• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 29/10/05

ccc

it was the first time that Arsène made a sub before 70th min and it worked well.. we looked like two different team in 1st and 2nd half.

pires had his best 45 min of this season. taking control of the midfield since he's on.

rvp, good performance as sub again. I guess Arsène would play him more only when his case is completely cleared.

cesc shouldn't play so many games at his age. it will influence his physical development definately. he shoulnd't be blamed for his inconsistancy. we need one more CM for rotation.

our defending was awful. even in the 2nd half, our goal was threatened when Sp**s got a chancee every time, ****

RammiXP

sabret00the said:
van Persie is now and has been all season our only goal threat outside of Freddie and Henry why he isn't in the start 11 no more worries me? for what f****g reason did we bring on Cygan? and when will we get some midfield presence? to be honest the team should've been;

Freddie Cesc Gilberto Reyes

Dennis RVP

what is going on with Wenger? Gilberto and Flamini has looked arse and continued to today and Fabregas is better suited in the centre, we were diabolical in the first 65 and after that we could've won it if we tried hard enough, Wenger has really worried me on the strength of this game.

Totally agree even though i don't mind flamini i think u summed it up spot on!! That would have been the team i went with.

Gurgen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
jay-d, I'm not normally around here in the immediate afftermath of a game, I know why now. Sooooooooooooooo much s**t is talked. Ridiculous, but I'm getting through it.. :lol:

Emotions stir and brains stop working :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I watched the game ( living in australia) don't want to talk the first half ,best the team don't remember either. In the 2nd half the transformation was amazing. I will say this a striker leading the line makes the team look entirely different. All of a sudden they look purposeful . I don;t know why people are criticizing Cesc he got on top of the Sp**s midfield in the 2nd half. I don't mind Flamini cesc Gilberto - Cesc but the midfield pairing in the 1st half is not complementary . I really hope that Robin starts next match not only was he dangerous he created as well . The 2nd half performance was the best I have seen this season. I really got a lot of hopr from it . I really think we have turned a corner and can only improve. By the way this must be stating the obvious but Sp**s are definitely better than Liverpool. Clichy by the way is real quality . He was the only one in the first half to consistently gives us drive. I really have hope for the rest of the season.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
eddie_wills said:
Gurgen said:
Agree, Clichy was utter class and Gilberto was garbage.

RvP was brilliant. Again. Bench him Arsène, bench him :roll:

Clichy was not class - his positioning was poor, although his pace made up for this as he can recover situations so quickly. His passing in the first half was awful, and he offered nothing going forward of note throughout.
Quoted For Truth

Quoted for bullshit.

I lost count of how many interceptions he made and how many players he beat on the flank and delivered a good pass.

But fine, if you want to slate the kid with more talent than your beloved Cashley go ahead.

Tegh

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
PolishGooner said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Cesc is but one player in a midfield of four. And is 18 years old. Give the guy a chance, don't be so quick to criticise, I bet you loved him last season..

Player is good or not, it has nothing with his age. If we want him to gain experience, he should play as a sub. We are struggling because we dont have good enough plazers. The same with Flamini

Yeah, and Cesc is good enough. He proved it last year. But there's considerably more pressure on him this year since we sold that old Judas has-been Vieira to Juve. It's hardly his fault that Wenger hasn't signed good enough reinforcements in midfield, is it?

And when you're 18, it has everything to do with age- look at Thierry henry aged 18. Or Patrick Vieira- you'd never heard of them, had you?

That in bold I agree with entirely.

Some sh!t on this forum is a joke.

Is it Fabregas's fault that he is played out of position? For f*cks sake.

AFCG7

Established Member
We really need to start RVP now.. Flamini is useless..we need to relegate him to reserves and sign a proper midfielder in January. Until then we will hve to make do.
On a positive note we played our best football this season in the last 30 mins of the game..Pires and RVP definitely changed the game.
One disappointment though..we rode our luck in the first half but having equalized we really should have stuffed them... Pires with Robinso who was way off his line.. i wish those kinds of chances had fallen to Henry..Thierry would have done him in..taking the piss at the same time.

bank8

Chelsea lead again. 4-2 to blackburn.
They will win for sure. How diffirent our points and them ? 20 point yet?
I think we should give up for title competition and go for cocacola cup that we
can win a champ especially chelsea and liverpool were knocked out.
What about FA.Cup . No way !! we can't compete chelsea .
What about UCL?? ridiculous!!

Sorry for my emotion. I sad when see Titi goodbye ours in the future. :cry: :cry:

ccc

bank8 said:
Chelsea lead again. 4-2 to blackburn.
They will win for sure. How diffirent our points and them ? 20 point yet?
I think we should give up for title competition and go for cocacola cup that we
can win a champ especially chelsea and liverpool were knocked out.
What about FA.Cup . No way !! we can't compete chelsea .
What about UCL?? ridiculous!!

Sorry for my emotion. I sad when see Titi goodbye ours in the future. :cry: :cry:

are you taking time machine from decade ago? there is no cocacola cup any more!

A

Anonymous

chelsea 14pts clear and only played 10 games

a utter disgrace

in the medieval times, just idiots were pad locled and tomatoes throw at them

i would like something like taht happened to wenger and then booted out

a complete **** up by him.

Muppy

crazykolo said:
chelsea 14pts clear and only played 10 games

a utter disgrace

in the medieval times, just idiots were pad locled and tomatoes throw at them

i would like something like taht happened to wenger and then booted out

a complete f**k up by him.

I agree he ****ed up a little.....but not to that extent. :shock:

mccroix

what was wenger thinking when he brought on cygan again ????

well all in all i think a draw is lucky....
something has to change we need a leader in midfield.....

Double_H

Established Member
i wont comment ......cause im almost givin up on the EPL this season

if the diffrerence between us and chelsea is more than 6 points after 19 Matches

i saw lets try and get the ECL

by the way where does chelsea buy there Luck from ???

with IbrahamoBITCH's money they can buy luck too :evil: :evil:

Isragooner

Tottenham were really fired up for the 1st half,and i thought to myself that no team can play at this pace for 90 minutes,i knew they would be tired in the 2nd half.
i saw some people saying that wenger should have started with Pires and RVP, but they would not change anything against that 1st half Sp**s,Pires changed the game more easily because he had space to run into,he had a slight physical advantage over the spuds.Same goes for RVP,when you think of it,we should have won the game,we were dominant,missed 2 good chances..(RVP blocked shot,Reyes overdoing it AGAIN).
,before the game i said to my dad,if pires will play he will score,no matter how, take a one-legged blind Robert pires,dump him in white hart lane and he will score!

P.S-Robert's Through ball to RVP was pure genius.it was a glimpse of the old super-bob.

IBL

Established Member
They shat themselves once they realised they were on the verge of beating us for the first time in 6 years :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
Tegh said:
RocktheCasbah said:
PolishGooner said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Cesc is but one player in a midfield of four. And is 18 years old. Give the guy a chance, don't be so quick to criticise, I bet you loved him last season..

Player is good or not, it has nothing with his age. If we want him to gain experience, he should play as a sub. We are struggling because we dont have good enough plazers. The same with Flamini

Yeah, and Cesc is good enough. He proved it last year. But there's considerably more pressure on him this year since we sold that old Judas has-been Vieira to Juve. It's hardly his fault that Wenger hasn't signed good enough reinforcements in midfield, is it?

And when you're 18, it has everything to do with age- look at Thierry henry aged 18. Or Patrick Vieira- you'd never heard of them, had you?

That in bold I agree with entirely.

Some sh!t on this forum is a joke.

Is it Fabregas's fault that he is played out of position? For f*cks sake.
since when are henry and vieira the ruler of talent in the world? look at rooney at age 18 or Ronaldo, or Adu or Robinho or C.Ronaldo or... i can't be arsed to go on, the myth that you can't perform to a world class standard below the age of 21 was started by Arsène Wenger and let's be honest, any of the above players would be wasted under his management as they wouldn't get the time to develop.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
eddie_wills said:
Gurgen said:
Agree, Clichy was utter class and Gilberto was garbage.

RvP was brilliant. Again. Bench him Arsène, bench him :roll:

Clichy was not class - his positioning was poor, although his pace made up for this as he can recover situations so quickly. His passing in the first half was awful, and he offered nothing going forward of note throughout.
Quoted For Truth

Quoted for bullshit.

I lost count of how many interceptions he made and how many players he beat on the flank and delivered a good pass.

But fine, if you want to slate the kid with more talent than your beloved Cashley go ahead.
i'll say the same thing i've said with each game he's played, he's improving but ultimately still no where near as good Cole, heh in the name of Clichy we put out a weak weak weak team.

DaViEsW

Considering how poorly we played in the first half, I'll take a draw. We'd have won with Titi playing though I reckon. But nevermind, IMO the title's already cozying up with Chelsea miles away so we have to continue Operation: Rebuild and hope we can nail 2nd place down for now.

And with Man Utd losing 3-0 at HT to 'Boro, Liverpool probably relegation candidates with their league form and Newcastle having a naff manager, the biggest threat to that right now seems to be Wigan! :p

Mark

Established Member
Anyone concerned that for the first time in years we come away pleased after a draw with Sp**s and they come away disappointed? Surely it should be the other way round. What's wrong with us at the moment?

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom