CM.. our whole teams movement is dire. No urgency, no directness just sideways sideways... Was trying to change the doom and gloom :eek:ops:

The worrying thing is when we go down a goal, it doesn't look like we have what it takes to pull one back, we don't have anymore players who are willing to fight for it. They just loose all confidence

and don't forget 2 deep playing strikers ahead of them........

kanooo

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Chelsea next week :lol:

Why are you laughing?

We're gonna beat Chelsea. And then, we'll lose to Wigan at home the following week! :mrgreen:

JazzG

Established Member

thegame24 said:
Part of me is glad this happened and another part of me is ashamed.

Our manager is so stubborn you just feel unless something like this happens he won't react so from that point of view in a way I'm glad as something might actually be done about our problems but then on the other hand I don't like seeing my team lose and humiliated like this but if we have to be humiliated a few more times like this for the message to get through to Wenger and our board then we are just gonna have to put up with it.

Biggus

Established Member

asajoseph said:
You know, this defeat and performance would be a little easier to take if we didn't have to put up with Wenger insulting our intelligence with his demented comments after the game.

It was f**king pathetic watching Silvestre & Clichy trying to argue a decision with Wiley, there was nearly tears in my eyes.....Wenger's pet Almunia doesn't even "waved his arms" in the six yard box, I have no faith in Wenger's next move, we're screwed.

thegame24

Established Member

It worked in 2001

we were humiliated a lot, especially by pool and united.

He wet out and got sol campbell and made us the best team for the next 4 years.

Biggus

Established Member

thegame24 said:
It worked in 2001

we were humiliated a lot, especially by pool and united.

He wet out and got sol campbell and made us the best team for the next 4 years.

He didn't "get" Sol Game, Sol fell into his lap like Bergy. Looks like his luck has run out.

thegame24

Established Member

David Dein got sol, but im sure Wenger still had to get his word in.

I feel sorry for wenger cause he was forced to be tight with money since 2005.

thegame24

Established Member

btw why are you still up and making posts all over the place lol, did you wathc hatton?

I missed out on the double bet i was gonna put hatton plus city to both win.

tam1886

Established Member

I watched the Hatton fight game, now I can't get to sleep!

thegame24

Established Member

I fukin hate malignaggi.

Hatton owned him, hope that ****** mayweather comes back to get his arwse handed to him too, he deserves a battering ref saved him last time.

_scorpion_

Established Member

[quote="Mbaki Mutahaba To be frank i actually dont see what i could have said very negative about the players today. They gave it all..they lost. You want him to go off them for losing? ...[/quote]

If the players are giving it thier all and losing, the that means the quality is not good enough.

If that is the case then he should admitt that the team is short on enough quality to win enough matches to challenge for the title and correct his mistake of starting the season so short on quality.

An admission of this would be buying the recquired players in Jan. I think this will happen now.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom