• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Didn't see the game but three wins in a row is very good. Stats seem to suggest that didn't concede as many chances as before either so progress in that regard as well. Still weird how Emery is fixed to start with Xhaka-Douzi when he ends up making early subs to fix the midfield in every game. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to not start the same guys if they struggle to do the job. But nevertheless, three wins in a row!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That was a good half of football. Torreira changed the game and Emery must have said something which worked at half-time because we suddenly had more vim.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That last goal was so annoying. When being 2-0 up at 90 minutes you HAVE to prioritize your ****ing defensive duties Bellerin.. Its simply not good enough and he should know better.
Hope he gets an earful and learns, allthough i doubt it.
He was steaming back to help out but at least 10 yards short of his marker when the goal went in.

Seen that so many times, over the last few years, and Mustafi’s individual errors. Not sure Emery will be able sort this without changing personnel.

Alkane

Didn't see the game but three wins in a row is very good. Stats seem to suggest that didn't concede as many chances as before either so progress in that regard as well. Still weird how Emery is fixed to start with Xhaka-Douzi when he ends up making early subs to fix the midfield in every game. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to not start the same guys if they struggle to do the job. But nevertheless, three wins in a row!
Im hoping it was more the fact Torreira got a knock on international duty that he didnt start

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette had a particularly good game again, he looks twice the player he was last season. Sokratis played well too. What I do like about Sokratis is that when you watch him he doesn't look like he's playing, he looks like he's working. We need that seriousness, especially next to the comparably childlike Mustafi.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Lacazette had a particularly good game again, he looks twice the player he was last season. Sokratis played well too. What I do like about Sokratis is that when you watch him he doesn't look like he's playing, he looks like he's working. We need that seriousness, especially next to the comparably childlike Mustafi.
The downside of this is that Aubameyang is wasted on the left. At some point Emery will need to look at stats to see if we are gaining or losing overall by this.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The downside of this is that Aubameyang is wasted on the left. At some point Emery will need to look at stats to see if we are gaining or losing overall by this.

It's easy to say Auba is wasted on the left, but we've seen him play centrally and neither he nor the team were any better like that. Plus it's not like he's not doing anything on the left. He's had chances, he just doesn't look like he's on top form right now.

Lacazette has played so well in the middle that you simply can't justify dropping him imo.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's easy to say Auba is wasted on the left, but we've seen him play centrally and neither he nor the team were any better like that. Plus it's not like he's not doing anything on the left. He's had chances, he just doesn't look like he's on top form right now.

Lacazette has played so well in the middle that you simply can't justify dropping him imo.
He was on a goal a game last season when we weren't playing very well. I don't think we'll get the best out of him on the left and neither is the best at defending so to start both of them in every game is asking for trouble.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He was on a goal a game last season when we weren't playing very well. I don't think we'll get the best out of him on the left and neither is the best at defending so to start both of them in every game is asking for trouble.

But wasn't Auba also on the left last season? You're arguing for Laca to be dropped, and that's clearly not a sensible argument right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom