• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 19/12/04

dsurg

I'd go with the line-up thats been touted but Freddie is out so I'd go with this

Almunia

Lauren Kolo Solo Ash

Pires Vieira Flamini Clichy

RVP Henry

Bench: Lehmann Senderos Fabregas Reyes Hoyte

Ridge

for me Arsène is a stubborn man who doesnt really make changes unnecessary. ;D

play anyone he likes cause we cant do anything! but dont start Reyes please.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I saw some flashes of Kamara..looks very promising. No disrespect to Pompey but I think this is the best opportunity to give players like cesc, bergy, reyes a break. I am soo sure RVP will start this one.. he really has made a difference in all games he came in as a sub.

JazzG

Established Member
Mark said:
Almunia

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Freddie Vieira Flamini Pires

RvP Henry

Subs: 1. Reyes 2. Pennant 3. Fabregas 4. Hoyte 5. Lehmann

Agree with that but I think Reyes will start on the left and Pires on the right, Freddie isn't gonna be able to play on Sunday. These kind of games you win with heart and desire, like we found out last season when Parlour ran his heart out. Fabregas is a terrific player but he doesn't have the engine that someone like Flamini. Also Cole has been carrying this injury for far too long and give the guy a break. RvP has to get a start now, enough is enough FFS. Bergkamp and Reyes both out of form but we gotta play Reyes on the wing due to Fred being out.

Wenger should play that team but he won't :(

Dr. Alban

19 dec: Portsmouth - Arsenal
26 dec: Arsenal - Fulham
29 dec: Newcastle - Arsenal
1 jan: Charlton - Arsenal
4 jan: Arsenal - Man City [Edit: Added this one as well, heavy schedule..]

No way Cesc for one, can play all these games. Wenger will have to use all of his squad and the resources will be streched. Only a few players will play all these games, like Henry, Toure, Lauren, Vieira, Campbell.

Mark

Established Member
I reckon we should rest Cole and Fabregas for the next two games and have them come back against Newcastle which looks the toughest out of all of those.

If not for so many injuries, I think we'd see a bit more rotation around this period. This is the time to rest a few players to get them ready for the more important time of the season. Doesn't really help that we're 5 points behind though. :?

zodos

JazzG said:
Mark said:
Almunia

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Freddie Vieira Flamini Pires

RvP Henry

Subs: 1. Reyes 2. Pennant 3. Fabregas 4. Hoyte 5. Lehmann

Agree with that but I think Reyes will start on the left and Pires on the right, Freddie isn't gonna be able to play on Sunday. These kind of games you win with heart and desire, like we found out last season when Parlour ran his heart out. Fabregas is a terrific player but he doesn't have the engine that someone like Flamini. Also Cole has been carrying this injury for far too long and give the guy a break. RvP has to get a start now, enough is enough FFS. Bergkamp and Reyes both out of form but we gotta play Reyes on the wing due to Fred being out.

Wenger should play that team but he won't :(

It seems we are all agreed on the line-up. We shall see if the man that matters agrees with us. I think RvP is a sure starter though. If not, then we would have to find a way of getting Wenger to explain his actions!

Ridge

rotation? i didnt notice that Wenger uses rotation, he always stick with the same players. :cry:

A

Anonymous

PompeysAngel, whats the feeling down there about redknapp moving to the enemy?
And dont worry i wont forget my rain gear, your bloudy open top away stand :wink:
I also may be meeting up with some well known pompey faces before the game or after, might have to drag out one of my stone islands or even head into oxford street for abit of 'early' xmas shopping, be sure i get one with a hood. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom